Sailing around the world in a San Juan 24

Ole Furnish is twisting The Deserving up:

Jim Furnish‎ to Rimas Meleshyus

5 hrs ·

As the minutes turn to hours and the hours to days-the tension increases. Like twisting a rope it gets tighter and tighter. Thats what it's like for the Friends Of Rimas as they sweat it out waiting for a word...any word on just where is Rimas Meleshyus

LikeShow more reactions
CommentShare

12 12

1 share

Comments

Pete White

LikeShow more reactions
· Reply ·

· 5 hrs

Remove

Raul Eduardo Carnelli Cauci seguiremos apostando a la vida
mucha fuerza para Rimas Meleshyus We will continue betting on life
A lot of strength for RimasSee Translation

LikeShow more reactions
· Reply ·

· 4 hrs · Edited

Remove

Anna Butler Prayers and much love...
2764.png
<3

LikeShow more reactions
· Reply ·

· 4 hrs

Remove

Mitch Gill Yes we all worry about him

LikeShow more reactions
· Reply ·

· 3 hrs

Remove

Jim Furnish Last I was aware Rimas' mother and father are still around in Socchi--he has a sister...cant recall if he said she was in USA or Finland-anyone know? They must be worried sick and scared too

LikeShow more reactions
· Reply ·

· 3 hrs

Remove

Nancy Pittard One of those articles you posted I think mentioned a sister.

LikeShow more reactions
· Reply ·

· 2 hrs

Remove

Jim Furnish I wonder if she is on R's friends list? IIRC, she also messed around with boats

LikeShow more reactions
· Reply · 2 hrs

Remove

Nancy Pittard Do you have any clue as to a name. He sure has many beautiful Russian ladies as friends.

LikeShow more reactions
· Reply · 1 hr

Remove

Jim Furnish Nope, he shows photos of the fam back home and mentions names but the names go right by me,.,I think he posted some pics of his parents here on his page.

LikeShow more reactions
· Reply · 1 hr

Remove

Nancy Pittard Ok. Maybe we can find them.

LikeShow more reactions
· Reply · 1 hr

bfloyd4445

Super Anarchist
Dang, bfloyd!  Now I have to put the captain hat in the tribute Quijia board. He was quite the flag waver wasn't he? We can always use that and not in the Trump manner. 

Yes, that is a huge improvement. Captures the 1000 yard stare perfectly. And I need to do a bit of touch up on the insignia on the hat but I think we are getting close bflloyd.
your on a role! Need a bit more of the cap or at least even out the top so it dosen';t look clipped

Rasputin22

Rasputin22
When the T-Shirt orders start rolling in, I'll get right on that hat edit.

Next you will be wanting me to mirror the horns like you mentioned before!

Rasputin22

Rasputin22
You ready for this?

How about some copy, "At Rimas Firm, you can rest assured that there is a firm hand at the Helm!"

hCBUACq.png

Pretty big hands too! Don would be jealous.

Last edited by a moderator:

bfloyd4445

Super Anarchist
Moderate said:
If you look back a bit , youll see the wind at his last ping.

The fuckin cockroach could have slept thru the minefield

I maintain hes alive 
I'd like to think he will. Without first hand knowledge of the currents  at the reef during the change of tides one cant really make an accurate assessment of his position and survival or not.

He's kicked back with Jim ad Jean someplace plotting the next caper is my guess

bfloyd4445

Super Anarchist
You ready for this?

How about some copy, "At Rimas Firm, you can rest assured that there is a firm hand at the Helm!"

hCBUACq.png
See I told you guys! He aint daed he just moved up in the world.  At Rimas Firm, you can rest assured that there is a firm hand at the Helm!" That's funny but well said. A firm hand at the helm even if there is no helm.  chuckle......

Good job!

bfloyd4445

Super Anarchist
...I hate to think he was wearing the life harness I insisted my donation funded... woulda sucked him down if the boat got gnarled on a reef   :unsure:
not a good thought. He was likely below and not wearing it. Seems to me that would be the place to be rather than be slammed between the vessel and the reef. But it would have been a fast end slashed t bits by the coral. Grim.....

RKoch

Super Anarchist
da 'burg
not a good thought. He was likely below and not wearing it. Seems to me that would be the place to be rather than be slammed between the vessel and the reef. But it would have been a fast end slashed t bits by the coral. Grim.....
The boat was likely tumbled in the breakers. He likely wasn't aware until the last second. If below, there was stuff flying around the cabin that probably injured him. If on deck, he went overboard and was dragged through water by harness. The hatch was probably open, boat took on a lot of water, a few following waves probably sent it down, Rimas still clipped on. I think the wreck is on bottom of the 'lagoon' that's on leeward side of reef...Rimas's body floating around on end of feather like a piece of bait. It was all over in a minute, minute and a half.

Rasputin22

Rasputin22
Dude! You are harshing my Buzz! 

Sadly  I think your scenario may be scarily close to the truth. Hate to think so but it does appear to add up. 

Timmys_Trick_Turkey

Super Anarchist
Thanks to you they don't need one they have the Rimas!
Wind off the stern quarter. Dark night with only a faint line where the reef is. No sound of breaking waves to wake him from a deep sleep just a gentle crunch abeam below the waterline. No chance of sailing off. No electric bilge pump to buy him time. No motor to reverse off. Second crunch, different spot. Now 2 water spots to contend with. Too weak to bail. No lights to see. Nobody there to save him this time. Lays back in his bunk and feels the cold black water rising over him. Thinks, damn, it's their fault.they knew better and put me here. Curse you Jean. The end. Boat slips off the reef into the cold dark world BELOW. Crab food. 

Donovan

Earth
The boat was likely tumbled in the breakers. He likely wasn't aware until the last second. If below, there was stuff flying around the cabin that probably injured him. If on deck, he went overboard and was dragged through water by harness. The hatch was probably open, boat took on a lot of water, a few following waves probably sent it down, Rimas still clipped on. I think the wreck is on bottom of the 'lagoon' that's on leeward side of reef...Rimas's body floating around on end of feather like a piece of bait. It was all over in a minute, minute and a half.
I think you are on point here.  But I suspect it took a bit longer to get across the reef.   I feel bad for him.  I don't think he had a death wish. I'm glad I got to meet him.   

Dex Sawash

Demi Anarchrist
NC USA
...I hate to think he was wearing the life harness I insisted my donation funded... woulda sucked him down if the boat got gnarled on a reef   :unsure:
That harness is probably still in Am Samoa on Pier Pressure. No way he carried much gear back on the plane. That would have been too much like preparation.