HILLY

HILLY
Lake Macquarie
The latest picture of Rimas.....

picture of rimas.JPG

Cal20sailor

Super Anarchist
Detroit
Hey he has gone missing before and then showed up a month later in Hawaii. 
Exactly.  It's like that scene from Apollo 13 where during reentry they lose comms, supposedly for three minutes, but after three minutes, nothing.  They didn't gain communications again until four minutes.  During that one minute stretch, everyone thought they were quite literally toast.  Rimas is just between his 3rd and 4th minute.  Failure is not an option.

bfloyd4445

Super Anarchist
Exactly.  It's like that scene from Apollo 13 where during reentry they lose comms, supposedly for three minutes, but after three minutes, nothing.  They didn't gain communications again until four minutes.  During that one minute stretch, everyone thought they were quite literally toast.  Rimas is just between his 3rd and 4th minute.  Failure is not an option.
yep.  I'm still bugged by the fact there is no sign of  Mimsy.

Ishmael

Yes, we have no bananas
Fuctifino
Failure is Rimas's mode d'etre.

Blitz

Super Anarchist
Hey he has gone missing before and then showed up a month later in Hawaii. 
I'm with you, part of me says he is shark shit, part says he will show up like he always seems to.  He didn't earn the aquatic cockroach badge for nothing.  After a few more weeks of no contact I'll hoist one in honor of our hero.

Cap'n Rima's this is Captain Poseidon.  Rimas calls heads.  It's tails.  Cap'n Rimas will go out in a unsafe vessel with no skills or awareness.  Poseidon will relentlessly unleash the powers of the seas.  Good luck!

ps - how long can you tread water?

Timmys_Trick_Turkey

Super Anarchist
Thanks to you they don't need one they have the Rimas!
Wind off the stern quarter. Dark night with only a faint line where the reef is. No sound of breaking waves to wake him from a deep sleep just a gentle crunch abeam below the waterline. No chance of sailing off. No electric bilge pump to buy him time. No motor to reverse off. Second crunch, different spot. Now 2 water spots to contend with. Too weak to bail. No lights to see. Nobody there to save him this time. Lays back in his bunk and feels the cold black water rising over him. Thinks, damn, it's their fault.they knew better and put me here. Curse you Jean. The end. Boat slips off the reef into the cold dark world BELOW. Crab food. 

Timmys_Trick_Turkey

Super Anarchist
Rimas disc

16 minutes ago, Oronoco said:

His mistake was to be a provacateur Russian American exercising freedom of navigation, thinking in Japanese and talking in gibberish code within nuking range of uncle Kim aka Sillius Soddus.