Sailing around the world in a San Juan 24

RKoch

Super Anarchist
da 'burg
I think Furnish is a commercial fisherman. IMO he's trolling 'yotties', as if every 'successful' KonTikiThon were somehow a black mark against competent sailors.  With Rimas likely dead, I'm surprised he's still poking his nose into FB. 

Aside from the SAists that check in, the FB poster appear to be romantic dreamers that haven't a fucking clue to what Rimas's fate was certain to be. And most of Rimas's FB friends (about 90%) seem to have no interest in sailing at all, but are Eastern European and Japanese women that Rimas found on FB and sent friend requests to. IOW, his FB page was his own 'dating site', though no more successful than his 'big adventure'.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trickypig

Super Anarchist
Australia
He seems to take pleasure in changing his persona subtly.

Although I think all you'll see is an earnest and concerned Jim now the game is over.

Varan

Super Anarchist
I have thought he sounded like he was in L.A. but then his pictures indicate he may be somewhere in the islands and his posts are entertaining so why not encourage more? Where do you think he is and what supporting evidence do you have for this conclusion?

Yes I'm aware of the correct spelling I just have a habit of typing the e
Google likes to change Rimas to Rinse on my tablet. Maybe they know more then they are letting on.

bfloyd4445

Super Anarchist
I can't quite tell (I'm Ream Us's "friend" on FB), what that fuckstick Jim Furnish is up to.

Is he for real the disillusioned armchair supporter, or is he truly the devious animal that everyone here makes him out to be?

Either way, I think he's a complete and total wannabe, and I'd bet a dollar that he's probably one of those "UNTOUCHABLES" on douchecruiserforumdotcom.

Blabber on about shit you don't know, and if you make enough posts, you're in the inner circle, and completely untouchable by "moderators" no matter what kind of bullshit you post on the internet.  Because, everyone with two thousand posts on some fuckwit website must certainly know whatthefuck they're typing about, RIGHT?

YEAH, RIGHT......
its all up to the moderators and there is no appeal. Example: I was on powerstroke.org and they have a tread of pictures of trucks with girls. So my friend a good looking blonde blue eyed lady of about 26 that would rather not wear clothes like I was with me when I was checking irrigation  and I asked her if she would pose for me. She agreed and I took pictures of her hidden behind the drivers door stepping out of the cab. She was totally nude but all you could see was  a little bit of her shoulders her head and her ankles. You could not tell she was nude and would not have known if I hadn't if made mention that she didn't like clothes and was nude. I was banned from the site for six months. the mod was a prudish woman and said my post was not suited for a family site. Geez...there were lots of other postings on that same thread with girls in strings that left not much to the imagination but to her that was ok. I'll see if I can't dig up that pix and post it

Timmys_Trick_Turkey

Super Anarchist
I can't quite tell (I'm Ream Us's "friend" on FB), what that fuckstick Jim Furnish is up to.

Is he for real the disillusioned armchair supporter, or is he truly the devious animal that everyone here makes him out to be?

Either way, I think he's a complete and total wannabe, and I'd bet a dollar that he's probably one of those "UNTOUCHABLES" on douchecruiserforumdotcom.

Blabber on about shit you don't know, and if you make enough posts, you're in the inner circle, and completely untouchable by "moderators" no matter what kind of bullshit you post on the internet.  Because, everyone with two thousand posts on some fuckwit website must certainly know whatthefuck they're typing about, RIGHT?

YEAH, RIGHT......
Dammit I thought I'd be inner circle by now but the Oracle has spoken. At 1595 posts I'm a tad short for legend turkey status, but then again a turkey is head and shoulders above pigeons. Where are the truly great men of the century, when the best we can produce is a total idiot voted in by millions bent on sticking it up the man. 

Ishmael

Yes, we have no bananas
Fuctifino
Furnish is doing the "long con" version of trolling. He's quite good at it.

In the long con, you take your time to establish bonafides and once everyone takes you for a sincere expert, you can start easing in with the serious trolling. The infiltration of rec.pets.cats in 1994 stands as a tipping point--a defining moment in Internet history--for this kind of troll. The highly effective multi-player troll, which takes a team to pull off, was outlined in complete detail in alt.syntax.tactical about that same time.
So...would you like to tell us how many personas you have on this site? Plus or minus ten...

I'm starting to think that there are really only about 45 people who contribute here.

dali%20soft%20construction%20with%20boiled%20beans.jpg

bigrpowr

Super Anarchist
The 805
its all up to the moderators and there is no appeal. Example: I was on powerstroke.org and they have a tread of pictures of trucks with girls. So my friend a good looking blonde blue eyed lady of about 26 that would rather not wear clothes like I was with me when I was checking irrigation  and I asked her if she would pose for me. She agreed and I took pictures of her hidden behind the drivers door stepping out of the cab. She was totally nude but all you could see was  a little bit of her shoulders her head and her ankles. You could not tell she was nude and would not have known if I hadn't if made mention that she didn't like clothes and was nude. I was banned from the site for six months. the mod was a prudish woman and said my post was not suited for a family site. Geez...there were lots of other postings on that same thread with girls in strings that left not much to the imagination but to her that was ok. I'll see if I can't dig up that pix and post it
i dont think any of the mods on that site are female. shoulda been on powerstrokearmy.com ... not nearly as gay , prolly because it's mine .

Ishmael

Yes, we have no bananas
Fuctifino
Ironic that those who ridiculed Rimas with the "choking the chicken" jokes are now doing just that on this thread.  YCMTSU.
Isn't it bedtime in Nanaimo? We have put the bears out for the night and are ready to brush our teeth. The willow bark is good this year.

Rain Man

Super Anarchist
Wet coast.
Isn't it bedtime in Nanaimo? We have put the bears out for the night and are ready to brush our teeth. The willow bark is good this year.
Nice try.  You know I'm right.  This thread has contained nothing of value for several weeks.  Why not just say your final goodbye to Rimas and this thread? Give up, he's gone, your whipping boy finally did himself in.  Time to move on.

RKoch

Super Anarchist
da 'burg
Nice try.  You know I'm right.  This thread has contained nothing of value for several weeks.  Why not just say your final goodbye to Rimas and this thread? Give up, he's gone, your whipping boy finally did himself in.  Time to move on.
Yet you felt compelled to click on it and comment. Hypocrisy much?

Goodbye dash34 in Nanaimo BC...

nanaimo.gif

I tried saying goodbye 2 weeks ago (post #21507 unbelievably) ....   but this thread is like Rimas...it keeps circling the drain.....and we are doomed to circle with him  (metaphor Bf )

Bfloyd I said goodbye to you also #21506 I think......I just tear up at the thought that this engaging dialogue is nearing an end...    or is it ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Alrighty, let's wind The Deserving up a little, thanks to the twattersphere. . .

VFR VERT Rescue‏ @VFRfiji 4h4 hours ago

#MSAR Maritime assets being dispatched for vessel in distress off Viti Levu. Inter agency Coordination in... http://fb.me/8XO7VKBau 

0 replies 0 retweets 0 likes

#MSAR Maritime assets being dispatched for vessel in distress off Viti Levu. Inter agency Coordination in progress #Fiji

DH-8234U0AIl1gI.jpg

DH-8235VwAAKRS7.jpg

0 replies 0 retweets 0 likes

HypnoToad

Anarchist
Odd photos. Almost like somebody took the photos from the last SAR post a couple weeks ago and ran them through a blur filter.