Sailing around the world in a San Juan 24

bfloyd4445

Super Anarchist
No need for that really, I am already on the spot, and am not much of a beggar myself. First we'll see what the Police can do, they are good people and there are loads of them. Laid the groundwork, but need to do a lot more. Thanks for thinking along anyway.

And coming to think of it, I certainly would not want any money or support from the enablers-farcebookers...
Good attitude.....where's the grog?

Fiji Bitter

I love Fiji Bitter
In the wild.
I agree with your sentiments about those who care about Rimas. This is an oft repeated concern when it comes to our threads here.

Otherwise with regards to your comment..." Now I think the Police should do this, easy for them...". Really?  The `haves' telling the `have nots' what they have to do for a foreign national?

It has to be Rimas's community that makes this happen.
It would be easy for the Police to do, they have the resources, and I think the willingness. But you are right about the "haves"/expat sentiment, it's there, and I understand that. An official request will have to come from the USA Embassy/Consulate. Have been working on that also, but they are slow. Will tell you more later today and might need some pushing from you Yankee guys.

Oops, sorry, wrong expression...

P.S. 

Copied this SMS from my local phone yesterday:

""sms from +679 # Tukavesie Police.  07-08-2017  16:27

let them call... u give my number arranging 4 the team.""

They were waiting for a call from the RCC/Navy, that never came.

Very helpful people, he is the crime inspector there and hails from Rabi Island.

Fiji Bitter

I love Fiji Bitter
In the wild.
......besides, you would easily be able to sell any recognizable debris you found to the multitudes of hot chick friends of Rimas farcebookers for a nice sum I'd imagine.
Right u r, wouldn't mind taking their money for some fake underpants, and cans of Rimas' hot air for the immorals.

Actually, I promised my Fijian friends who took me to Texas Reef a big bonus, if we found the Mimsy and they could make a photo of the boat. And a fortune for a photo of the skull. No disrespect there, one has to be realistic...

Fiji Bitter

I love Fiji Bitter
In the wild.
Good attitude.....where's the grog?
Just 1 bottle of   
broken-shackle-white.jpg
for the night..., and now on the coffee.

And there are some aus convicts around here, no joke!

Fiji Bitter

I love Fiji Bitter
In the wild.
Rimas said on Twitter only 2 years ago,
Correction!!!  That's  ONLY  ONE  (1) year ago, you silly.

Can someone with Twitter connections to president Trumpf ask him to ask his friend Putin to find out if they are still alive, and aware of anything ? Any address perhaps, to pass onto the USA consul in Suva ?  

Lark

Supper Anarchist
Ohio
Maybe if we claim his immigration was on false pretenses and fraudulent they will send ICE airplane to round him up.   If he isn't dead he will be rescued, and returned to Putin,   If he's dead we can get photographic evidence.   ICE is kept busy.   Win win win scenario.    

He went out in the open ocean, accepting many risks, while I worked.   His failure to plan or prepare was his choice.   Why should somebody else pay to rescue him?   I donated the value of some sandpaper from my own boat bucks hoping he'd resume his drift and poetry.   He likely spent it at Starbucks, but he had free will to do as he pleased.    I won't hire somebody just in case it's not too late to save his ass.   I might help pay for a photo expedition searching for the wreck of the boat though.

IMG_0202.JPG

RKoch

Super Anarchist
da 'burg
Yea, I wouldn't mind seeing pictures of the wreck or recovered flotsam, but I'm not going to donate to that end. Rimas made a choice, and it was a bad one. Dunning-Kruger had a head-on with Darwin. 

Varan

Super Anarchist
So what have we learned? If you require a tow to reach safety, perhaps Fiji isn't the best destination. 

Dead...by drowning...hit a reef    Body not found.   Enablers in denial....suggesting he has purposely gone radio silent for reasons unknown.  (our media/FB hog goes radio silent ??).   anyway nothing to see here anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:

Varan

Super Anarchist
Forgotten about because of this girl named Irma, Rimas' Revenge.

He's trying to send his buttery flavored ashes to some dude named Tom .

Somebody Else

a person of little consequence
PNW
On 9/5/2017 at 5:30 PM, Varan said:

So what have we learned? If you require a tow to reach safety, perhaps Fiji isn't the best destination. 

An underrated but very good Coen Bros. movie. J. K. Simmons was perfect in that closing scene.

Varan

Super Anarchist
An underrated but very good Coen Bros. movie. J. K. Simmons was perfect in that closing scene.
It was a great movie. First saw it in a small historic theater with at most 20 people attending. For some unknown reason, three blue hairs sat in the row in front of us in a virtually empty theater. WTF? When Cloonley shot Brad Pitt while hiding in a closet, I burst out laughing. The ladies in front of us turned and gave me a stare like "what is so funny about someone killing another person". All I could do is respond "it's a Cohen Brothers movie." Gosh, what did you expect? Great acting by all involved.

G

Dead...by drowning...hit a reef    Body not found.   Enablers in denial....suggesting he has purposely gone radio silent for reasons unknown.  (our media/FB hog goes radio silent ??).   anyway nothing to see here anymore.
Sorry to continue to ask, but is that "hit a reef" a known fact or speculation?  I'm sure he's shark food at this point (hey, sharks gotta eat too), but he could have easily been sunk in deep water in that POS drifting boat of his.  

If the above is speculation, my $$ is on him not drowning but starving to death and/or running out of fresh water.  We will find his desiccated body down below with his hand around the choked chicken laying in a pile of buttery ashes and sash weights.