Sailing around the world in a San Juan 24

Blue Crab

benthivore
Outer Banks
This was posted recently: On Wednesday some of his friends responses on Facebook mentioned travelling to American Samoa. It sounded like they were serious - Jean said he had a ticket. The only way I can imagine Rimas getting into that harbor and tying up is if someone charters a boat, motors out and tows him back in. Then they will have to arrange to get him a dinghy and anchor (does he even have an anchor?).

I gots to wonder what's in it for these guys? Santa already knows who's naughty or nice.

couchsurfer

Super Anarchist
NA westcoast

....I could imagine for the level that Jean's been involved....it's all soooo unbelievable that he has to see for himself that it's not just some strange internet hallucination he's been having.

....We've been looking at -old- pictures of Rimas for months,,,can you imagine what he looks like now?

thought.png

Last edited by a moderator:

couchsurfer

Super Anarchist
NA westcoast
Well, I'll have to admit that nobody has ever flown 4,000 miles to fix my boat and buy me some groceries. I really don't get it.

...likely Rimas' only hope to 'land' his great great adventure of autonomy...

. ..is if someone 'in the know' actually goes out there,,,

. ......goes out and gives him a tow!

. .............Batt: Low indeed!

Somebody Else

a person of little consequence
PNW
I would truly like it if no one went to tow him in.

The Pardy's sailed into Pago Pago just fine, as have many others.

It's a piece of cake.

Wake up, little cucaracha, and take responsibility your yourself.

couchsurfer

Super Anarchist
NA westcoast

...yeh,,,he's 'live' now...pointed North,,~150 miles NE of target....

. ......let's have a guess what the upcoming message will be :mellow:

Rimas Meleshyus

Sat Dec 6th, 201412:00:15 pm

Speed: 3.11 mph Heading: N Elevation: 14.34 ft Batt: Low Lat: -13.123480 Lon: -169.377078

couchsurfer

Super Anarchist
NA westcoast

...king iNeptune speaks......

Rimas Meleshyus

Sat Dec 6th, 20141:13:00 pm
Hello guys. 116 miles to go its hard to believe so close samoa island i will be anyday next week. Sheet tiller stirring i do not use anymore i do not trust.

Speed: 1.87 mph Heading: WSW Elevation: 1.05 ft Batt: Low Lat: -13.127590 Lon: -169.419415

couchsurfer

Super Anarchist
NA westcoast

...pointed N,,continueing west as only Rimas can do :mellow:

....I'm glad he stopped trusting the pesky 'shit-stirring' gear..........it must have been really annoying to have the boat pushing into waves like that,,with wind blowing water onto deck.

Rimas Meleshyus

Sat Dec 6th, 20142:56:30 pm

Speed: 1.87 mph Heading: NNE Elevation: 21.00 ft Batt: Low Lat: -13.133103 Lon: -169.472308