Sailing around the world in a San Juan 24

Trickypig

Super Anarchist
Australia
Someone is editing the negative comments on Rimas's FB page in a peculiarly selective way.

Some negative ones are left for controversy and others that hit the mark are removed.

It's clever since the moron enablers think their take on his exploits are somehow realistic, sensible and holding sway.
them facebook mods are in la la land anyway so it wouldn't surprise me. Wondered what happened to the couple of comments i left and now I know.

I think if i had to pick the one thing to hate it would be censorship of any kind for any reason.
There's a popular right wing cartoonist in Australia who has a Facebook page that talks about freedom of speech etc. yet he has staff immediately censoring FB comments on his posts.

This is particularly important as he has been convicted of fraud and found to be using alias to do dirty business.

So … he looks like a good guy on Facebook but he is quite the opposite.
Wait... What? Someone on the internet is a fraud?
Moreover Facebook is participating in this.

The impact of Facebook in the world has been huge politically and socially… Local government, American political strategists at a federal level, the Arab Spring and a small time pan handler wanting people to give him a boat and gear to drift.

In all these situations I think we should be told when posts are deleted and blocked by the owner of a profile. At least we will know that not everyone's opinions are being expressed.

Many profiles (like that cartoonist's) which look and purport to be a forum will then be seen as heavily modified and not at all a `forum'..

Is that not a good thing ? Cause that's the only reason I'm on FB.
censoring the truth is never a good thing. Why do you think it is?
we're talking about the internet here so you're either older than 50 - I'm guessing...or very naive...or both, which is it?

you do spend an inordinate amount of time on this thread so I'm guessing both.

Karluk

Someone is editing the negative comments on Rimas's FB page in a peculiarly selective way.

Some negative ones are left for controversy and others that hit the mark are removed.

It's clever since the moron enablers think their take on his exploits are somehow realistic, sensible and holding sway.
them facebook mods are in la la land anyway so it wouldn't surprise me. Wondered what happened to the couple of comments i left and now I know.
I think if i had to pick the one thing to hate it would be censorship of any kind for any reason.
There's a popular right wing cartoonist in Australia who has a Facebook page that talks about freedom of speech etc. yet he has staff immediately censoring FB comments on his posts.
This is particularly important as he has been convicted of fraud and found to be using alias to do dirty business.

Trickypig, that's one of the reasons I'm not fond of facebook. Tyrants always claim to support what's right while their henchmen weed out opposition, destroy the truth and mold pseudo facts to fill in the blanks
I just want to make sure I'm understanding this: You are objecting to the use of pseudo facts? After the deliciously ridiculous nonsense you've spewed on this thread...repeatedly, and after being called on it over and over? You don't seem tyrannical at all, though. You seem more like one of those guys that used to know everything before Google came along.

Trickypig, that's one of the reasons I'm not fond of facebook. Tyrants always claim to support what's right while their henchmen weed out opposition, destroy the truth and mold pseudo facts to fill in the blanks
dont forget bfloyd4445 that............"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

psycho....

aloha27

Super Anarchist
kk_zpsvz8ri7cp.jpg

Rimas' hubris induces nausea in actual sailors nearby. Wonder if Rimas had to even speak to that poor fellow there to cause him to blow chunks off the dock?
Well played.

applause.gif

bfloyd4445

Super Anarchist

Wait... What? Someone on the internet is a fraud?
Moreover Facebook is participating in this.

The impact of Facebook in the world has been huge politically and socially… Local government, American political strategists at a federal level, the Arab Spring and a small time pan handler wanting people to give him a boat and gear to drift.

In all these situations I think we should be told when posts are deleted and blocked by the owner of a profile. At least we will know that not everyone's opinions are being expressed.

Many profiles (like that cartoonist's) which look and purport to be a forum will then be seen as heavily modified and not at all a `forum'..
Yes, the readers should be informed of any item removed and the reason for doing so. Most websites of that type just do it and if the author protests they take away your ability to answer posts or to post comments on their site

bfloyd4445

Super Anarchist
dont forget bfloyd4445 that............"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

psycho....
That's what they tell us. But I would like to remind you of what happened to the USSR. Georgia decided to stop sending money to Moscow and when others provinces followed suit the army when ordered to kick ass said," you can no longer pay us, you do your own butt kicking", that was the end of the USSR without bloodshed. The people stood together so the tyrants were powerless. The USSR with no resources to buy mercenaries was out of business.

If you remember it was a polish dock worker part of the illegal organized labor movement that started the whole thing.

bfloyd4445

Super Anarchist
I know the impulse will be to poke fun. There are pics of the lovely family complete with puppies and kitten. I just can't. But I was really tempted to ask if there's a build blog. ;)

Rimas Meleshyus added 3 new photos.

23 hrs ·

I will be staying couple days on this a beautiful boat in Granite Falls, Washington. My friends are sailors too.

11836677_485943874897850_4812714003644879245_n.jpg
Rimas just loves all boats. Good trait

I have a Vision of The Future, chum,

The worker's flats in fields of soya beans

Tower up like silver pencils, score on score:

And Surging Millions hear the Challenge come

From microphones in communal canteens

"No Right! No wrong! All's perfect, evermore."

Sir John Betjeman

http://allpoetry.com/The-Planster%27s-Vision
Nice, thanks for posting

B

bfloyd4445

Super Anarchist

......^^...seems eerily appropriate to be stacking firewood under that boat :mellow:

.........................''My friends are sailors too.'' :wacko:
NO!......that vessel has potential. If she isn't seaworthy you can grow many kinds of mushrooms on the hull and the fertile marsh that will develop at the septic discharge will filter and purify the discharge eliminating any oder after a year or so of growth just like in the town of Arcada California. In Arcada the marsh is now a popular jogging area full of wild life. The vessel itself can provide a comfortable shelter and home for humans as well.

Geez.....she is a grand ship. Years ago I helped save a grand old fantail steamer the personal yatch of President Harding I think named the Welcome 2. Don't think that was the name she held when Harding owned her. I used to pass her often watching her rot away until I managed to get a few boat types interested in saving her. Last I saw of her she had been refitted and planked and was almost ready for the sea. She was 65 feet

I get irate when any is spoken of with respect.

Autonomous

Turgid Member
PNW
I know the impulse will be to poke fun. There are pics of the lovely family complete with puppies and kitten. I just can't. But I was really tempted to ask if there's a build blog. ;)

23 hrs ·

I will be staying couple days on this a beautiful boat in Granite Falls, Washington. My friends are sailors too.

Looks like some sort of Buehler-esque err... vessel. Yeah, that's it.

And Rimas will be squatting on it? Cleanup on aisle three!

Great White

Super Anarchist
Bremerton, WA USA
Great White said:

23 hrs ·

I will say it, that is a bizarre looking boat. And from the way the plank lines run below the chines, I question the construction methods. Looks like someones home design build.

Last edited by a moderator:

Great White

Super Anarchist
Bremerton, WA USA
Great White said:

23 hrs ·

I will say it, that is a bizarre looking boat. And from the way the plank lines run below the chines, I question the construction methods. Looks like someones home design build.
Now I figured it out. It is not a boat, it is just an out building and spare guest bedroom built to look like a boat. Yeah! That's it! Just some kind of nautical theme in the Cascade foothills.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trickypig

Super Anarchist
Australia
Great White said:

23 hrs ·

That's classic sharpie construction. Do some reading...