Parma

Super Anarchist
here
these are just racing stereotypes.

Plenty of cruising stereotypes as well.

And where is the guy in the blue blazer and skippers hat

foamy1946

The OC.
​Where is the guy with the Mount Gay "red hat" he "earned" at the latest Mount Gay party...you know the one you pay $50 to get in and get a hat....never has set foot on a sail boat or raced for that matter.

couchsurfer

Super Anarchist
NA westcoast

....I've always suspected those hats are 'yuffamism foure smthing ealse',,

......as snaggs would say :mellow:

Last edited by a moderator:

MidPack

Super Anarchist
undecided
these are just racing stereotypes.Plenty of cruising stereotypes as well.And where is the guy in the blue blazer and skippers hat
The first guy with the Dad with a Picnic Boat, his Daddy wears the blue blazer in the fam...

BlondeWithFreeBoat

Anarchist
NY
This is what US Sailing spends money on?
This. Trite, cheesy, and allegedly part of a marketing campaign to make sailing look more fun. What??? How does this help anything? It wasn't even mildly amusing with the exception of the opti mom. And it keeps popping up. I had to deal with it clogging my news feed once already last year. Make it go away.

PeterHuston

Super Anarchist
This. Trite, cheesy, and allegedly part of a marketing campaign to make sailing look more fun. What??? How does this help anything? It wasn't even mildly amusing with the exception of the opti mom. And it keeps popping up. I had to deal with it clogging my news feed once already last year. Make it go away.
I'm not even sure they spent any money on it. But they did spend time, and asked for people's attention.

It is pathetic, and a reflection of the attitude that comes out of the staff and senior leadership of US Sailing.

And people wonder why racing is in decline in the US.

Ajax

Super Anarchist
Edgewater, MD
I can see how this video might elicit the briefest of chuckles from people who've been doing this for a long time but it's sure to make potential sailors walk away.

Latest posts