Santa Barbara Sailing

Status
Not open for further replies.

EWS

Super Anarchist
I bet the Doc will be kicking some ass One Design, they simply sail well.
What is the new boats name?
They have a great team and should be up there in the standings however there is some pretty good talent at the upper end of the fleet. It's a pretty physical boat that enjoys being pushed hard. We'll wait and see but I don't see it being a cake walk.........that's what one-design is all about. Getting your ass handed to you by someone else and improving your game.......... the bar is always moving.........

Last edited by a moderator:

Kelp

Super Anarchist
Was in SB last W/E for the Hardway race. Saw the giant sail-ship at the dock (South African reg'd?)...what's the name, what's it cost and what's it rate? :D
Registry - Georgetown, Grand Cayman

Cost - More than a Hope Ranch Mansion

Rating - PHRF So Cal (-69) same as Taxi Dancer, but can carry way more girls

Madmax

Super Anarchist
Santa Barbara
Holy Crap, it is windy here at the airport.

Upper level winds above SB at 12,000 feet are 65 knots.

Gonna be breeze on tonight.

If it does not blow 6 out of the east!

Janer

Super Anarchist
Santa Barbarian
windbox_May_21.png

They are predicting a "wind storm" with puffs to 60 knots.

In which case I am predicting a really fun night in the YC bar.

Janer

Super Anarchist
Santa Barbarian
OK well that was a bust. 80% of the boats did not go out due to the "gale warning", but as the boats left the harbor, the wind died to 13 knots and later even less although there were some BIG puffs rendering some round-ups to the glee of the bar sailors. Deaver always shows up with the XXL camera lens for these nights, but there were no cheap shots to be had. Of course right after the race ended it piped up to 26 again. Oh well..at least SBYC did not Cancel the race like Cal Yacht Club did.

Ball Breaker

The MEN IN BLACK raced the J 92S tonight. Windy and warm with big waves out beyond the point. Our top speed down a wave was 22 knots with the code 3A up. What a blast! All smiles on our boat :)

plenvik

Friends,

When I got my golf bag off of the bus tonight I was missing two clubs out of it. They were in the bag when it went on the bus so no; I didn’t lose them on the course. Please spread the word around and check your bag for my clubs. They are Ben Hogan Radial E wedge and 9 iron. I very much would appreciate getting them back.

Status
Not open for further replies.