Santa Barbara Sailing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madmax

Super Anarchist
Santa Barbara
Hippie John is the guy in the middle.

Sounds like Ditch Run is going to be light.

TresAmigos.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Paddy good

Ireland
Hey everybody, I posted here a while back saying I was coming to santa barbara for the summer part of the affectionatly named 'Irish Invasion'. Anyway, just said i'd throw a post up here seeing if any people around santa barbara are looking for an experienced crew for a few races during the summer?! I've serious amount of miles both inshore and offshore and also lots of helm experience in dinghy's representing Ireland so I'm pretty serious

If somebodies intrested PM me or email me.

Also anybody got a spare job lying around? :rolleyes:

Cheers

Pads

Paddy good

Ireland
Maybe not a jet pilot, but I did bow on a boat in ireland for the last 3 years and i'm looking to bring my home comforts over here so a hot daughter around 20 ish would be a welcome bonus :p !!

Was down around the harbour today and saw this sweet looking boat, had a nice carbon rig, possibly a farr40, wasn't quite sure!!

'melonhead

Maybe not a jet pilot, but I did bow on a boat in ireland for the last 3 years and i'm looking to bring my home comforts over here so a hot daughter around 20 ish would be a welcome bonus :p !!
Was down around the harbour today and saw this sweet looking boat, had a nice carbon rig, possibly a farr40, wasn't quite sure!!

Are you part of the Eoin contingent?

kp

Kelp

Super Anarchist
I've serious amount of miles both inshore and offshore and also lots of helm experience in dinghy's representing Ireland so I'm pretty serious

Pad - You say you are "pretty serious", represented Ireland and have miles of both inshore and offshore but don't know what a Farr 40 looks like?

Huh?

Madmax

Super Anarchist
Santa Barbara
Margarita series was light, but a nice SB day. Nice new green marks, a little tough to see but clearly marked on the course chart, no excuses. The discussion was pretty funny on Taxi.

The Heck brothers made it around Point Conception on Holua.

I called them yesterday afternoon and they were passing San Simeon.

It was blowing 18 and they were still making 8.4 knots over the ground.

Heard through the vine that Shampain and the SC 50 he was ferrying and Temptress the Farr 40, have pulled the plug and will not venture around Pt. Conception due to the conditions, which look kind of tough.

Melonheads kicked some ass in the Ditch race...nice way to represent the hood! 1 st in class. Grant and the Thumpettes got second, way to go gang!

Word for the weekend...Tequila.

pinkey.wmv

Attachments

• pinkey.wmv
    1.9 MB · Views: 30

Janer

Super Anarchist
Santa Barbarian
The first of the Margarita Series lived up to its name! A good turn out of large & small boats. The Heck boys and crew jumped on to Taxi Dancer for the day. I had my own little rock star crew on the Harbor 20. Lots of bump and light air. I retired half way thru the 2nd race as we were out of strawberries and Chardonnay and the tiny jib could hardly push us through the chop. The after party was soooo much fun. Free Margaritas, oh then the trophies were bottles of Tequila, so well you can only imagine things got pretty wild.

At that exact same time our good buddies kp on Average White Boat and Thump on their Melges 24's were heating it up in Stockton. Congrats for being 1st and 2nd in your class. They were so fast that they BOTH got speeding tickets on their way to SF from SB.

big_ears.jpg

Happy Birthday Thump!

'melonhead

At that exact same time our good buddies kp on Average White Boat and Thump on their Melges 24's were heating it up in Stockton. Congrats for being 1st and 2nd in your class. They were so fast that they BOTH got speeding tickets on their way to SF from SB.
Good_Times_en_Route_to_DDR.jpg

Paddy good

Ireland
well when your standing outside the gates of the pier and by the yacht club not much is very easy to make out!! Use your head dude!! It's not like i know what boats ye have lying around here!

Smartass!

Janer

Super Anarchist
Santa Barbarian
Pads..pay no mind to him. He's just annoying. That's why he calls himself Kelp. Kelp is one of the few things that iritates sailors around here. We have Kelp cutters and sticks to deal with him.

If you hang out by the cement wall, harbor side of the YC on Weds (4-4:45) you should be able to snag a ride. Or PM me with your cell # and I'll try to hook you up. Welcome to SB!

Paddy good

Ireland
Theres Always one :rolleyes: I was hoping anarchists would help out, an entire summer of no sailing in this weather, way too difficult. It's like a drug!

Janer

Super Anarchist
Santa Barbarian
Another great Wet Weds. in SB. Wind 9 to 15. The guys who posted on SA for a ride did well. David was on Skian Dhu actively helped for a first place in A class and the Irish dude who rode with Max also first in Class B. Looked for you guys for a cocktail and couldn't find you at the party. SA works in Sb if you are new to town and want a fast ride.

I saw the Melges 24 literally up on the beach. Hey Thump, when we say hit the beach we don't mean it literally. Must be repetitive behavior as Thumper also hit the dirt several times in the Ditch Run...nice that he let the bitchen chicks crew stay on the boat while the boys went in the water. Push, push, you know how I like it...I think that was a song back in the 70's.

I saw the Melges 24 literally up on the beach. Hey Thump, when we say hit the beach we don't mean it literally. Must be repetitive behavior as Thumper also hit the dirt several times in the Ditch Run...nice that he let the bitchen chicks crew stay on the boat while the boys went in the water. Push, push, you know how I like it...I think that was a song back in the 70's.

Yes. Bummer.

Big thanks to Mike Amery on Mar Caballo to come in close to shore and get the tow line hooked up. That was a boat saver. Big thanks to Brian Green as well for swimming over and assisting us while we were trying to keep the boat off the beach in the shore break and to the beach cat guys that came out too! You guys rock!

Boat suffered no damage other that some chingers on the bulb as far as we could tell on the hydro hoist. We're going to do a thorough inspection today in the yard. Keel did need some love after the Ditch Run so this is as good as time as ever before LBRW.

thump

condor

Anarchist
... Big thanks to Brian Green as well for swimming over and assisting us while we were trying to keep the boat off the beach in the shore break ...
Brian seems to have a career helping like this.

A couple years ago I put our boat on the sand at the end of the breakwater (yes, by being stupid!). Brian was in the water swimmming a line to us almost as soon as it happened, and stayed around in the water while we fought with the boat and sand.

So extra kudos to Brian for doing it again!!

What a guy! (and strong swimmer...)

Janer

Super Anarchist
Santa Barbarian
Looks like Samba and Akela will arrive in SB (maybe) late tomorrow. Encinal YC (encinal.org) has tracking devices on the boats and a pretty cool tracking map that can be interfaced with Google Earth. Samba & Akela appear to be well in the lead, however it also shows several boats on the 101 Freeway? Hope they get some wind!

Status
Not open for further replies.