Santa Barbara Sailing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete M

Super Anarchist
So Cal
news to me crew - got no knowledge of such goings on

full disclosure - I usta sail with kenny & Laura for a few years - but was um...dis invited last May

so not sticking up for the team or anything

just want to hear the evidence

Janer

Super Anarchist
Santa Barbarian
Information on the "gutting" of the interior of the boat was provided by the new owners who bought it from Laura thru Kenny. They are now struggling to rebuild the interior and to make it legal to its rating. The new owners attended the PHRF Regional meeting. All this info is available on line to the public.

Yeah, it would be great if it was not true, but then again, could we get a measurer or someone to look at her latest boat, j/125, which was in a yard down south for 4 months prior to splash in SB. Probably not getting varnish on the rails all that time?

voiceofreason

Information on the "gutting" of the interior of the boat was provided by the new owners who bought it from Laura thru Kenny. They are now struggling to rebuild the interior and to make it legal to its rating. The new owners attended the PHRF Regional meeting. All this info is available on line to the public.
Yeah, it would be great if it was not true, but then again, could we get a measurer or someone to look at her latest boat, j/125, which was in a yard down south for 4 months prior to splash in SB. Probably not getting varnish on the rails all that time?

This pattern of conduct; buying stock boats and manipulated their ratings while spending large sums clearing out interiors, fairing bottoms, modifying appendages, in other words customizing them so you can market hollow victories over amateurs with real stock boats who don’t flaunt the rules, started well before the current owner came on the scene. If you want to treat the disease and not the symptom, ban the professional who enabled it. If not, someone new will simply take the current owner’s place and the cycle will repeat itself.

DR. LAURA CHEATS AGAIN!!
This is insane..how can a person continue to cheat in a sport?? It's time to ban her from the Race Course.

At the January 20th meeting of the PHRF Board it was brought to light that Laura Schlessinger had "gutted" her J/92S STING. Stating that she "removed the forward tank, the head and much more." She never informed anyone of these changes which are definitely significant.

"The discussion concluded with the decision to require the former owner (Laura) to come in for a disciplinary hearing.

The PHRF Judge Advocate will write a letter to her reminding her that she must notify PHRF when making such changes to her other boats and requiring that she or her representative come in for a disciplinary hearing. The Fleet Secretary was tasked with organizing all documentation on STING and sending it to the Judge Advocate."

View attachment 100156
Perhaps it was a "STING" operation :wacko: :blink: :mellow: :eek: :lol:

Janer

Super Anarchist
Santa Barbarian
This pattern of conduct; buying stock boats and manipulated their ratings while spending large sums clearing out interiors, fairing bottoms, modifying appendages, in other words customizing them so you can market hollow victories over amateurs with real stock boats who don’t flaunt the rules, started well before the current owner came on the scene. If you want to treat the disease and not the symptom, ban the professional who enabled it. If not, someone new will simply take the current owner’s place and the cycle will repeat itself.

Hummm, I think I just heard a pin drop..

anyone?

Madmax

Super Anarchist
Santa Barbara
Hot Rum 3 is done and over,

Taxi took the prize and Rum runneth over.

No wind at the start, the first ones would wait,

Taxi corralled and lept out of the gate.

Passing most boats on the very first leg,

The Farr stayed in front till the second leg.

Taxi continued to extend their lead,

Is there any way to beat this PHRF steed.

The rain never came and the wind did not show,

That did not diminish the winning crew drinking...down below.

Winning is easy in an inverted start sailing race,

All you do is turn off the wind...till you start and make haste.

One thing is sure and never to be glum,

Sailing in February and drinking Free Hot Rum.

BT15.jpg

happyending

Most of the time this untruthful biatch is SB's problem. I think it is in the interest of all you folks to toss this self-righteous liar. If not the shoulders of all toward her should be ice cold, and the beer handed to any who help this "[email protected]@t" piss warm.

Nacraman

Why doesn't everyone wait until the PHRF review until posting anymore negative comments.

This has more to do with the personalities involved then the actual issue's with the boat.

happyending

sounds to me you should be pointing the finger at kenny, I doubt the doc even looks down below!

Esp. since we all know what she looked like down below. Good point on her knowledge, but if something was amiss, don't you believe she had the duty to know?

Be ready, she has a public habit of falsehoods, until there is no other way out. IMHO she traded her credibility years ago.

rvrfish

Good Morning Max,

Thanks for the poetic race report, I logged on this morning looking for a race report on the hot rum. (Maybe I should go sailing?) What a great way to start the week, Thanks!

The historical picture of SB harbor is very interesting, do you have any information about it? year location etc. (I think it was taken from the SBCC bluff?)

Cheers,

Matt W

PS, J.A.G. you missed some good birding and tide pooling.

Rhinoceros Auklet,

http://www.whidbeyaudubon.org/birdlist/RhinocerosAuklet.jpg

Red-necked Grebe

http://www.realbirder.com/Birds%20in%20Bri...neckedGrebe.jpg

Sea Hare

http://faculty.fullerton.edu/dzacherl/imag...0Sea%20Hare.JPG

J.A.G.

Hey, No fair eating my friends!

Besides, I think you have to take a rating penalty when you remove the feathers. Cheater!

Hey, I just ate them as they were shipped! Sure I added some extra sauce and put on a side of Blue Cheese dressing, but that wouldn't affect the number of calories... would it??? :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:

voiceofreason

Why doesn't everyone wait until the PHRF review until posting anymore negative comments. This has more to do with the personalities involved then the actual issue's with the boat.

This pattern of conduct; buying stock boats and manipulating their ratings while spending large sums clearing out interiors, fairing bottoms, modifying appendages, in other words customizing them so you can market hollow victories over amateurs with real stock boats who don’t flaunt the rules, started well before the current owner came on the scene. If you want to treat the disease and not the symptom, ban the professional who enabled it. If not, someone new will simply take the current owner’s place and the cycle will repeat itself.

full circle

Super Anarchist
Ventura, CA.
Why doesn't everyone wait until the PHRF review until posting anymore negative comments. This has more to do with the personalities involved then the actual issue's with the boat.

This pattern of conduct; buying stock boats and manipulating their ratings while spending large sums clearing out interiors, fairing bottoms, modifying appendages, in other words customizing them so you can market hollow victories over amateurs with real stock boats who don’t flaunt the rules, started well before the current owner came on the scene. If you want to treat the disease and not the symptom, ban the professional who enabled it. If not, someone new will simply take the current owner’s place and the cycle will repeat itself.

is there an echo in here?

voiceofreason

This pattern of conduct; buying stock boats and manipulating their ratings while spending large sums clearing out interiors, fairing bottoms, modifying appendages, in other words customizing them so you can market hollow victories over amateurs with real stock boats who don't flaunt the rules, started well before the current owner came on the scene. If you want to treat the disease and not the symptom, ban the professional who enabled it. If not, someone new will simply take the current owner's place and the cycle will repeat itself.

is there an echo in here?
There are many people watching and listening, but few writing and talking, at least not on this site. This might explain how things have go so wrong for so long. PHRF was intended to be self-policing. Nice job Santa Barbara!

Apparently things have changed. The J92 is just the beginning. People have come forward and more will follow. The PHRF hearing is a "disciplinary hearing" read their minutes. PHRF has already found fault. The hearing simply decides what to do about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.