Santa Barbara Sailing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete M

Super Anarchist
So Cal
skiff regatta report

two days on the water in light air - not much over 6 to 8 kts - sometimes down to about 2 kts - foggy on the water - sunny on the launch ramp

plus a moth guy ( SA poster black Pearl - no foiling at all)

7 races for the 11 I14s and 8 races for the 16 29ers

two I14s battled for the top spot - trading 1s and 2s

Max Fraser & David Leibenberg got 1st in the 29ers by 3 pts

- O toole and H Henken got 2nd in the 29ers in a tie breaker - after taking two DNSs

edit - results -http://www.sbyc.org/2009_05_17_Skiff_Fest_Scores.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:

Pete M

Super Anarchist
So Cal
Saturday was a bit crazy on the water - skiff guys, loads of collage sailors, and a bunch of outrigger canoe guys racing – best wind of the day was back in the sunshine in the harbor on the way in

Madmax

Super Anarchist
Santa Barbara
Hmmm.

18425.jpg

skiff regatta report
two days on the water in light air - not much over 6 to 8 kts - sometimes down to about 2 kts - foggy on the water - sunny on the launch ramp

plus a moth guy ( SA poster black Pearl - no foiling at all)

7 races for the 11 I14s and 8 races for the 16 29ers

two I14s battled for the top spot - trading 1s and 2s

Max Fraser & David Leibenberg got 1st in the 29ers by 3 pts

- O toole and H Henken got 2nd in the 29ers in a tie breaker - after taking two DNSs

edit - results -http://www.sbyc.org/2009_05_17_Skiff_Fest_Scores.pdf
Had fun for about 30 mins Saturday afternoon. Enough wind by the pier to foil around, but if I went out too far to the fog line, splash low riding again. Still fun to be there and meet new skiffies. Biggest learning of the weekend, how to back down the Moth to get the kelp off the foils... :)

Good to met you Pete, if you ever need a crew, PM me...

The Moth Guy

First to name this couple wins a drink at the club!

guesswho.jpg

Other news... thumper was sold today to a nice navy pilot. She's planning on sailing the boat in SB and hopes to make new friends and learn the ropes on the Melges. Also heard Dr. Laura was out for a ride on another M24 today and interested in the class. With new boats showing up from Cabo and renewed interest perhaps the momentum is swinging to the M24 SB fleet!

thump

Clockwork

No Way!! Say it isn't true Jane.

First to name this couple wins a drink at the club! View attachment 108295

Other news... thumper was sold today to a nice navy pilot. She's planning on sailing the boat in SB and hopes to make new friends and learn the ropes on the Melges. Also heard Dr. Laura was out for a ride on another M24 today and interested in the class. With new boats showing up from Cabo and renewed interest perhaps the momentum is swinging to the M24 SB fleet!

thump

Madmax

Super Anarchist
Santa Barbara
I don't know who the gal is ( :rolleyes: )but the Gay guy with the Izod shirt sure looks like the ultimate lounge lizard...none other than Captain Yabsley.

Janer

Super Anarchist
Santa Barbarian
No Way!! Say it isn't true Jane.
First to name this couple wins a drink at the club! View attachment 108295

thump

:eek: I'm speechless. :ph34r: In my defense, I believe my eyes are closed and I just drank a peyote milkshake. :blink:

J.A.G.

I don't know who the gal is ( :rolleyes: )but the Gay guy with the Izod shirt sure looks like the ultimate lounge lizard...none other than Captain Yabsley.

Max, you've got 1/3 nailed... which Captain Yab... and look closely at the boat name on the girls shirt, the answer is closer than it seems :unsure: ....
Loren, you may need to rename your boat! :)

Happy Memorial Day everyone, especially our veterans!

Max, that isn't the ex-submariner!

J.A.G.

I should also add, Jill Freeland has produced a beautiful square at I'Mardinarri (sp?). Classic quote from Jill, "This is my regatta weekend!" Her square is to the right when facing the Mission, and her names above it. Check it out.

Janer

Super Anarchist
Santa Barbarian
Max,

The Lounge Lizards are a select group of sailors with a mission statement and qualifications noted as well as a lengthy admission process, almost equal to the old "Black Widow" sailing group. Scott D. and Matt Wilson did not meet the qualifications and were pronounced "trap door spiders" much to their chagrin. No Yabers have ever entered the Lounge Lizard category. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.