Santa Barbara Sailing

Status
Not open for further replies.

dox2

I don't know who the gal is ( :rolleyes: )but the Gay guy with the Izod shirt sure looks like the ultimate lounge lizard...none other than Captain Yabsley.

Max, you've got 1/3 nailed... which Captain Yab... and look closely at the boat name on the girls shirt, the answer is closer than it seems :unsure: ....

Wait! Same night! here's one more! Grant - are you still buying the cocktail?

jo.jpg

Madmax

Super Anarchist
Santa Barbara
I don't know who the gal is ( :rolleyes: )but the Gay guy with the Izod shirt sure looks like the ultimate lounge lizard...none other than Captain Yabsley.

Max, you've got 1/3 nailed... which Captain Yab... and look closely at the boat name on the girls shirt, the answer is closer than it seems :unsure: ....

It is the pilot Yabsley, before he got a haircut.

As for the comments about him not being a qualified Lounge Lizard....I beg to differ-look it up in Wikipedia ...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lounge_Lizard

This is my new Cessna 182 in Mammoth 2 days ago.

182_mmh.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Janer

Super Anarchist
Santa Barbarian
max, fill us in on the rumor of who is bringing a 52 to santa barbara. seems as if you want to share.

The Doc?

naw, she's having "fun" with DC lately...

//quote]

I just heard the news. DC and da doc are pairing up (they are sooo perfect for each other). Their TP 52 is named

"Fatty and the Blow Fish". Look forward to seeing the graphics!

Gatherer

Ventura

Is Proctor & Gamble sponsoring this crap ... (As the world turns....)? Jeez- I'd thought someone might talk about the great weekend at SC Island or some such shit.

We had a great spinnaker run home, by the way...

:rolleyes:

J.A.G.

Is Proctor & Gamble sponsoring this crap ... (As the world turns....)? Jeez- I'd thought someone might talk about the great weekend at SC Island or some such shit.

We had a great spinnaker run home, by the way...

:rolleyes:
Actually, that is "The Young and the Restless".

How about a race report? Great photo!

spddwg

That photo would be none other than the 'Cruz 52 "Prevail" putting the finishing touches on a 1st place effort for the Sat. race over to Pelican's. Saturday's race started as a pretty light air affair all the way to the east channel buoy, then a very comfortable kite ride into Pelican's as the wind picked up slightly during the afternoon. We set up a MAJOR raft with Taxi Dancer and Prevail sandwiching the mother ship (Grand Times), a couple of small power boats hanging off of Grand Times' stern and the J130 sidled up to the outside of Prevail. Needless to say, the party on Sat. night was in true, epic SB style. Sunday's blast home to SB started with gray skies and 8-10 kts. of breeze and finished with gray skies and maybe 10 - 13 kts. of breeze. We followed Sequoia (J145) all the way across with both boats hoisting kites about 5-6 miles outside SB. We were able to nip off Sequoia on corrected time but, unfortunately for us, Bebe (J130) saved their time from behind us and won the overall (out and back) with a slightly better combined time (BTW, excellent effort, CB). I, for one, thought the race concept was a great plan and hope that we continue with this event in the years to come. Great job M. Amery, Jack Byers, et al.

INTER 20

I just heard the news. DC and da doc are pairing up (they are sooo perfect for each other). Their TP 52 is named

"Fatty and the Blow Fish". Look forward to seeing the graphics!

//quote]

If you could change Hate into Heat it would solve the country's energy problems. Stop. This becoming... no... it is psychotic. Those who throw crap are eventually covered in it.

Janer

Super Anarchist
Santa Barbarian
Skian Dhu is rockin' the house with 3 firsts on the first day of Cal Race Week. Bernie's at the regatta also but don't have J/105 results yet. :D

Janer

Super Anarchist
Santa Barbarian
:( Bummer, Sue Senescu has pulled the plug on Transpac this year. Her new Antrim 40, Yipee Kai Yea just cannot get splashed in time. Looks like her first offshore will be SB to King Harbor. Can't wait to see you all here with the new yacht.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts