Santa Barbara Sailing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janer

Super Anarchist
Santa Barbarian
Key West, Hey can you guys keep us informed? grange is probably the only one with the capability and probably more sober than the rest of you, but inquiring minds will want to know..don't forget to email us!

Janer

Super Anarchist
Santa Barbarian
Hey Cruzit, PM me if you want. I can't figure out what young girls would have gotten the Bitchen Chicks t. Anyway, I could let you know when the next limited edition is coming out. Merry Christmas. Who the heck are you?

Dude,Hot Rum Series starts January 6th. By the looks of the San Diego Hot Rum Series, it was a drifter.

Please refer to my notes on sailing conditions here today. Thanks for asking.
A few boats Drifting along durring SDYC Hot Rum #2 :blink: <_< ;)

0602HR3335.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Madmax

Super Anarchist
Santa Barbara
Keep it going Janer.

Larry, keep it coming you freak.

BB-come out of the closet.

Lost Boys, don't get lost in KW and report.

Twisted, classic moment.

As for sailing in SB, here is another nice December day!

Note the shorts.

PS Ullman is driving in this shot and he moved to SB also.

PPS Woody, that must have been the only 18 knot puff SD has seen this winter!

2.jpg

Keep it going Janer.Larry, keep it coming you freak.

BB-come out of the closet.

Lost Boys, don't get lost in KW and report.

Twisted, classic moment.

As for sailing in SB, here is another nice December day!

Note the shorts.

PS Ullman is driving in this shot and he moved to SB also.

PPS Woody, that must have been the only 18 knot puff SD has seen this winter!

A few boats Drifting along in Race #-1 SDYC Hot Rum ;)

0601HR1867.JPG

0601HR1943.JPG

Yes I have like shots from Race #-3 :eek:

And it was WARM ( in the 80's ) B)

SailorPaul

Port Hueneme/Oxnard used to have a pretty decent scene at the Channel Island Yacht Club back when I was there in the early 70's.Looking at Channel Island YC's website I don't see anything posted about racing.Did the racing dry up down there or what?

The larger CI & Ventura programs are now run by these clubs:

Anacapa Yacht Club

Pierpont Bay Yacht Club

growing program at Pacific Corinthian Yacht Club

Channel Islands YC runs races, but their website is not updated. Ventura YC does thier team thing and some other events.

December photo just before PBYY/AYC start in 34 knots of wind....

AYC_PBYC_start_34_kts.jpg

Billy Bob

New Zealand
While Santa Barbarians are usually full of them selfs there are some wanabies in the Ventura area that wish they could just like you and have pockets filled with Opera money so they too could sail around in 10kts of wind, oil slicked water and thick kelp shorelines. Ventura and Oxnard May not have the money and the fancy boats but it does have the best mexican food, the biggest surf and heaps of hackers to come and kick ass on once a year in the Ventura Cup.

I always thought of Santa Barbara as the first spot to take a piss on the way to frisco. Even though I poke a little fun I do have a coupla good mates that call SB home and yes they are full of themselfs :)

Janer

Super Anarchist
Santa Barbarian
Any small boat sailing in SB? I14s, skiffs?
If not, where do you find I14s in SoCal?
We do have the annual Skiff festival and have I-14's as a class in the Goblin Regatta. Would have to get PeteM to be more specific for you. I know they also have a good turn out at ABYC Turkey Regatta.

Pete M

Super Anarchist
So Cal
In so cal there I14s at SB, Long Beach (ABYC), and SD (SDYC)

The next big I14 so cal event is Midwinters at ABYC mid Feb, then the NOOD in SD in March.

Just missed the I14 worlds in Long Beach this past Sept -use search for more info.

also post in DA, or go here for more info.

www.international14.org

DRDNA

Anarchist
Ventucky
well, as one Ventucky farmer, I wish all the Santa Barbara surfers could surf at home as all their

trust fund autos are jammin' up my parkin' with the John Deere and its trailer with my porta-a-potty.

solosailor

Super Anarchist
San Francisco Bay
Hey, I think it's time for Santa Barbarians to have their own thread. God knows we contribute alot to everyone else's.
God must know because none of us do..... Where would we be without all of the input from those in SB?? Yeah, there are soooo many boats in SB that it needs it's own thread. Let's see.... no Newport thread, no SF Bay Thread. We don't need no more stinking threads !

hEY SOLOSAILOR, WTF. Did Santa bring you a case of the clap for Christmas? Poor little SOLO guy has no one to play with and no gifts except for a leaky dick so he wants to spread his attitude around.

It's like the Dr.L pics, if you don't want to look at it, don't click on it.

JUST GO AWAY

Status
Not open for further replies.