Santa Barbara Sailing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Full Circle from Ventucky:

Here's the news: Tonight is the first of the Wet Wednesday Series for 2007. Chilly North wind of about 6 knots at the moment; expecting 60 boats to be racing. Increasing darkness around 7 pm. Wish you were here.

silent bob

Super Anarchist
New Jersey
Wow! $2,000 for a piece of shit, and $48.000 for a hole in the water that you don't even own. On which, you have to pay property tax. Why are people not buying new boats anymore? Oh yeah, Dark Helmet will probably go after a 10% commish even though he had nothing to do with the deal.

images.jpeg

Janer

Super Anarchist
Santa Barbarian
beware_drunk_people.jpg

First day of Spring and the first Wet Wednesday race was quite glorious. It stopped raining, the sun came out, breeze was light. We sighted the local Grey Whale while leaving the harbor and a dozen or so dolphin during the race. Everyone finished. The hotly contested A Class gave a 1st place to The Dock (J/145) followed by Farr 40 Skian dhu and Taxi Dancer in 3rd place. I don't have the other results except that Thumper was first in Melges 24. As usual the post party at the club was a fun fest. More bartenders needed!

Madmax

Super Anarchist
Santa Barbara
The Dock reigned supreme.

Bummed I missed the first one.

Hopefully I get to race next week.

Some of us work.

PS The J-24 for sale with slip for 50 grand. Blurb Blurb Blurb...........pass the bong.

Last edited by a moderator:

Janer

Super Anarchist
Santa Barbarian
Wondering if any Melges 24 are thinking about doing the Santa Barbara to King Harbor Race. We are already hosting a J/105 Championship regatta the weekend before and would like to add more one design classes. We would take care of storage or slips for the week between the two races.

PS The smiley face on this thread is in honor of Kelly O'Neil Henson who is sailing and kickin some ass in heaven. The smiley face was her logo. Miss you Kel, you were the best.

Madmax

Super Anarchist
Santa Barbara
Rumour mill:

Harteck is getting a Olson 30, to sail powered up vs the little jibs in light air. Will add to the B Fleet.

Short Skirt may turn into a Melges

Alex may bail for a Melges

Sounds like the M 24 class is gonna rock.

ANY OF THIS TRUE?

Last week rode around Lowe's Motor Speedway in a Cop Car at 100 knots.

7262IMG_9538W.jpg

032007_18342.jpg

Wondering if any Melges 24 are thinking about doing the Santa Barbara to King Harbor Race.
Janer,

We're talking about doing King Harbor. Need to find the right crew, wife say's she'd like to stick to the buoys; anyone want a ride?

As for the rumor mill, both of the 105's that Mad Max spoke about would be great teams for the M24! Rumor also has it that a certain someone from Taxi is thinking about picking one up and we all read what DH had to say in this thread...! If all that happens maybe, Dogs and Green Flash will be compelled and we're stilling waiting for the brothers Deardorff to live up to their pledge! It seems that everyone is waiting to see what hits the market after the Worlds in Santa Cruz.

Of course for any Santa Barbara OD class to have a good showing, it must have a good drinking program too. At the J24 Annual Awards Party last night a motion was raised to incorporate the M24's into that group and naming it the SBOD 24's. Since most of the drinkers all share the same sailing problem, in the same size boats, the motion seemed to carry. Next big event, the Crab Boil will be hosted at our place this year; tentatively June 16, 2007, seating is limited to 70 people, with the tradition continuing with the Double Handed the next day.

Anyone wanting to get fired up on some good M24 action footage check out 2005 Volvo Cup in Italy: Not really sure what the euro's were doing with their chutes at the dock in the first sequence...But some of the on the water stuff is great!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2...;q=melges+volvo

Yea, bummer. Wish I spoke Italian so I knew what the hell the guy was saying, but I think the look on his face summed it up. Would've like to have seen the aftermath of that spin halyard blowing and the chute shrimping at full throttle, that should've been interesting, too bad they cut to another scene before the carnage.

thump

Janer

Super Anarchist
Santa Barbarian
Thump,

Thanks for pumping the Melges 24 Class here..looks like it is working great. Do you want to post to One Design anarchy about the pre King Harbor regatta? I am totally up for running the regatta with you guys as a class..if we could get enough for SB to King Harbor you could have your own class there too. That video was smokin' hot.

Looking forward to the Crab Boil, sorry I missed the Annual Trophy Dinner.

Several folks have still asked who the "stud muffin" is. I guess they are too retarded to equate "bunny rabbit" = Thumper. Yikes.

Bunny_Pic.jpg

I am totally up for running the regatta with you guys as a class..if we could get enough for SB to King Harbor you could have your own class there too.
Several folks have still asked who the "stud muffin" is. I guess they are too retarded to equate "bunny rabbit" = Thumper. Yikes.
Janer, if the fence sitters do as claimed we should have enough local boats here to make for a fun class w/ the 105's and for King Harbor. Let's get the boats to town! Of course if three of the 105's are really switching gears the whole dynamics might change.

As far as being recognized, ever since I got into the witness protection program... Yea right, 20 years of hanging out with sailors and drinking rum has had its effect for sure! Wife got in big trouble for sharing that one, but thanks for the public ribbing! Mai Tai soon?

thump

Janer

Super Anarchist
Santa Barbarian
Hey the Anarchists did very well in tonight's Wet Weds. The wind dropped from 25 at 2pm to pretty light by the start, but big swells left over from the blow. Mad Max took first in the J/105 class, Thump with crew of hotties took first in Melges, and we took first (Skien dhu Farr 40) in the A class, short windward leeward twice around. Very fun!

Some shit still flying about an email regarding last weeks Wet Weds. You (being you know who you are)need to be more careful with your accusations. We would love for you to learn the rules and please don't make things up about your competitors. I am sad that you cannot be more honest about your mistakes. Your bs history continues, it would be better if it did not. Get with the program, have fun, be corinthian, strive for respect rather than glory.

Janer

Super Anarchist
Santa Barbarian
Janer, if the fence sitters do as claimed we should have enough local boats here to make for a fun class w/ the 105's and for King Harbor. Let's get the boats to town! Of course if three of the 105's are really switching gears the whole dynamics might change.
As far as being recognized, ever since I got into the witness protection program... Yea right, 20 years of hanging out with sailors and drinking rum has had its effect for sure! Wife got in big trouble for sharing that one, but thanks for the public ribbing! Mai Tai soon?

thump
Just name the time pal. Tell your lovely wife to put April 30 on the calendar for a girl's practice on the Farr 40. xxx Love you no shit. Can I look at your chest some time? No camera's I promise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts