Santa Barbara Sailing

Status
Not open for further replies.
NOTICE OF RACE:

Put on your calendars the 20th Annual Cinco De Mayo Regatta hosted by the Santa Barbara Sailing Club May 5th-6th, always a great event!

http://www.sailsbsc.org/

SBSC_Cinco_007.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Janer

Super Anarchist
Santa Barbarian
Hmm,

Hadn't thought about that Max. Good point, so to speak. Could be interesting. Wonder if Thump had that in mind or was it accidental?

DoRag

Super Anarchist
Wondering if any Melges 24 are thinking about doing the Santa Barbara to King Harbor Race. We are already hosting a J/105 Championship regatta the weekend before and would like to add more one design classes. We would take care of storage or slips for the week between the two races.
PS The smiley face on this thread is in honor of Kelly O'Neil Henson who is sailing and kickin some ass in heaven. The smiley face was her logo. Miss you Kel, you were the best.
A J105 Championship Regatta? Do you mean a High Point that noone goes to?

WTF?

Janer

Super Anarchist
Santa Barbarian
A J105 Championship Regatta? Do you mean a High Point that noone goes to?
WTF?
DoRag,

I guess you do like to rag. Yes it is a high point regatta on this year's schedule. Last year we had 13 of the J/105's. A great regatta followed by a beach party, reggae band and lots of Mai Tai's,best party of the year. Sun and wind. Were you there? That's why we got picked to host it again. Free dockage for those boats who want to do the SB to King Harbor Race the next weekend. This year we've got some rum girls giving out free shots, and Lisa doing her famous Mai Tai's on the beach. The Trophies are made by a local J/105 owner, half hulls for the first 3 places. Yeah, we love hosting it, it's a great group of sailors.

DoRag

Super Anarchist
DoRag,I guess you do like to rag. Yes it is a high point regatta on this year's schedule. Last year we had 13 of the J/105's. A great regatta followed by a beach party, reggae band and lots of Mai Tai's,best party of the year. Sun and wind. Were you there? That's why we got picked to host it again. Free dockage for those boats who want to do the SB to King Harbor Race the next weekend. This year we've got some rum girls giving out free shots, and Lisa doing her famous Mai Tai's on the beach. The Trophies are made by a local J/105 owner, half hulls for the first 3 places. Yeah, we love hosting it, it's a great group of sailors.

My, but you do go on.

So, then, it's not a "J105 Championship Regatta" is it?

The J105 Championship regatta is in Annapolis this year.

Not Santa Barbara.

And you didn't "get picked to host it." Did you?

Janer

Super Anarchist
Santa Barbarian
Whoa, this is kind of a shot in the dark. I don't think I ever inferred that it was a National Championship, it's a Fleet Championship Series. Please join us at the beach luau! We are working on turning it into a bigger one design weekend with Melges 24 and Farr 40's.

And you didn't "get picked to host it." Did you?

DoRag,

You know that seagulls are equated to flying rats.

That's kinda like you.

I see your disparaging dumb ass comments all over SA.

You're just like a flying rat, zooming around inside SA and

shitting everywhere. It's boring.

Janer

Super Anarchist
Santa Barbarian
Wet Wednesday Report:

With a nice long 7 mile course Taxi Dancer was able to stretch her legs a bit and leave the rest of us in the dust. Skian Dhu, Farr 40 took second place. Harteck (Repeat Offender) handily won the J/105 Class; 3 Big Dogs got first in the J/24 Class and

Kent Pierce (Average White Melons) won the Melges 24 Class. Rush Street (J/29) won in PHRF B and Misbehavin took PHRF C. CHRF fleet was won by Sea Note with Liz's Diamond in second. Several fender benders in that class! Licking wounds was pretty easy at the club with Bacardi girls handing out some free shots. Some sailors were interested mostly in the clevage shots.

Party on.

spock.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.