Santa Barbara Sailing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy Bob

New Zealand
Without John Deer we would need a lot more field laborers. I just don't think we can plow up another field and put in any more low income housing. Hey I hear Santa Barbara needs more low income housing can you help out? John Deer a bag of old Beachnut chew and a barnyard full of shit what more could a Ventura sailor ask for as a lifestyle?

solosailor

Super Anarchist
San Francisco Bay
hEY SOLOSAILOR, WTF. Did Santa bring you a case of the clap for Christmas? Poor little SOLO guy has no one to play with and no gifts except for a leaky dick so he wants to spread his attitude around.
I was told your wife was clean so the clap was a surprise to me as well. I have plenty of others to play with even with my leaky dick, nice try.
It's like the Dr.L pics, if you don't want to look at it, don't click on it. JUST GO AWAY
Wow, you've got a hole 9 days as a member of this forum and your telling me to go away? Have you contributed years to this board? I know, why don't you go away..... this is sailing anarchy biaaaatch. Have a nice day.

Janer

Super Anarchist
Santa Barbarian
On another note, to all the SA folks hope all your Christmas wishes came true and all us SB guys are wishing for Peace and good sailing in the new year.

Ball Breaker

Yes the Farr is going to the new Farr 40 masthead class configuration. Longer pole and bigger chute probably = -12 seconds. Should be more fun to sail!!!

Janer

Super Anarchist
Santa Barbarian
MAN IT IS HOOTING! There is shit blowing past my office window like giant palm fronds etc. I've only seen 33 knots at the harbor but Ventura is showing 36-46. I don't see any kite boarders out.

boomer

Super Anarchist
PNW
Well you wouldn't need much for those light wind to zephyr days.

canned_air_1.jpg

canned_air_3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Janer

Super Anarchist
Santa Barbarian
Yeah, it is basically non-race boats that want to race, big, heavy, under canvased and usually poorly sailed and a danger to others. But it's hard to condemn anyone who loves being on the water even if it is on a 4 knot giddee-up. So on Wednesdays they have a start 10 minutes before the PHRF A Class and they always do a triangular course while the rest of us do W/L, so it keeps them away from us a bit. They have their own rating system which pretty much remains a mystery to all...something to do with smoke and mirrors I think.

hugob

GdaY SB,

Its nice to see some SantaBarabarians around. I lived in SB for 10 years and miss hanging down the Stearns Wharf and a with a few beers.

Cheers from Down Under

Gatherer

Ventura
I have just added a Melges 24 class to the Midwinter Regatta February 17 & 18. So we will have them, J/24's and J/105'sCheers
Will you be allowing Ventura boats up there???

We've been using a lot of fuel for the wind machines (it's been cold...) lately and need to know if we should save some diesel to hook up the John Deere and tow the yacht up to fantasyland.

Let's see, if I remember right, the drill goes- Committe boat start, turn right, head for the beach, layline, one zero jibe run, and repeat...

Please let me know if we've got it wrong- we've been spraying a lot of pesticides down here, it's been windy, and thiiiiiings doooon''''t seeeeeem tooooo cleeeear write now

Janer

Super Anarchist
Santa Barbarian
Sure..we'd be happy to have some Ventucky hicks come and play with us in SB. Shit howdy, I'll buy every boat from Ventucky who comes to Midwinters a pitcher of beer. Bring your own pork rinds.

knuckles

Super Anarchist
Keyboard
Let's see, if I remember right, the drill goes- Committe boat start, turn right, head for the beach, layline, one zero jibe run, and repeat...
It's two jibes, or a jibe set and one jibe, all followed by a floater/Mexican takedown at the bottom. Like the locals say, it's the closest you can get to dirt track racing on the water.

Gatherer

Ventura
It's two jibes, or a jibe set and one jibe, all followed by a floater/Mexican takedown at the bottom. Like the locals say, it's the closest you can get to dirt track racing on the water.
Yabsoloutly ff-ng right- Jibe-set fershure. We'll bring our own dirt; that with the local oil should make for sum niice trackshun.

Status
Not open for further replies.