Santa Barbara Sailing

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRDNA

Anarchist
Ventucky
If'n y'all will open the gate at SBYC before 10am(known as "dawn" to Santa Barbarans), I kin get my tractor in there and cook up some sweet pertater pies with some foil wrapped around the diesel fer the locals. We kin also pervide tractor pull racin' on the beach. I'll bring a real gun to start the races with off'n the deck and we kin get a mess o' Canadian geese. Failin' the goose huntin, I'll bring a mess o' squirrel up fer some stew. My girl'll be in attendance so i need an extra small T shirt with 4 leg holes- preferably wool like she's covered in!!!

Gawd, this event sounds great. Tractor pull on the beach, Im up for that. I need a t-shirt too, but xL, same deal four holes, my significant other is a hefer. Yippee aooooo.

PS how about a cow pie throw competition?

DRDNA

Anarchist
Ventucky
them polite trust funders in S.B. call a cow pie a "field frisbee", or they're called a "hiker's hazard". I call a cow pie

that's dry a log fer my fireplace, or "briquets" fer my bar-b-que. I'm thinkin' of bringin my Caterpillar D8 instead of

my tractor as it's kinda formal at SBYC.

cjsaila222

Anarchist
Santa Brunta
Any small boat sailing in SB? I14s, skiffs?
If not, where do you find I14s in SoCal?
theres normally a decent i-14 and 29er (29er fleet nearing 20 boats in SB regattas) fleet in our regattas. in the spring fall and summer series there are normally around 15 lasers (full and radial combined) and at our winter clinic last year we had 40+ lasers, mostly local. also theres a few 49ers in SB that dont practice very often.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any news on a rating change for "The Doc"? The boat manager said it was in a yard in Long Beach (for weeks) having "secret stuff" done. How do we know what the secret stuff was? Shit howdy

J.A.G.

BB, you're getting testy about the new ride. Relax. Today's winner is tomorrow's PHRF correction. That's why PHRF sucks.

OceanBien

Super Anarchist
Is that wind normal there?

I always thought that Dago was generally light.

That's why Dago's do fairly well on the Chesapeake and LIS.

How often does it rain?

I've only been there once.

Madmax

Super Anarchist
Santa Barbara
Ask me. My rating got hit 12 seconds for one race victory.

J145....It won't matter anyways, word is a TP52 is coming to town.

Pete....ONE DESIGN.

Last edited by a moderator:

Janer

Super Anarchist
Santa Barbarian
Sacred Wooden One,

You must look into the future to invision those shots. The First Hot Rum is this Saturday, then on January 20th and February 6th.

Two races each day followed by FREE rum and pasta afterwards. Dig it.

Status
Not open for further replies.