Santa Barbara Sailing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madmax

Super Anarchist
Santa Barbara
I want a lesson.....

Actually I think I already learned it,

Buy a boat that rates well and go race PHRF.

Collect some hardware and when the rating changes....sell.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pete M

Super Anarchist
So Cal
I want a lesson.....
Actually I think I already learned it,

Buy a boat that rates well and go race PHRF.

Collect some hardware and when the rating changes....sell
Ah.... the DC rule of PHRF racing

bin done b4 ya know

Janer

Super Anarchist
Santa Barbarian
Dark helmet, HA as well

I would predict that this deal will impode before it ever happens.

Interesting that there were no crew drinks for the black team today. You have to wear those outfits, and then lose and the RO justs splits the scene. Thats the corinthian thing to do. Poor looser. Her behavior continues....

Pete M

Super Anarchist
So Cal
so what did happen yesterday?
sunny day – started light, built to 11 kts just before the start. Reverse handicap start – the Dr’s boat started last, 30 min after the first starter. Kinda cool air, was in shorts and almost put on a jacket. Twice around course. Wind was shifting 20 deg. And the wind got progressively lighter – the Farr 40 & the good Dr. got stuck for many minutes at the top mark, glassed off with the speedo showing zeros. The wind then started shifting back and forth 180 deg but stayed very light. The M32 got around first and finished first at the shortened finish on the first lap. The Farr got 2nd, the Dr got 5th. It got really glassy and the later boats were on the course an hour plus more. -Racing in CA in the winter – the day before it was 30 kts.

Janer

Super Anarchist
Santa Barbarian
Hello, Duh?!
BIG YELLOW BUS!? Do I have to spell it out? T A X I ? !

Go smoke another blunt with the Dark Helmet and Pete M!

Bobbo
Taxi is on the market for $575,000. I don't really see it happening. What, get a bunch of high roller exdriver/owners together and do a syndicate and then they can all stand at the back of the boat, yell at crew and argue amongst themselves? But it is easier to accept fordeck mistakes when you don't have anyone to do foredeck. Heck they should get Laura in there too. No guns allowed on board, someone could get hurt.

Madmax

Super Anarchist
Santa Barbara
Taxi is on the market for $575,000. I don't really see it happening. What, get a bunch of high roller exdriver/owners together and do a syndicate and then they can all stand at the back of the boat, yell at crew and argue amongst themselves? But it is easier to accept fordeck mistakes when you don't have anyone to do foredeck. Heck they should get Laura in there too. No guns allowed on board, someone could get hurt.

Uuuuuuuuuhhhhh whut?

Wood,You should come up and cover SB regatta's with your mean carboat.
In less time

than it would take me

to get to SB on my Harley

I can shoot a Dago Race

And be enjoying the diggs of Fiddlers

Without leaving home !!!

when I started doing this I was the first and only

Fool who would go out and make everyne a Star

and post all the photos for free !!!!!!!!!!!

And now I aint going that far for nothing ;)

What I do is out of Love for the Sport !

Come to San Diego and I'll make you a Star too !

I aint beliving that between SD and SB

you can't find a photog to shoot your races B)

I would like to see what you guys are up to :unsure:

Why don't you make it happen ?????????????????

Janer

Super Anarchist
Santa Barbarian
I am hoping that some of the SB teams going to KWRW will post some news here next week! I am especially hoping that it will be good news.

Go for the gold.

Madmax

Super Anarchist
Santa Barbara
Lounge Lizards!

B 4 KW.

Lounge_Act.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Janer

Super Anarchist
Santa Barbarian
Wow... here's a surprise upset:

Mark Noble and Doug Deaver beat out the past winners Kent Pierce and Eric Stokke and two other teams in the Centennial Cup with almost a clean sweep. Dr. L and crew were no shows.

Janer

Super Anarchist
Santa Barbarian
My Bad. All previous posts regarding the Taxi deal..I was wrong. It does appear that the boat will come back to SB. I loved crewing on the yellow sled for 5 years and we won lots of stuff from PV to SF. It just seems ironic that the new owner was the one who loved to hate Taxi. It's sorta as if the New Zealand AC team buys DC's Stars & Stripes. Well, on a much smaller level.. of course, we're just the little town/harbor of Santa Barbara. I suppose he will paint it red. Bummer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts