Santa Barbara Sailing

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Bad. All previous posts regarding the Taxi deal..I was wrong. It does appear that the boat will come back to SB. I loved crewing on the yellow sled for 5 years and we won lots of stuff from PV to SF. It just seems ironic that the new owner was the one who loved to hate Taxi. It's sorta as if the New Zealand AC team buys DC's Stars & Stripes. Well, on a much smaller level.. of course, we're just the little town/harbor of Santa Barbara. I suppose he will paint it red. Bummer
WTF. Please don't let him paint it red. It is sad enough if he is the new owner.

Janer

Super Anarchist
Santa Barbarian
Maybe it's in his name cause he owns the slip and they will let him do runners.

Jeez, now The L will have to get a bigger boat.

Janer

Super Anarchist
Santa Barbarian
And the final number is $500,000!!

Sold to the guy in the leather cap.

As I recall, Don and RP paid $200,000 for her back when...but then again that was a suitcase full of cash.

Janer

Super Anarchist
Santa Barbarian
Wash is doing a great job reporting on KWRW. First race is already done and Santa Barbara teams doing fairly well. John Demourkas excellent third place finish in Farr 40, Deneen 6th in the Mumms and Lounge Act a little deep in the tough Melges 24 class with 31st. Check the Wash thread for up to the minute results and pics.

Madmax

Super Anarchist
Santa Barbara
No yeller boat is coming here.

It is a TP 52 dammit.

Go Johnnie D!

KW06_0139timwilkes.jpg

Janer

Super Anarchist
Santa Barbarian
Hey Max..

you be wrong. Yellow boat should be here in the next few weeks. I wish it was a TP 52, but no its the 70 foot fast & beautiful banana. I am personally counting on Old Yeller to take out The Doc on Wednesday nights, so we can get some clean air on the Farr 40. Heh Heh.

Janer

Super Anarchist
Santa Barbarian
Key West Race Week is now in day 3 and conditions have not been great so far, pretty lumpy and light. Then again it is 80 degrees and the parties are great. The four Santa Barbara Yacht Club teams have had their ups and downs and are presently hovering in the middle somewhere:

John Demourkas (Farr 40) 7th overall out of 17 with finishes: 3,4,16,8,4,17

Deneen Demourkas (Mumm 30) 6th overall out of 10 boats with finishes: 6,2,3,5,9,5

Loren Colahan & Lounge Act (Melges 24) 29th of 47 boats with finishes: 31,36,27,20,20,23

Bernie Girod (J 105) 14th of 33 boats with finishes of 18,31,3,16,20,10

They have three races left to do and one throwout available.

Janer

Super Anarchist
Santa Barbarian
Correction: Regarding our teams in Key West, the Farr 40, J/105 and Mumm 30 classes do not have a throw out. They are all placed about mid fleet after 7 of 9 races. Johnny D had some stellar finishes, and then a couple of hind tit. Bummer.

Sharon Green emailed me that she might come home early since the conditions are not creating bitchen photo ops.

Congrats to Kenny & Krista Kieding on the birth of little Carly on January 8th. Best wishes!

Janer,

Thanks for the Key West updates, too bad the SB folks did not do better. I think you guys had more boats from SBYC than any other club on the West Coast. The Lounge Act notes from JAG were interesting. Nice that he took the time to do that. Shit howdy it was great to see (imagine) the whole experience thru the SA. Better luck next year. Maybe I can go next year and kick some ass and do some emails too, if anyone wants my fat ass on the rail. thanks

Janer

Super Anarchist
Santa Barbarian
Max,

You are persistent and pesky like a mosquito with West Nile Virus. I think we should take this conversation to the YC bar tomorrow after the race. Whoever comes out on top BUYS. I know you can afford it since you didn't have to cough up on the Lucky's bet!

Love you no shit,

Janer

Status
Not open for further replies.