Santa Barbara Sailing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madmax

Super Anarchist
Santa Barbara
Ah yes.....Bus......Drunk.....Yabsley.....Taxi......Sled......hangover......it's all becoming clear.

Sounds like a new FUN program!

Windquest1.jpg

Hey Janer,

Has the planned changed on the sailing today? If it's tomorrow, I'd be up for it. Like to see that big new kite! I could grab pics then.

Thump

Last edited by a moderator:

Janer

Super Anarchist
Santa Barbarian
Yes, we postponed until tomorrow. Outlook looks shitty though i will call you. I heard that the Taxi delivery was just like the old days. drunk boys & girls, I ran into the Lonely Boys before the Commodores Ball..they were still drunk, gotta love them. Nice shot behind the bar of Rio, probably will soon be replaced by a Taxi shot

f and l

Let's see, New dress, $200.00. Ticket to the Commodores ball, $130.00. Cab ride home, $40.00.

Seeing the Lonely Boys after a rainy day of drinking at the club, priceless.

Janer

Super Anarchist
Santa Barbarian
The deal was done on the Melges 32 today. So according to statistics Parker and Yabsley had

competed more deals in one week than 99% of the yacht brokers in California. So resuffle the deck on

racing in SB. So any ideas on how Laura will play her cards?

Janer

Super Anarchist
Santa Barbarian
Let's see, New dress, $200.00. Ticket to the Commodores ball, $130.00. Cab ride home, $40.00.Seeing the Lonely Boys after a rainy day of drinking at the club, priceless.
Dear Fear,

I was surprised that you sobered up enough to write such a clever ditty. You were very close,

new dress: $238.00, Commodores Ball: $115.00. However, it was so boring I left early, thereby saving

$40.00 cab fare. That's a gals way of thinking that she saved money.

Seeing the Lonely Boys, aka Lost Boys, aka Lounge Act is always priceless.

SMOOCH.

J.A.G.

I saw this in the Newspress today--

SANTA BARBARA SAILOR TEMP AGENCY AWARDED BUSINESS PERMIT

We are proud to announce the opening of the SB Sailing Temp Agency. All the new boats in town and the resulting struggle for crew has become too much for market forces! Starting Wednesday after daylight savings, SBSTA will offer services to make sure everyone can get on the race course. Boat owners short of crew will now have the option of requesting crew from one of our three levels--

BACK OF BOAT BARKER-- This sailor comes with two years of sailing experience and strong vocal cords. He/she will be appropriate for any position aft of the traveller, including holding backstay upright, spotting kelp on rudder, shouting at boats within 'tiller towards trouble zone' or yelling at helmsman to tack in avoidance of sand For an extra charge, BOBB will bring their own beer and not begin consumption until after the start.

ROPE CLUTCH-- This sailor comes with 6 months experience of crossing to the high side and a new set of Harken Black Magic sailing gloves. He/she will be appropriate for any position between the mast and traveller. Services vary from human rope clutches, makers of tangled spagetti lines and winch handle projectors. For an extra charge RC will bring own sharpie and will draw arrows on deck around winch drum.

DROPPED AS A BABY-- This sailor comes with vast sailing experience and due to childhood issues, are appropriate for working forward of the mast. He/she is able to attach random shackles to various corners of the spinnaker and feed copious amounts of sail material into the luff prefeeder. For NO extra charge, DAAB will tell BOBB where they should be going and why it isn't their fault the kite is streaming behind the boat.

Payment for services shall be made in the form of contributions to the SBSTA owners bar tab. Please call for requests or if you wish to work for the SBSTA.

J.A.G.

Hey Thump, I also heard Mr. Ullman is likely to keep his Melges in Santa Barbara after the Worlds. Now there's an influential fleet builder!

J.A.G.

Is there a form to fill out for the SBSTA? We're offering a full-time position with benefits for the right candidate. He/she must be able to handle pressure, be good spirited, possess the necessary rum drinking skills and the ability to beat loudly on tables, preferably without breaking china.

Hadn’t heard about Ullmans boat. Is it going to take up space and collect dust or is it planning on being raced locally?

thump

Last edited by a moderator:
yo ho ho...

Twenty-nine bottles of beer on the wall,

Twenty-nine bottles of beer!

Take one down,

Pass it around,

Twenty-eight bottles of beer on the wall!

Thanks BB was wondering how many times I was going to have to visit that stupid never ending story thread...

thump

I have several possible entrants for Back of the Boat Barker that I need to submit.

Also one for Really Bad Boat Manager, was that in there? How much does it pay? Is

there sex involved with any of these jobs?

Janer

Super Anarchist
Santa Barbarian
Hadn’t heard about Ullmans boat. Is it going to take up space and collect dust or is it planning on being raced locally?

thump

I am wondering the same thing about the Samba TP 52 being here in SB. Chris claims they will go out and race while

they are here. What, splash a 52 to do the Spring Series? Kinda doubt it, but it would be fun to see them out with

Taxi, two big boats go at it in a small boat regatta. By the way Taxi looks absolutely stunning, that guy took good

care of the girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.