Santa Cruz 50

I sas working on my boat this weekend and noticed that hiding behind a building was what looked like a Santa Cruz 50, named Kokopeli.

I would have taken a pic, but its wrapped up tight so whats the point. The boat came down the Erie Canal from Albany is the only thing the yard crew could tell me.

Just being curious and wondering if the wonderful world of SA could shed some light?

Daimond

Super Anarchist
SF Bay Area
I sas working on my boat this weekend and noticed that hiding behind a building was what looked like a Santa Cruz 50, named Kokopeli.

I would have taken a pic, but its wrapped up tight so whats the point. The boat came down the Erie Canal from Albany is the only thing the yard crew could tell me.

Just being curious and wondering if the wonderful world of SA could shed some light?

She was on the hard at Svends couple of weeks ago. Maybe she got wrapped and trucked out,

I know fuk-all about SC 50's, except for the orange hulled one over on our side named Another Girl. During the '07 Ha Ha I know they hit 17k's shooting downhill along Baja. Met up with them in Bahia Tortugas later, where the owner was dingying around saying Hi to all of us and tossing candy in our boats. Great guys, the lot of them, and they really enjoyed that boat.......

(p.s.---they also did this months Ha Ha as well-----just saw 'em in S/J del Cabo the other day. Said they had a fricken blast when they neared the Arches and the wind was in the high 20's)

sledracr

Super Anarchist
PNW, ex-SoCal
Was it a 50 or 52? I know Kokopelli out of Alameda has been up forsale for awhile, but it is a 52. Maybe it has been sold and gone back east.

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1992/Santa-Cruz-Sc-52-Custom-2243871/Alameda/CA/United-States
Its easy to tell the difference. The 52 has two extra molded in beer holders.
LMAO. It is easy to tell the difference - they are completely different designs. There's barely a family resemblance.

chris3dl

Always thought the SC50 would be the ideal Great Lakes cruiser. (Anybody remember Clark Kent?)

KII IS the ol' Clark Kent ;)

AND it's a 52!
Might be wrong here but the first SC that was Clark Kent was a 50. (The windows in back had the horned rimmed glasses around them.) The 52 came after, somewhere around '94 -'95. Don't get Lani's SC52 Kokopelli mixed up with the 50 of the same name. (BTW - Lani may have bought the 52 from the Chicago guys so your statement could also be true)

Last edited by a moderator:

chris3dl

NoStrings

Super Anarchist
Richmond, CA
ULDBGuy said:
She was on the hard at Svends couple of weeks ago. Maybe she got wrapped and trucked out,
Graveyard Smash, that Koko at Svend's was the 52.

P.S. - If you found a very wet beach towel draped over your dock box recently, I'll retrieve it from you the next time I'm down there. Sorry about that.
And K2 isn't exactly a stock SC52. Electric winches, way deep strut and bulb keel, 10' taller mast, bowspirit...

chris3dl

ULDBGuy said:

P.S. - If you found a very wet beach towel draped over your dock box recently, I'll retrieve it from you the next time I'm down there. Sorry about that.
And K2 isn't exactly a stock SC52. Electric winches, way deep strut and bulb keel, 10' taller mast, bowspirit...
Granted, but there were so many options in the end that there was hardly a stock 52 anywhere.

KennyB

Always thought the SC50 would be the ideal Great Lakes cruiser. (Anybody remember Clark Kent?)

KII IS the ol' Clark Kent ;)

AND it's a 52!
Might be wrong here but the first SC that was Clark Kent was a 50. (The windows in back had the horned rimmed glasses around them.) The 52 came after, somewhere around '94 -'95. Don't get Lani's SC52 Kokopelli mixed up with the 50 of the same name. (BTW - Lani may did buy the 52 from the Chicago guys so your statement could also be is true)

KennyB

ULDBGuy said:

Granted, but there were so many options in the end that there was hardly a stock 52 anywhere.
K2 was modified after she dropped her rig on a delivery. THAT is a story unto itself:blink:

saboteer

ULDBGuy said:

K2 was modified after she dropped her rig on a delivery. THAT is a story unto itself:blink:
Do tell KennyB

Daimond

Super Anarchist
SF Bay Area
ULDBGuy said:

Been washed, dried and fluffed.

Heard about your little boat bump :(