Santa Cruz 50

Daimond

Super Anarchist
SF Bay Area
ULDBGuy said:
She was on the hard at Svends couple of weeks ago. Maybe she got wrapped and trucked out,
Graveyard Smash, that Koko at Svend's was the 52.

P.S. - If you found a very wet beach towel draped over your dock box recently, I'll retrieve it from you the next time I'm down there. Sorry about that.

Its been washed dried and fluffed.

Sorry to hear about your little boat bump :(

Is it a Santa Cruz 40? There was a Santa Cruz 40 that did the around long island regatta, named kokopelli.

You are probably right. The boat is shrink wrapped down to the waterline. The only thing I could see was the name through the white shrink wrap. Boat has a deep fin w/shoe and deep/skinny rudder. The rig is black and has a harken furler on it.

Humm interesting... Just to add fuel to the fire the new owner of Santa Cruz has big pans on doing up the 52 again
I race on both the 50's and 52's-completely different boat as someone pointed out, both fun in their own unique way, dollar for dollar though the 50's are a fantastic boat for offshore. And the 52's do have more beerholders-bigger crew :p

The 50 molds are reportedly around too, might as well bring them both back.

Last edited by a moderator:

Great Red Shark

Super Anarchist
Honolulu
Boy, taking a look at Horizion after winning Pac Cup this summer gives a pretty good idea what a brand-new, all mods integrated SC50 looks like.

And that's pretty freakin'sweet - I KNOW it's not as fast as a TP52, but I still prefer the old-school SC.

SamsDad

SF Bayaria
Did bow on one in SF Bay in the early 90's. Actually out of the Bay is more accurate as we mostly did ocean races. Still one of my favorite boats. Would love to have one. Hula Girl just went to JWorld didn't it?

Boy, taking a look at Horizion after winning Pac Cup this summer gives a pretty good idea what a brand-new, all mods integrated SC50 looks like.

And that's pretty freakin'sweet - I KNOW it's not as fast as a TP52, but I still prefer the old-school SC.
tough to be it dollar for dollar, not sure what else compares for under $200k.

saboteer

Not only does she look like 1m bucks, but she sails like it too. It was great to steer her during Pac Cup this year and feel completely in control in all the situations we had. It's also fun to stand in the scoop doing 15kts+ taking a shower, total roller coaster feeling.