Save the USPS !!

Blue Crab

benthivore
Outer Banks
He's an okay guy, I like some of his lefty politics, but I agree that "Reich" should refer to a specific historical nightmare, and should not be watered down with the liberal application on anyone who is deemed sufficiently unlike us.

Real American fought and died to keep the real Reich from coming here. That means something unarguable and specific.
Yep and a genuinely ok guy would get that. To think of how often he's used that language in undergrad classes just pisses me off. It's Unamerican to foment dissension. And a firing offense for an educator. The downvote is a small thing. The least I can do.

And I confess I know nothing of the Antifa, nor am I interested. If they're as bad as the Rs, shoot them all. Prison wouldn't be rehabilitating for them; why waste the money?

AJ Oliver

Super Anarchist
Sandusky Sailing Club
Real Americans fought and died to keep the real Reich from coming here. That means something unarguable and specific. 
So awright, can you give me a better term to describe those who 

cheerfully withhold food from children, or support the ones that do ? 

(or health care, or . . .) ? 

I'm just getting started y'all 

mikewof

mikewof
So awright, can you give me a better term to describe those who 

cheerfully withhold food from children, or support the ones that do ? 

(or health care, or . . .) ? 

I'm just getting started y'all 
It's called "politics."

I used to work with some Fundamentalist Christians who were big G.W supporters, I suspect they would be Trump supporters today. But they got off their asses every summer and traveled with their church to places like Ghana, Uganda, Ivory Coast, partly to spread their gospel ... but they also had this pretty neat method where they shoved their two suitcases full of various lifesaving equipment, everything from plumbing valves and pumps to build wells, to medical supplies. Their carry-on bag was for their personal stuff. They traveled light. In one case, one family took the wrong malaria medicine with them and couldn't get the good stuff in Uganda and they lost their young daughter over there.

There were people that you essentially equate with Nazis, and yet their life's work was helping those who needed their help.

On the other hand, I knew a right cunt who was more lefty than I was, and he used every opportunity he could to insult those who didn't align with him. He did a whole lot of nothing with his life but talked a good game. I'll bet that if we confronted with a starving child in Haiti that he would help the child. But he didn't make any kind of effort to find himself in that position.

So what's the point of using any term to describe any of them? Why not just accept that some fundamentally different people than you may have your same ideals?

DustyDreamer

Anarchist
There were people that you essentially equate with Nazis, and yet their life's work was helping those who needed their help.
Oh sure. The "christians" decide who needs helping and go and impose their "help" on them. In exchange all you have to do is say you love the geebus and agree to give up a good chunk of your local culture and history so you can be "saved". This it he oldest con in the book. ISIS & the Taliban do this too.

Want a plumbing upgrade? Bow down before your new god!

It's disgusting. 

AJ Oliver

Super Anarchist
Sandusky Sailing Club
And you figure the Rs here fit that because: 
denying food to children . . . 

Of course R's do that, and have for a long time; in addition to making food aid as burdensome and complicated as they are able. 

For health care it is even clearer . . "The number of children in the United States without health insurance jumped to 3.9 million in 2017 from about 3.6 million the year before, according to census data." 

And if you support that, or are silent about your party's machinations, you are partly responsible. 

Of course there are also some Dems that are also callous in this respect, and I have no problem calling them 

Reichistas either  

https://www.theatlantic.com/family/archive/2019/12/trump-snap-food-stamps-cuts/603367/

Mr Crab - you should know this; I don't appreciate having to do your homework for you. 

Last edited by a moderator:

AJ Oliver

Super Anarchist
Sandusky Sailing Club
BravoBravo said:
everyone gets treated with or without health insurance
Complete and total bull-pucky. 

People with zero or craptastic health care seek treatment only when they are at death's door, 

which actually raises costs for all of us. 

The Reich won't even fess up to their own inhumanity. 

Shame on ya. 

mikewof

mikewof
Oh sure. The "christians" decide who needs helping and go and impose their "help" on them. In exchange all you have to do is say you love the geebus and agree to give up a good chunk of your local culture and history so you can be "saved". This it he oldest con in the book. ISIS & the Taliban do this too.

Want a plumbing upgrade? Bow down before your new god!

It's disgusting. 
It's true for some of them, that missionary work was the most important. Some of them were basically Quakers, didn't even talk about religion that much.

But you're mistaken about a "plumbing upgrade." It was often just the most basic installs they could manage. Hand-dug wells, really simple chlorine treatment, septic. Basic clinic setup. 

They do help a lot of people, religion or not.

mikewof

mikewof
That's a fuckin' lie

- DSK
It's not a lie. Every state has at least some laws that require treatment, regardless.

Of course, that care may be substandard and leave you in a homeless body bag when you could have been on your feet with some effective care, but you'll get at least a look and maybe a blood pressure cuff.

AJ Oliver

Super Anarchist
Sandusky Sailing Club
It's not a lie. Every state has at least some laws that require treatment, regardless.
I guess you are unfamiliar with patient dumping. 

Again, I'm doing your homework for you . .  Grrrrrr 

https://www.healthcaredive.com/news/patient-dumping-symptom-of-health-system-woes/516018/

By the early 1980s, only 22 states had passed anti-dumping statutes. It was later reported by lawyer Thomas L. Stricker in 1992 that during that time, hospitals across the country denied medical care to a quarter million patients annually because they were either uninsured or couldn't afford payments.

Last edited by a moderator:

AJ Oliver

Super Anarchist
Sandusky Sailing Club