Say goodbye to the Flying Tiger forum

left hook

Super Anarchist
Not to beat a dead horse (ok a little) but I just finished a 160 mile coastal race where a tiger had to pull out because the gudgeon was pulling off of the hull.

It was probably a very fun and sexy ride up until then but that seems unsafe to me.

ctdriver

Anarchist
Not to beat a dead horse (ok a little) but I just finished a 160 mile coastal race where a tiger had to pull out because the gudgeon was pulling off of the hull.

It was probably a very fun and sexy ride up until then but that seems unsafe to me.
Just when people thought he might be growing up, here he goes spouting unintelligent drivel.

Wes, did you check every thru bolt in your sponsors boat before the race? No. It could have just as easily been you pulling up short to Marathon.

Swans, J-boats, Columbia's, everyone that sails in the real world has failures that they'd rather not. Everyone except douches in college ridding on other people's coat tails.

cmus

earth
fugly.jpg fugly.jpg

Just when people thought he might be growing up, here he goes spouting unintelligent drivel.

Wes, did you check every thru bolt in your sponsors boat before the race? No. It could have just as easily been you pulling up short to Marathon.

Swans, J-boats, Columbia's, everyone that sails in the real world has failures that they'd rather not. Everyone except douches in college ridding on other people's coat tails.
fugly.jpg fugly.jpg

A picture is worth a thousand words and in the one attached exponentialy more.

Apparently the bovine is best that the greenhorn could score for what he claims to be his initiation in the Mile High Club.

All of the passangers on the plane and in the airports must have been impressed by the crew shirt that Mr. Fugly wore.

Last edited by a moderator:

SA Lurker

Anarchist
Poor form, cmus.

While LH may make little effort to conceal his identity, it does not give you license to impugn the character of the young woman (Post #190).

You, sir, are no gentleman.

cmus

earth
Poor form, cmus.

While LH may make little effort to conceal his identity, it does not give you license to impugn the character of the young woman (Post #190).

If you are so concerned, have a cow (pun intended) with Mr. Fugly who is the one that "impugn(ed) the character of the young woman" and posted photographs to prove it..

Here is what he said in his original post:

" I wanted photographic evidence of the freak show I got to witness. The one with the dog let it run around on the plane, told us all about her 20 plastic surgeries and got blotto'd on vodka from the drink cart. The troll showed me almost all of her tattoos and offered me a chance to join the mile high club."

Post #37:

http://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index.php?showtopic=154221#entry4451737

Next time you may want to keep quiet and be thought a fool rather than post your unfounded opinions regarding my character and thus acknowledge that you are one.

cmus

earth
Another's wrong excuses your boorishness?

Apparently, cmus, you are a horse's ass as well.
Apparently you are one of those self righteous judgmental fanatics who can not admit when they are wrong regardless of facts that disprove their unfounded opinions. In that respect you are much like LH who is unable to control his unhealthy obsession with FT10.

Like I said previously, your objections were sent to the wrong address.

You may want to redirect those objections to LH who posted the original photos and the quoted text that as you put it "impugn[ed] the character of the young woman".

mad

Super Anarchist
Poor form, cmus.

If you are so concerned, have a cow (pun intended) with Mr. Fugly who is the one that "impugn(ed) the character of the young woman" and posted photographs to prove it..

Here is what he said in his original post:

" I wanted photographic evidence of the freak show I got to witness. The one with the dog let it run around on the plane, told us all about her 20 plastic surgeries and got blotto'd on vodka from the drink cart. The troll showed me almost all of her tattoos and offered me a chance to join the mile high club."

Post #37:

http://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index.php?showtopic=154221#entry4451737

Next time you may want to keep quiet and be thought a fool rather than post your unfounded opinions regarding my character and thus acknowledge that you are one.
Quoted in case of deletions later.

left hook

Super Anarchist
Let me make one thing clear. I'm criticizing the build quality of a boat. Not Bob's design, not how fun it is to sail, not how much people enjoy or love their boats. Simply the job that was done at the factory in China. If that makes me childish then so be it.

The way that people in this forum have responded to such criticisms seem to universally take the form of personal attacks against my character for voicing my opinion. Is that really the quality of the discourse that's happening here in SBA? Is the way that CMUS responded to my post REALLY the most mature way to conduct a debate on the pros and cons of a fairly successful design? As far as I know I haven't dredged up unrelated pictures of FTinCT and made personal attacks in order to respond to his opinions about ME (whether I agree with them or not.)

So I'm going to keep watching how these boats go and from time to time I'll make a comment and you'll think I'm acting like a child. That's your opinion and you're entitled to it but are unfounded insults the best way to respond to an honest criticism? I think no.

SA Lurker

Anarchist
You would benefit from learning to exercise discretion, LH, whether in the public humiliation of women or voicing your opinion of other peoples' toys.

cmus

earth
You would benefit from learning to exercise discretion, LH, whether in the public humiliation of women or voicing your opinion of other peoples' toys.
It is obvious that LH is a "collage douche, ridding on other people's coat tails" while "spouting unintelligent drivel" like a juvenile.

One wonders what LH's parents would think if they read their adult son's humiliation of women and what the boat owner would think if he read his crew's self proclaimed sailing star status and trash talk regarding other people's toys.

Kapt'n Kirk

I think the issue with this boat was the rudder pin itself and not the gudgeon bolts. I could be wrong. The pin goes top down and can get bent if the retaining clip drops off. If that's the case it would have been a bitch to replace in a seaway and if it was undersized and sloppy would have made me head for the beach as well. The gudgeons are held in place with 4 large bolts and backing plates and are not to bad to get at. I don't think this is a issue about build quality. The boats are built just fine, it was some of the bits and pieces that were sub par. LH you continue to make statements that simply aren't true. Get off one of your floating RV's for a race on the Tiger. I guarantee you'll change your opinion.

Clewless

Super Anarchist
Breaking news, a cotter pin fell off my FT10 in a recent race......headline news --perhaps this should be on the front page. Bob -- there must be something wrong with the design!!!!