SB2KH race.

Interesting to see the difference in ratings of the 5 Hobie33 

Raw  elapsed times over 81 nm compares nicely with our class Hobie33 with the class rudder doing 120 nm in 10:58 HH:mm  (definitely hair on fire :)

https://yachtscoring.com/event_results_detail.cfm?Race_Number=1&eID=782

Tom O'Keefe

Super Anarchist
SB2KH is a very fun race. Usually, finish around Midnight, occassionally before sunset and a few times around dawn. Gybing down the backside of Ana Capa with the entire fleet is always fun. It's just those darn years where it shuts down and it becomes a drift fest. Fortunately, I have only seen a couple drift athons since 1983 when I started doing this race.

silent bob

Super Anarchist
New Jersey
Looking forward to it again! Boat is already up there.
Calling Dry Armor- What say your Crystal Ball?

1658789873416.jpeg

I wish I could be optimistic, but I see a light start, filling in to NW 12ish around Anacapa in the mid afternoon. Then Bagel Bay glasses off at sunset. Dead Zone from Pt. Dume to Catalina until it fills back in around 1300 Saturday. It’ll be tough, even for the big boats!

BTW, only one Shrimp Feed seating this year!

Meat Wad

Super Anarchist
View attachment 530476

I wish I could be optimistic, but I see a light start, filling in to NW 12ish around Anacapa in the mid afternoon. Then Bagel Bay glasses off at sunset. Dead Zone from Pt. Dume to Catalina until it fills back in around 1300 Saturday. It’ll be tough, even for the big boats!

BTW, only one Shrimp Feed seating this year!
Great cartoon

SB2KH is a very fun race. Usually, finish around Midnight, occassionally before sunset and a few times around dawn. Gybing down the backside of Ana Capa with the entire fleet is always fun. It's just those darn years where it shuts down and it becomes a drift fest. Fortunately, I have only seen a couple drift athons since 1983 when I started doing this race.

My first was in 77' on the SC27 Hot Spur. Named after one of Horatio Hornblower's boats (great books by CS Forester). It blew like stink and we finished 12:30 to 1:00. we were around 3rd to finish just behind Ghost Wing(s), I think a New CF37. Anyone remember that one? I was just 19 and had been making sails for about 1 year.
This race used to fill up SB harbor so you could walk from dock to dock in the raft up. can you say PARTY. I remember passing out in KH one year when we sailed the Olson 30, Boojie Boy

When it blows you gotta find the windy land after Leo Carrillo. just offshore, the SM mountains do something where it really picks up.