SB2KH race.

Tom O'Keefe

Super Anarchist
Pretty fun race. A bit of chutes and ladders. First leg was pretty typical. Own the left and get lifted at the island. Had a pretty decent jibing run down the backside. The run back to Point Dume is where the ladders started kicking in. Mediman had her preffered conditions and was able to vmg deeper and faster than we were able to and got past us on the low lane. Then after jibing the beach at Dume and into the Colony we decided to not go back in off Pepperdine. And, we had to do a backdown. All of a sudden Bribon got past us with more breeze on the beach. When we next convergred they ended up jibing away for another dig at the beach and so did Medicine Man. We were playing the edge of the cloud line that was working it's way in the Santa Monica Bay. All of a sudden we got some chutes. It was light where we were. But, it was lighter on the beach. Good Energy, Medicine Man and Bribon all were inside and we got around them by being outside. Only problem was Bolt went even further around the outside and made it pay.

Congrats to Craig and the boys on Bolt! With a tip of the hat to Bob and the Mediman crew for covering the spread. But, I can't complain about finishing 3 1/2 hours ahead of our highest probability routes.
Oh and congrats to Dr. Laura and her team for the overall.

Reactions: DRP

Hitchhiker

Hoopy Frood
Saquo-Pilia Hensha
Is this incorrect for the overall?

D80040AA-65A4-4FAB-8AA8-9929F9860A42.jpeg

fan

Super Anarchist
San Diego
THis is just a guess. But since they are still scored in ORR I believe they withdrew from PHRF for using an unrated sail. Again my guess is it was a large roach headsail. I say this becasue we have pictures notified but didn't file against the Roger 46 for using the same penalty sail. We decided we are going to review in more detail and contact directly.

knuckles

Super Anarchist
Keyboard
We sat on the beach at MDR, Friday evening, enjoying a glass of wine and the sunset as the cloud bank moved in from the south. Sure looked light, and the finishing times validated that.

Was pumped for this race. We had 6 crew, then shaved down to 5 for the light forecast. All was good then had 2 crew bail on us (one on the day before, then another on the day of the start). Who does that?

Race Day - Exited the harbor and powered straight home to try and salvage the weekend. As an owner, all I can say is that some people just don't give a fuck about the money you spend and the time you take to prep and deliver the boat almost 100 miles north.

Hitchhiker

Hoopy Frood
Saquo-Pilia Hensha
THis is just a guess. But since they are still scored in ORR I believe they withdrew from PHRF for using an unrated sail. Again my guess is it was a large roach headsail. I say this becasue we have pictures notified but didn't file against the Roger 46 for using the same penalty sail. We decided we are going to review in more detail and contact directly.
This seems to be a trend. Which Rogers?

BWR

Anarchist
San Diego, CA
Was pumped for this race. We had 6 crew, then shaved down to 5 for the light forecast. All was good then had 2 crew bail on us (one on the day before, then another on the day of the start). Who does that?

Race Day - Exited the harbor and powered straight home to try and salvage the weekend. As an owner, all I can say is that some people just don't give a fuck about the money you spend and the time you take to prep and deliver the boat almost 100 miles north.
Bummer, wondered what happened? Sorry for your PIA. Certainly not the first time people bail. Ugh!

silent bob

Super Anarchist
New Jersey
This seems to be a trend. Which Rogers?

I saw Groundhog Day flying one just after the start. Flat, furling, out to the end of prod, with battens. Neither fish, nor foul. Wasn’t a Jib, Genoa, nor Spinnaker! They Retired After Finish, as they didn’t start properly.

Reactions: fan

Hitchhiker

Hoopy Frood
Saquo-Pilia Hensha
We missed the Green Bell marker at the finish, we realized out mistake and retired without being protested. Shame for the team as I am fairly sure we won our PHRF class, PHRF overall and ORR overall.
Stand up move. Job well done.

That light is a bitch to see. When we won overall in 2015, we almost hit it!