Scary shit - Europe suffering 1 in 100years drought

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
I wonder how many Nuclear power stations take cooling water from The Rhine, The Rhone, the Garron?
Just to mention a few.

1660306487629.png

1660306514876.png

1660306553950.png

1660306581121.png

Last edited:
It's been crazy, the Rhine is super low all over, no ships can travel.... I have been living in Germany 22 years now and have never seen such a drought. A few years ago we thought it was a bad summer but this is way worse. Off to a river regatta at Yacht Club Rhine Mosel in Koblenz and really wonder what it will look like.

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
How about once in 1000-year floods this side of the pond
Continuous flooding on the east coast of Oz this autumn and winter, unusually cold winter In Victoria.

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
But back to Europe, most of the power stations along the Rhone, The Rhine, The Po in italy and the Garron in france are running at less than half capacity because the water is too warm and they cant pump hot water from the coolers back because it will kill the ecosystems.
Adding hugely to Europe's power woes.
The Loire
1660316658155.png

LB 15

Cunt
We have had two 100 year floods 3 weeks apart in February this year. Terms like 'one hundred year flood' are for the consumption and promotion of the simple gosiping classes. As demonstrated by the person that posted this.

Ex Machina

Anarchist
New Zealand
The water is down here on holiday in NZ and Australia for the winter . I’m sure it will head back in late november , Heathrow will be fucked again

Lark

Supper Anarchist
Ohio
We have had two 100 year floods 3 weeks apart in February this year. Terms like 'one hundred year flood' are for the consumption and promotion of the simple gosiping classes. As demonstrated by the person that posted this.
Definition: 1% chance of occurring in a given year based on historical observations. Two means 1:10,000 chance of occurring in a year under normal circumstances. Maybe the chance of climate change being real exceeds the chance of so many rare events happening?

LB 15

Cunt
Definition: 1% chance of occurring in a given year based on historical observations. Two means 1:10,000 chance of occurring in a year under normal circumstances. Maybe the chance of climate change being real exceeds the chance of so many rare events happening?
Well then perhaps they need to look at their definitions? BTW who said climate change isn't real? When the Vikings crossed the north Atlantic the average temperature was around 10 degrees C warmer than is is now.

3to1

Super Anarchist
Well then perhaps they need to look at their definitions? BTW who said climate change isn't real? When the Vikings crossed the north Atlantic the average temperature was around 10 degrees C warmer than is is now.
this shit is so willfully stupid it's not even worth arguing with, I mean how can you? what can be said that hasn't already been said on the subject for the past 25+ years?
you look like a dumbfuck who's morals have deserted him here, what's it going to cost you to simply acknowledge the grim reality of this most preeminent of all issues?

Fah Kiew Tu

Curmudgeon, First Rank
Tasmania, Australia
this shit is so willfully stupid it's not even worth arguing with, I mean how can you? what can be said that hasn't already been said on the subject for the past 25+ years?
you look like a dumbfuck who's morals have deserted him here, what's it going to cost you to simply acknowledge the grim reality of this most preeminent of all issues?

Because:

a) LB is correct and having fun trolling you.

and

b) Yep it's all been said before and the big polluters are still polluting, people like you are barking at clouds and nothing of substance changes.

So - shrug. I'm tossing another log in the wood heater.

FKT

silent bob

Super Anarchist
New Jersey

So, which SUV was responsible? Or was it the coal fired power plant in Queens. The Nuclear plant in Jersey? Or the Guido’s in Manhattan cooking on the Natural Gas stoves? I am not a “Denier”, I am a realist. Climate changes, with or without us! Everything humans do creates heat! The more humans there are, the more heat is created! Do you want to reduce co2? Stop breathing!

Do you know why co2 shot up like an arrow in the mid 1970’s? Los Angeles smog got so bad that California started requiring Catalytic Converters on all cars. Do you know what Catalytic Converters actually do? They split the hydrocarbon in gasoline up and add in Oxygen. The hydrogen atoms get mixed in, and it creates WATER, the Carbon Monoxide gets mixed in and becomes CARBON DIOXIDE! But now, I can see the Hollywood sign from Santa Monica!

So, there’s your Science lecture for tonight!

3to1

Super Anarchist
hey silent blob, you're a simple fuck, hey FKT, you're an ambivalent curmudgeon and the words of the both you here are just opinionated hot air. in relation to the reality on the ground, it means less than shit, see.