School Shooting

AJ Oliver

Super Anarchist
Sandusky Sailing Club
An analogy would be that in the wake of the 9/11 attacks, we went on a Moonshot/Manhatten Project sized effort to attempt to reform the MIddle East
Sounds like you drank that Kool-Aid back in 2003 and 2001. 

Vets For Peace did not, which shows 

that your analytical skills are gravely lacking 

compared to ours. 

Next time how about if you listen to those who have it figured out ?? 

Last edited by a moderator:

Rain Man

Super Anarchist
Wet coast.
Excellent. It’s not like school districts have never heard of school shootings. My guess is they held regular drills. That’s not enough.

Yeah, whatever on the war in the ME. For some relative peanuts compared to the cost of that, we could have safe schools. 
You will never have safe schools if the approach is to try to harden them with security guards, metal detectors, active shooter drills and locked doors to the outside.  A determined high school student that wants to get a gun into a school "hardened" this way will get it in.  I will bet every bit of the experience gained in 25 years spent inside one on that.  You may reduce the death toll somewhat, however.

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
Sir, you wrote this:

2. Those things were not invented in 1789 so the second amendment can't possibly apply to them. Alone among the Bill of Rights, it only applies totechnology available at the time it was enacted.

…which is the opposite of what you’re writing now less than 24 hours later (and have written in the past). Either you believe that the 2A applies or you don’t, it’s one or the other. Or you’re a bullshitter and pick/choose whatever is convenient in the moment. Enlighten me sir, which is it?
Yes, the idea that the 2nd amendment doesn't apply to anything invented since the 18th century is the TeamD/gungrabby position. I sometimes adopt it to make fun.

Similarly, the current controversy being decided by the Supreme Court is whether we had indoor militias. That's the TeamD/gungrabby view. I think militias operated outdoors and I do sometimes adopt their position to mock it.

How about you?

Do you think the second amendment applies to anything more modern than a musket?

Do you think it applies outdoors?

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
I'm just glad he's stopped posting that same fucking picture he threw in every thread to make some asinine point about differentiation. 
If he resumes, it's your fault.
I'm sorry that I used to go around saying that battlefield .22's were "ordinary" or "squirrel shooters."

People rightly worried that I might not realize .22's are lethal or I might think them harmless or I might not know a .22 from a .223.

Faced with persuasive arguments like those, I could only reverse my position and conclude that battlefield .22's are indeed part of the ordinary military equipment. Now I call them battlefield .22's and no one objects, so I must have gotten it right!

So while I might continue to post pics of weapons of war like this one, I won't do anything to suggest this is anything different from an M16.

SWVictoryFlower.jpg

shaggybaxter

Super Anarchist
Australia
Whaaat?  Are you speaking some aboriginal language that no one here understands?  You're saying that we are wasting our time on preemptive measures and instead should be reactive?  If so, your command of the english language is suspect.  

As a parent you would not let "what" happen?  If we are still talking about school - how are you going to protect your child while at school?

Again, what you're typing vs what you think you're trying to say are quite far apart.

Just saying.
G'day Jeff,

Sorry I missed your response. 

What I was meaning to say (by the looks I did it quite badly, apologies) is that installing metal detectors in schools is another bandaid on top of the bandaid on top of the bandaid.

Word in your shelllike dear chap...Under the bandaid isn't a wee paper cut. Its a cancerous horrific weeping sore. You pretending its a paper cut is not only incredibly myopic, it's pretty much guaranteed to make it worse until its beyond salvage.

If your want your society to be gun loving, have at it. I like guns too. Yet as a society you have clearly refused to take on the responsibility that guns require. And as a result you can't control the fuckwits. 

The solution as a parent is to look at the root cause, not paper over it with more convenient self serving reactive bullshit. Metal detectors are used for areas where we expect the dregs of society to pass through. Like courts. Prisons. Police watch houses. The sheer fact you lot are tossing around adding metal detectors to schools like you're discussing adding a new desk to the reception tells me a huge amount about what you as a society consider more valuable. 

You (collective you) can't admit it because to admit it means you're a low life cunt, but this says in big shiny bold font that you value your bullshit gun rights obsession more than kids. 

Fucking metal detectors in schools. What a bunch of selfish gutless soft cock fucking arseholes. 

Is that clearer? 

Last edited by a moderator:

shaggybaxter

Super Anarchist
Australia
Hiya Tom,

If you are responding to my post, please don't. You haver zero chance of me ever reading your shite, I've had you on ignore since your first response so many years ago I've forgotten it.

And SA is sooo much a better place because of it.

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
Hey Jeff, ask him about those museum collections. I find it a good test of whether someone can say that grabbers have gone too far. So far, the results are all in one direction with our local Aussies. Nope, they can't, just like American grabbers.

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
No Jane, you ignorant Slut!  That's not how this works.  Even if we were to do all the perfect stuff to get rid of guns, work to change society into a less violent place and address all the mental illness issues and on and on - those efforts would take decades if not at least a generation to solve -
Better get cracking then.

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
G'day Jeff,

What I was meaning to say (by the looks I did it quite badly, apologies) is that installing metal detectors in schools is another bandaid on top of the bandaid on top of the bandaid.

Word in your shelllike dear chap...Under the bandaid isn't a wee paper cut. Its a cancerous horrific weeping sore. You pretending its a paper cut is not only incredibly myopic, it's pretty much guaranteed to make it worse until its beyond salvage.

If your want your society to be gun loving, have at it. I like guns too. Yet as a society you have clearly refused to take on the responsibility that guns require. And as a result you can't control the fuckwits. 

The solution as a parent is to look at the root cause, not paper over it with more convenient self serving reactive bullshit. Metal detectors are used for areas where we expect the dregs of society to pass through. Like courts. Prisons. Police watch houses. The sheer fact you lot are tossing around adding metal detectors to schools like you're discussing adding a new desk to the reception tells me a huge amount about what you as a society consider more valuable. 

You (collective you) can't admit it because to admit it means you're a low life cunt, but this says in big shiny bold font that you value your bullshit gun rights obsession more than kids. 

Fucking metal detectors in schools. What a bunch of selfish gutless soft cock fucking arseholes. 

Is that clearer? 
ec3adbd2c2294f52d289b5e2bd8c0988.gif

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
You will never have safe schools if the approach is to try to harden them with security guards, metal detectors, active shooter drills and locked doors to the outside.  A determined high school student that wants to get a gun into a school "hardened" this way will get it in.  I will bet every bit of the experience gained in 25 years spent inside one on that.  You may reduce the death toll somewhat, however.
Well, yes, even you agree that it doesn't mean we shouldn't stop 95% of them. Enemy of the good is perfection and all that bullshit. 

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
Yes, the idea that the 2nd amendment doesn't apply to anything invented since the 18th century is the TeamD/gungrabby position. I sometimes adopt it to make fun.

Similarly, the current controversy being decided by the Supreme Court is whether we had indoor militias. That's the TeamD/gungrabby view. I think militias operated outdoors and I do sometimes adopt their position to mock it.

How about you?

Do you think the second amendment applies to anything more modern than a musket?

Do you think it applies outdoors?
Does it apply in schools? airports or courthouses, police stations? 

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
G'day Jeff,

Is that clearer? 
Hell, there are metal detectors in many places in the US now. Airports, some mass transit centers, sporting events. You know, where the dregs hang out.