Steam Flyer

Super Anarchist
Eastern NC
How's that broken down? It seems low!

I could see the averages/household being:

3.7 pistols

3.7 rifles

3.7 shot guns

More like an ave of 10-12 weapons/gun toting house!

I don't take a pistol or rifle to shoot sporting clays... Just saying!

The most I've used at one time: 2

Care to square that circle?

So, no auto long jail sentence for you, because you get the right to 'crimeless' self defense because of where you live?

Think how much faster airport TSA check points would get if we train the kids from a young age!
Just give everybody a gun, even if they don't want one.

Let God sort them out

- DSK

Movable Ballast

Anarchist
San Diego
I have a much more common sense solution:

1. Look at countries that have significantly fewer gun deaths
  2. Read their gun laws
  3. Copy their gun laws
  4. Enjoy fewer dead people.

Just saying.
We don't have a crisis of applicable law in the US. We have a crisis of conscience where the very idea of killing someone seems to be OK... We let a kid with a gun get off scot free and a man who used a car as a weapon get out on $1000 bail. Removing the guns (or restricting them) won't solve these issues. In London UK it's illegal to have anything pointier than a bread knife but stabbing deaths in London are up... As a society we are morally bankrupt.     

dylan winter

Super Anarchist
We don't have a crisis of applicable law in the US. We have a crisis of conscience where the very idea of killing someone seems to be OK... We let a kid with a gun get off scot free and a man who used a car as a weapon get out on $1000 bail. Removing the guns (or restricting them) won't solve these issues. In London UK it's illegal to have anything pointier than a bread knife but stabbing deaths in London are up... As a society we are morally bankrupt.     
leave us out of it

look at the stats for murder

D

Mark K

Super Anarchist
Top Logic there old chap

You win

I back down

guns are good

more guns are better
There is never a condition for less guns. All situations call for mor gunz.

images

dylan winter

Super Anarchist
My  mother had a strange turn of phrase.

One of her favourites was advice to "never try to play chess with a gerbil"

I should try to remember her wisdom

Last edited by a moderator:

Steam Flyer

Super Anarchist
Eastern NC
Are you saying stabbings are not up in the UK? 
Are the stabbings per capita in the UK as high as gun deaths per capita?

I don't know, so this question is only partly to push an agenda.

FWIW I strongly agree that there is a huge problem with public morals in the US, where killing people is seen as OK.

- DSK

Movable Ballast

Anarchist
San Diego
Are the stabbings per capita in the UK as high as gun deaths per capita?

I don't know, so this question is only partly to push an agenda.

FWIW I strongly agree that there is a huge problem with public morals in the US, where killing people is seen as OK.

- DSK
Who said anything about per capita? All I said was it's not the guns that are killing people. It's people killing people regardless of how. Unless you want to blame the red SUV and not the driver.... Do SUVs kill people or people kill people? you tell me.

I'm a gun control advocate by the way but the arguments I hear from most on the page are lame... It isn't the gun. 

Movable Ballast

Anarchist
San Diego
Bullshit, if Oxford dad had controlled his gun, four teens with promising futures would still be alive.  They were killed by the gun.  
Bullshit nothing... The gun didn't create the situation by which this fuckwit kid acted. The gun was the vehicle not the causality. Until we and a nation figure out how to raise kids with respect for life this shit will continue...