Schools Under Siege

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
I love free speech, until I hate it.  And the internet gives way too many people access to way too much everything to speechify about, quasi-anonymously.

PA excepted, of course, you're all okay

;-)
I love freedom of speech, but that's a different thing than screaming hateful nonsense and deliberately fucking up your community's operation.

Free speech <> deliberate sabotage

- DSK

badlatitude

Super Anarchist
That is not what the research shows - by Reuters pretty sure 

https://graphics.reuters.com/USA-ELECTION/THREATS/mopanwmlkva/Hundreds of the threateners have been tracked and identified. 

80% are mid age white conservative males. 

Nice folks !! And true patriots !!

Most appear to be male. Many lived far from the officials they targeted. A handful sent large numbers of messages.

The sender’s gender is evident in 520 of the 850-plus messages reviewed. Of those, about four in five were men. Of the 74 messages that indicate a sender’s location, about two in five came from outside the state of the targeted official. Reuters identified at least 10 high-volume senders, each responsible for 10 or more messages. Those 10 authors generated at least 180 messages, about a fifth of those reviewed.
I guess the question of the week, is this coordinated from somewhere or someone? If the FBI or Homeland Security can answer that, they could find a way to end it.

AJ Oliver

Super Anarchist
Sandusky Sailing Club
I guess the question of the week, is this coordinated from somewhere or someone? If the FBI or Homeland Security can answer that, they could find a way to end it.
There is some evidence that is indeed the case - most prominently that  . . 

almost zero GOPPERS at the state or national levels (or even local for that matter) 

have spoken out strongly against it. 

badlatitude

Super Anarchist
When I read about such events, I get very upset. I cannot accept and believe that all this can happen in the 21st century. And the saddest thing as a consequence is that the educational system suffers greatly.
I get upset too, it is a challenge that gets more difficult when they hide behind the First Amendment or bring guns to meetings. Merrick Garland promises to help and the DHS is tracking those responsible, but I cannot tell you if that is enough.

Ishmael

Fuctifino
When I read about such events, I get very upset. I cannot accept and believe that all this can happen in the 21st century. And the saddest thing as a consequence is that the educational system suffers greatly.

Bot?

Copy-of-amiratgweets-5.png

Mike in Seattle

Super Anarchist
Latte land
“It’s just wrong. It’s gone too far. Students have a dress code to abide by. Why should the teachers not?”

Many students are shocked by the teacher’s appearance and “a little weirded out,” he said.

As the students let out for the afternoon, some chose to mix with the protesters and roared in agreement with the voice behind the loudspeaker.

“I thought teachers were supposed to set the example for the students, not the other way around,” said an OTHS student by the name of Tony as he grabbed the mic.

"His" pic is in "not quite right" thd

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
One teacher in one school? I think the local authorities can take care of it. I'd be more concerned with the sex predator types to be honest.

Mike in Seattle

Super Anarchist
Latte land
I'd be more concerned with the sex predator types to be honest.

The professional educators all "ran like rabbits" when this subject came up before.

,,, with now at least 181 teachers having been charged in the first six months of the year.

It's not the schools under siege.

It's our kids/grandkids

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile