Scrap F-35 buy J-20

HuronBouy

Anarchist
Canada
I mean the price point alone should make it a consideration. 

Let the foaming at the mouth and clenching  of teeth begin  

Hard On The Wind

Super Anarchist
GMT-8
Better a J120. 

post-5483-091297100%201316483859.jpg

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
I use to love visiting the truck farms in Richmond. Strawberry Raspberries, rhubarb, Veggies. Go hang out at Grauer's General Store on Sea Island
Truck Farms.

Is that where they grow Ridgelines?

Oh, sorry, that would be the Wannabe-Truck Farm...

Last edited by a moderator:

random

Super Anarchist
The jets may be good, but if Chinese pilots are anything like Chinese drivers, they'll be useless.
Yeah, just like Japanese zero pilots couldn't see well out of their squinty eyes!   Supposedly.  As if.

random

Super Anarchist
Anyway, it's not hard to train good Asian pilots.  The 9/11 guys went straight from Cessnas to wide bodied jets!

How hard can it be?

G

Anyway, it's not hard to train good Asian pilots.  The 9/11 guys went straight from Cessnas to wide bodied jets!

How hard can it be?
Yeah, just look at those two Asiana pilots who crashed a 777 into the rocks at SFO on a beautiful sunny day....  

IIRC, their names were:

Capt Wee Tu Lo and 1st Officer Ho Lee Fuk

Navig8tor

Super Anarchist

How hard can it be?
With Veteran days and Armstice fresh in our minds.

The WWII guys went from a  1930s tiger moth 130 HP Top speed of 65mph  to a Harvard 600 HP top speed 180mph 

then,  if they were good enough on to  Hurricane. 1260HP top speed 340 or Spitfires 1700 HP. top speed 400 and latterley Mustangs and Thunderbolts etc.

If not quite fighter material they went on to bombers with an alarming rate of attrition.

The learning curve was steep and more than a few got caught out opening up the taildraggers for take off without applying some rudder to offset the torque that a 1000hp will give you. Gotta remember you can't actually see just were you're going clearly until the tail gets airborne...which makes it interesting.

The 9/11 guys failed as pilots in that they didn't land the planes ......something I doubt they could do or were interested in learning perhaps they focused on the one way trip

random

Super Anarchist
Yeah, just look at those two Asiana pilots who crashed a 777 into the rocks at SFO on a beautiful sunny day....  

IIRC, their names were:

Nice work reinforcing your racist credentials Jeffy.

I have resisted posting a listing of Caucasians who have crashed planes due to pilot error.  But I suppose in your mind that wouldn't happen.

random

Super Anarchist
With Veteran days and Armstice fresh in our minds.
WTF has that got to do with anything.  Fuck the veterans days.  They have been hijacked by the military industrial complex to glorify war.

Kill em all kill Kill KILL!!!!  I wanna see dead burnt bodies and veins between my teeth and ...

Sorry I got a bit carried away after seeing that flags waving and stuff.

Navig8tor

Super Anarchist
WTF has that got to do with anything.  Fuck the veterans days.  They have been hijacked by the military industrial complex to glorify war.

Kill em all kill Kill KILL!!!!  I wanna see dead burnt bodies and veins between my teeth and ...

Sorry I got a bit carried away after seeing that flags waving and stuff.
As evadent and remember go for the jugular.........more blood and gore.

G

VOA said:

IIRC, their names were:

Indonesia urges more training for pilots after learning Lion Air manual didn’t cover situation leading to crash

– Indonesian investigators said on Monday more training was needed for Boeing 737 MAX pilots after discovering the situation believed to have faced the crew of a doomed Lion Air jet was not contained in the aircraft’s flight manual.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2018/11/13/asia-pacific/indonesia-urges-training-pilots-learning-lion-air-manual-didnt-cover-situation-leading-crash/#.W-pND9UzbIU
Yeah, here's the new training procedure: 

If the aircraft does something unexpected, like a sudden uncommanded pitch down - TURN OFF THE FUCKING AUTOPILOT AND FLY THE FUCKING PLANE MANUALLY LIKE A REAL PILOT!!!!!

Last edited:

random

Super Anarchist
Not that simple, read the fucking news!

"Boeing was facing mounting pressure Wednesday over the Indonesia airplane disaster as the owner of the doomed jet joined a US pilots' group in alleging the company failed to warn pilots about the potential hazards of a new safety feature implicated in the crash.

A top Lion Air official told CNN that the manual for Boeing's 737 MAX 8 -- the model that crashed into the Java Sea last month, killing all 189 on board -- did not include a warning about a critical feature that could cause the plane to dive.

Zwingli Silalahi, the Indonesian airline's operational director, said the manual did not tell pilots that in certain situations, the plane's stall-prevention system could automatically trigger a response, such as lowering the airplane's nose, to prevent or exit a stall.

"We don't have that in the manual of the Boeing 737 MAX 8. That's why we don't have the special training for that specific situation," Zwingli said Wednesday."

Edit: But according to Jeffy, boeing has done no wrong, pilots who leave the aircraft on autopilot are fuckwits apparently.  Aircraft that nose dive on autopilot are common as.  Nothing to see here.

Last edited by a moderator: