SD to PV start days next week?!

Roleur

Super Anarchist
Orcas Island
Can anyone explain why Div 6 starts on Thursday with just 4 boats, but Div 5 which has boats that rate slower than some of the Div 6 boats start on Friday?  Or, why aren't the Olson 40 and J/121 in Div 6?

fan

Super Anarchist
San Diego
Yeah the class breaks are just whack.  They should put the J145 and J121 with the J125 in Class 3 and move the Andrews 40 and Rip tide up intp Div 5.  We are concerned our spread is so big its gonna all coming down to finish time morning or afternoon.

Roleur

Super Anarchist
Orcas Island
Yeah the class breaks are just whack.  They should put the J145 and J121 with the J125 in Class 3 and move the Andrews 40 and Rip tide up intp Div 5.  We are concerned our spread is so big its gonna all coming down to finish time morning or afternoon.
In fairness the J/121 is much slower than the J/145 and J/125, but rates almost exactly the same as Cookson 12m that starts the day before.  Also, the Olson 40 rates slower than all the boats that start the day before.  

What boat/Div are you in?  ORR-3 has the biggest spread, by far now.  All a bit whack-a-doodle.

fan

Super Anarchist
San Diego
In fairness the J/121 is much slower than the J/145 and J/125, but rates almost exactly the same as Cookson 12m that starts the day before.  Also, the Olson 40 rates slower than all the boats that start the day before.  

What boat/Div are you in?  ORR-3 has the biggest spread, by far now.  All a bit whack-a-doodle.
I am in Div 3 on the J125.  

Roleur

Super Anarchist
Orcas Island
Not exactly a slow start for Thursday.  Just past the Coronados, White Cloud was going 14.9 and Envolee was making 13.9 kts.  And then it looks like they get some strong Santa Ana winds south of Ensenada overnight.

full circle

Super Anarchist
Ventura, CA.
bets or thoughts on who will be first to finish line honors between pyewacket70 or rio? will rio break something and have to retire?

i say pyewacket for line honors and yes, rio breaks something.

Tanton Y_M

Super Anarchist
Newport R.I
73' Velos.

San Diego -Puerto Vallarta: First in her Class.

Puerto Vallarta Race Week:

First in her Class; 2d Overall.

Puerto Vallarta. Velos copy.jpg

Velos Mexorc copy.jpg

Latest posts