Sea Shepherd - vessel damaged

riggert

http://www.stuff.co....s-ship-battered

Anti-whaling group Sea Shepherd's scout vessel Brigitte Bardot has a widening crack in its hull and is being pounded by heavy seas about 2400km southwest of Fremantle.
Its South African captain Jonathan Miles Renecle was confident the ship, which has a 10-member crew, would stay afloat until it was reached by Sea Shepherd flagship Steve Irwin.

Captain Paul Watson, on board the Steve Irwin, said his ship was fighting heavy seas and was expected to take 20 hours to reach the distressed vessel, about 390km to the southeast.

The 35-metre Brigitte Bardot, an advanced design monohull vessel with twin outer pontoons, had been pursuing

didn't someone here predict that this "new" vessel would get damaged?

Last edited by a moderator:

andyxs

"A freak wave hit it" causing the damage, "A wave in the ocean, chance in a million!" what next, The front fell off?

Potter

Super Anarchist
Aw man, that is my old boat. As Cable and Wireless she managed to get around the world, and did loads of work in horrendous seas in Biscay. What have they done to her?

barleymalt

Super Anarchist
Michigan
Aw man, that is my old boat. As Cable and Wireless she managed to get around the world, and did loads of work in horrendous seas in Biscay. What have they done to her?
Same thing they do to any equipment they are handed, destroy it. Nothing worse than a clueless zealot.

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
How would she do if she hit a chunk of ice?

I saw them driving the thing around with ice in the water. Not much ice, but ice. Eventually, you're going to fail to notice one and hit it.

slap

Super Anarchist
Somewhat near Naptown
It's no wonder that the Brigitte Bardot sank - look at what age has done for her:

Brigitte+Bardot+Brigitte+Bardot+Meets+French+LUyP1FRgWbFl.jpg

guns68

Isn't "rogue wave" a nautical term meaning I'm an idiot and have no business on the water let alone in heavy weather? What a ship (fleet actually) of fools

Great Red Shark

Super Anarchist
Honolulu
Anti-whaling group Sea Shepherd's scout vessel Brigitte Bardot has a widening crack in its hull and is being pounded by heavy seas about 2400km southwest of Fremantle.
Its South African captain Jonathan Miles Renecle was confident the ship, which has a 10-member crew, would stay afloat until it was reached by Sea Shepherd flagship Steve Irwin.
It's a set-up, right.... ?

johnnysaint

Super Anarchist
Now claim they were damaged "pursuing the Japanese whalers".

How long before they clam they were run down by a Japanese whaler?

edit...

Brigitte Bardot has a widening crack
That's been happening for a few years now.

"A freak wave hit it" causing the damage, "A wave in the ocean, chance in a million!" what next, The front fell off?
Dont you love how its always a rogue wave?

You got there before me!

It's just a wave - in rough water which a boat like this isn't meant to be in. Looks like (to my completely ignorant eye :) ) a cross sea hit the outrigger/float from the side or they weren't driving to the waves. Looking at the geometry of the sponsons/floats, a sideways wave hitting the float would be my worry in that boat.

A great pity - as previously mentioned this was a brilliant boat as C&W, when driven sensibly.

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
Dont you love how its always a rogue wave?

You got there before me!

It's just a wave - in rough water which a boat like this isn't meant to be in. Looks like (to my completely ignorant eye :) ) a cross sea hit the outrigger/float from the side or they weren't driving to the waves. Looking at the geometry of the sponsons/floats, a sideways wave hitting the float would be my worry in that boat.

A great pity - as previously mentioned this was a brilliant boat as C&W, when driven sensibly.
You got here a month ago and have had all that time to prepare pics of tits, so fuck off or let's see 'em or both.

Latest posts