Seattle NOOD regatta discontinued

Anyone heard why??

From NW Yachting - http://www.nwyachting.com/2015/01/nood/

"Citing the State of Washington having taken “a different approach recently,” The Sailing Company has decided it will no longer hold its NOOD regatta in Seattle beginning this year. The NOOD event (National Offshore One-Design regatta) is one of many such regattas around the country. ... "

Varan

Super Anarchist
No, they legalized weed. Now we just don't care. Besides, May sucked (no wind). What were we talking about?

Beeracuda

I was disappointed when the Houston Yacht Club's NOOD was canceled but now we have the Houston Open One Design each fall. Lot's of wind and 100+ ODs of all kinds. Much more fun and much bigger parties. Now if the idiots in the Texas Legislature would just legalize pot.

ropetrick

Super Anarchist
Detroit replaced the NOOD with the Bayview One Design Regatta. Less expensive, more responsive to the needs of the sailors and more fun.

Try it.

dacapo

Super Anarchist
NY
Detroit replaced the NOOD with the Bayview One Design Regatta. Less expensive, more responsive to the needs of the sailors and more fun.

Try it.
Larchmont NOOD went way of the DO DO Bird...now Ceder Point YC's O/D regatta is huge (going to a 2 weekend event this year!!!)

foamy1946

The OC.
How come in many posts I see on any website...always refers to those who smoke pot as "hippies". I smoked pot in the 60s, 70s, and 80s, may start up again.

I have a degree in engineering, Army vet, sail, surf, and ski. Was never a hippie.

Making reference to those who smoke pot as "hippies" would be the same as all those who drink beer as being rednecks or the sort. (Nothing wrong with rednecks, we all have our opinions).

Go Fuck Yourself

Super Anarchist
Fuckoffville
Sperry, Sperry, Sperry, oh wait, the shoe guys... Now I remember. My mom wears those to her bridge games. The other ladies think they're very snazzy..

Ah, so you keep racing, change sponsors. Call it the WEED regatta. We've Evolved- Every Design Regatta.

Grow a pair and adapt. Carry on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Varan

Super Anarchist
Y'all have to sail Weedbey Island Race Week instead. It's a smoking good time.

Not to discount the statement against dope theory, but could it be the state of Washington, realizing the event wasn't being run by two not for profit clubs, requiring that the for profit company pay the applicable B&O, Sales & Employee/L&I taxes and the company deciding it wasn't profitable to do now?

Just a guess, I've no real info on that.