Sheboygan Sausages at Kroger ...

mikewof

mikewof
Any dick shard who tuns this thread political and gets this purgatoried to PA deserves to have an aluminum winch handle shoved up their gizzards so that every log of their shit for the next six years will vaguely read the words "Ram Well."

This is not political, it just a bunch of some really fucking friendly people who run the King Soopers here in Colorado, and keep the fish counter surprisingly well stocked even though we are land locked. They make good bread and pastries, they manage to keep the paper aisle stocked with the things we need, the milk is fresh, the half-and-half tastes like supermodel pussy and the cashiers and baggers lick tits by moving a lot of people through these stores with a really hard won level of efficiency.

Supermarket work requires a bit more ability for complexity than a job like mine, and these employees need to stay in King Soopers because they run a tight ship. If King Soopers ends up getting staffed by a bunch of strikebreakers, most of them will leave when Kroger drops their $22 per hour strikebreaker pay to $16.50 per hour pay. And then King Soopers will be swallowed alive by Walmart and Amazon and all the other companies that are owned by zillionaires and don't allow labor union membership.

Yeah, I fucking said it, but it's still not political. There are righties and lefties working those stores, grocering, bagging, cashiering, stocking peaches, cutting the scales off of fish, frying up chicken wings, wrapping chunks of plastic in the cheese, stocking the beer aisle and pulling carts. And they're on that line picketing for a wage so they can afford to stay in Colorado, because the cost of living in this shithole has skyrocketed lately for some reason I don't understand. It's getting so that Shaggy is going to have to downgrade his three-knot-shitbox for an RC boat and race in Lollipop Lake. It's getting so that the dude up in Buena Vista is forced to drink slightly less than top-shelf scotch. Yeah, that tough. So shit is getting hard here for some reason, maybe because we're now a state of potheads, I'm not sure though.

The point is, we need to not cross that line to get a fucking jar of plum marmalade and a box of post-menopausal tampons or whatever our old ladies told us to get, because the people on that line are our friends. They ski with us, sail with us, gamble with us, drink with us. Without them, King Soopers is just a building with boxes of cereal and canned products with the faint aroma of Saint Petersburg at noon. And when we don't cross the line, we should beep our horns to let them the Kroger billionaires know that their employees have a lot of friends, who aren't necessarily always shit-fucked on Mount Gay 1703 Master Select swilled out of a cocksucking pickle dish.

Lark

Supper Anarchist
Ohio
1.   You are wrong,

2    It is too political.    And wrong.

3..   What’s this thread about? 

mikewof

mikewof
1.   You are wrong,

2    It is too political.    And wrong.

3..   What’s this thread about? 

Sheboygan Sausages at Kroger.

Are Johnsonville Brats actually the same thing as Sheboygan Sausages? Why did they change the name? Are they made the same way?

Last edited by a moderator:

Lark

Supper Anarchist
Ohio
Sheboygan Sausages at Kroger.

Are Johnsonville Brats actually the same thing as Sheboygan Sausages? Why did they change the name? Are they made the same way?
Sheboygan is a pretty town,   Cheboygan is better canoeing,    I didn’t know they named a town after my Johnson, but I approve.     

mikewof

mikewof
Sheboygan is a pretty town,   Cheboygan is better canoeing,    I didn’t know they named a town after my Johnson, but I approve.     
I used to run a hot dog cart in Downtown Denver. We got VERY good at presenting the Sheboygans. Many people -- even ones on vacation from Michigan and Wisconsin -- would tell us that they were the best Sheboygans they ever had. It wasn't complicated, but the owners worked hard to figuring it out.

1. The sausages were steamed. Not grilled or fried, or baked or put on a roller. They were steamed, just like at the ballpark.

2. White hot dog buns but bigger than usual to allow room for the good stuff.

3. Chopped onions if they wanted it, and Mady's Mustard. This was the secret. They tested literally hundreds of different mustards, and none had the flavor profile that went with the Sheboygans better than Mady's. It looked like this .

MADYS-BEER-MUSTARD.jpg

4. Some people added relish and ketchup and the sweet things, but the onions usually had enough sweetness not to have to bother with that. I think the salient point here is that they found the way we prepared it so delicious because we didn't fucking drown in in a bunch of chili and cheese and tomato-based products. Those Sheboygans were of such high quality that they just didn't need it. They needed a simple bun, they needed the right mustard, they needed a little bit of chopped raw onion and that was that. You know Lark, when you have a good steak, it needs S&P pan seared and then down the hatch ... but pan searing, might be a bit of over-handling.

shaggy

Super Anarchist
Co
8 minutes ago, mikewof said:

I used to run a hot dog cart in Downtown Denver. We got VERY good at presenting the Sheboygans. Many people -- even ones on vacation from Michigan and Wisconsin -- would tell us that they were the best Sheboygans they ever had. It wasn't complicated, but the owners worked hard to figuring it out.

1. The sausages were steamed. Not grilled or fried, or baked or put on a roller. They were steamed, just like at the ballpark.

2. White hot dog buns but bigger than usual to allow room for the good stuff.

3. Chopped onions if they wanted it, and Mady's Mustard. This was the secret. They tested literally hundreds of different mustards, and none had the flavor profile that went with the Sheboygans better than Mady's. It looked like this .

4. Some people added relish and ketchup and the sweet things, but the onions usually had enough sweetness not to have to bother with that. I think the salient point here is that they found the way we prepared it so delicious because we didn't fucking drown in in a bunch of chili and cheese and tomato-based products. Those Sheboygans were of such high quality that they just didn't need it. They needed a simple bun, they needed the right mustard, they needed a little bit of chopped raw onion and that was that. You know Lark, when you have a good steak, it needs S&P pan seared and then down the hatch ... but pan searing, might be a bit of over-handling.

Good God Woofsie, you are supporting a company that supports the Wild...  SHAME...... 

https://www.facebook.com/sheboygansausage/

Lark

Supper Anarchist
Ohio
Horseradish,    You forgot the horseradish and kraut.   Plant based?   We’re the plants free range?    I suppose they’re popular with the anti pork religions (and pigs).   

Steak:   Marinate with Italian dressing and grill.   Poor steak, add the onions and mushrooms and sauté.   

Chris in Santa Cruz CA

Super Anarchist
earths surface
Any dick shard who tuns this thread political and gets this purgatoried to PA deserves to have an aluminum winch handle shoved up their gizzards so that every log of their shit for the next six years will vaguely read the words "Ram Well."

This is not political, it just a bunch of some really fucking friendly people who run the King Soopers here in Colorado, and keep the fish counter surprisingly well stocked even though we are land locked. They make good bread and pastries, they manage to keep the paper aisle stocked with the things we need, the milk is fresh, the half-and-half tastes like supermodel pussy and the cashiers and baggers lick tits by moving a lot of people through these stores with a really hard won level of efficiency.

Supermarket work requires a bit more ability for complexity than a job like mine, and these employees need to stay in King Soopers because they run a tight ship. If King Soopers ends up getting staffed by a bunch of strikebreakers, most of them will leave when Kroger drops their $22 per hour strikebreaker pay to $16.50 per hour pay. And then King Soopers will be swallowed alive by Walmart and Amazon and all the other companies that are owned by zillionaires and don't allow labor union membership.

Yeah, I fucking said it, but it's still not political. There are righties and lefties working those stores, grocering, bagging, cashiering, stocking peaches, cutting the scales off of fish, frying up chicken wings, wrapping chunks of plastic in the cheese, stocking the beer aisle and pulling carts. And they're on that line picketing for a wage so they can afford to stay in Colorado, because the cost of living in this shithole has skyrocketed lately for some reason I don't understand. It's getting so that Shaggy is going to have to downgrade his three-knot-shitbox for an RC boat and race in Lollipop Lake. It's getting so that the dude up in Buena Vista is forced to drink slightly less than top-shelf scotch. Yeah, that tough. So shit is getting hard here for some reason, maybe because we're now a state of potheads, I'm not sure though.

The point is, we need to not cross that line to get a fucking jar of plum marmalade and a box of post-menopausal tampons or whatever our old ladies told us to get, because the people on that line are our friends. They ski with us, sail with us, gamble with us, drink with us. Without them, King Soopers is just a building with boxes of cereal and canned products with the faint aroma of Saint Petersburg at noon. And when we don't cross the line, we should beep our horns to let them the Kroger billionaires know that their employees have a lot of friends, who aren't necessarily always shit-fucked on Mount Gay 1703 Master Select swilled out of a cocksucking pickle dish.
Posts with this many words automatically belong in pa no matter what the subject matter. I am not reading it.

mikewof

mikewof
Good God Woofsie, you are supporting a company that supports the Wild...  SHAME...... 

https://www.facebook.com/sheboygansausage/
As an Avs fan until the end of time, I love the Wild, but damned if they don't hate us. How can we not love the Wild, and that miserable drought of Stanley Cups that even manages to the make the Detroit Lions look kinda not so bad in comparison ... hell, at least the Lions USED to be good. Cripes, even as the Stars, the old Minnesota team won a Cup and went five times. Didn't the North Stars win a Cup too back in the day? But the poor, miserable Wild? What do they eat for breakfast, Postseason Defeat Flakes?

In the words of and Avs fan who learned of the Blue Jackets feud, "it's like finding out that your houseplant secretly hates you."