Ship vs. Wave

Trendsetter

Super Anarchist
Cape Cod
*yawn* those pictures dont show fighting to save, thats just surf training, its what we do for fun so when the real shit hits we can go out and save your ass. but always remeber this our real motto is US/OURS/Them's/theirs.. so if we dont feel safe and dont think the boats can handle it you better be ready to ride it out... and yes your boat is last on the list to save

BJSailor

Super Anarchist
Seabrook, TX
That sequence of the USCG boat blasting into the surf is a set of training photos. Unless I miss my guess, those pics were taken of the Columbia River outlet where the surf is brutal. It is the location where the USCG trains their ruscue boat crews. You could probably go out ther 3 or 4 times a year and see a sequence like that. The point is, that this is business as usual for these heros. Personally, I'd have to take a change of shorts on a mission like that - sh*t woud be running down my legs as the boat crashes into that surf. Those folks in the USCG have cajones that few of us have. Just imagine doing that as part of a "training" exercise...

jfclapp

Super Anarchist
Massachusetts
nice web site.

lots of intersting images

339292221_f72b899377_b.jpg