Shorts?

mezaire

Super Anarchist
Tasmania
Musto Evo shorts rock as do the trousers.

Not the cheapest but sailed with a skipper who sailed twice a week, sat on his arse all race and his were going strong after 3 years!

Bowchow

Anarchist
Evo's look pretty cool, Not sure if I like the design of the pockets on the side though.

Anyone try these out yet? Some guy I sail with has them, they look pretty good, and appear to be pretty tough.

HSG2049C_F.jpg

USA190520

Super Anarchist

Not the cheapest but sailed with a skipper who sailed twice a week, sat on his arse all race and his were going strong after 3 years!

+1

My favorite shorts are my evos.

Well designed but tve zippers are fragile, I got new zips installed on both pairs I have and I'd wear em everyday if I could...

mezaire

Super Anarchist
Tasmania
Evo's look pretty cool, Not sure if I like the design of the pockets on the side though.

Anyone try these out yet? Some guy I sail with has them, they look pretty good, and appear to be pretty tough.

HSG2049C_F.jpg
Pockets are designed (and work well) to allow access while sitting down.

They are also a little stretchy which makes them very comfy.

I have those Harken shorts, they are really nice.

Just walked into the Gaastra store in Newport, they have the nicest sailing shorts I've ever seen. Guess how much, guess... $140

Ouch.

Mogle

At sea

HSG2049C_F.jpg
They are really good. I am on the third set, They are tough and will not fall apart. Had no problems with the pockets - the pocket could have been deeper.

They could come in a few more colours - I have only seen black and gray.

ColinG

Super Anarchist
Sydney, AUS
For fucks sake! talk about namby pamby sailors! $100+ bucks for sailing shorts. Even if they are flash wicking fabric, your arse still gets wet every time a wave comes through.

Target $15 drill cotton baggy shorts - indestructible, plenty of pockets, chuck them away after a season.

If you don;t want to sit around the clubhoiuse with a wet backside after the race - buy 2 - still only $30 bucks and the "club pair" cna be the boat pair next season!!

Wimps! :p

Last edited by a moderator:

mezaire

Super Anarchist
Tasmania
For fucks sake! talk about namby pamby sailors! $100+ bucks for sailing shorts. Even if they are flash wicking fabric, your arse still gets wet every time a wave comes through.

Target $15 drill cotton baggy shorts - indestructible, plenty of pockets, chuck them away after a season.

If you don;t want to sit around the clubhoiuse with a wet backside after the race - buy 2 - still only $30 bucks and the "club pair" cna be the boat pair next season!!

Wimps! :p
Tried cheap shorts and when you sail on a boat with aggregate as the grip surface they didn't even last a regatta!!

Maybe I spend a bit more time sliding round on my arse as I have a leg disability so manourvers on a rough day are easier with a low center or gravity but I reckon I would of spent over $200 on cheap shorts for how long my Musto's have lasted me.

MoMP

Super Anarchist
Boston, USA

+1

My favorite shorts are my evos.

Well designed but tve zippers are fragile, I got new zips installed on both pairs I have and I'd wear em everyday if I could...
Wait, you paid a high premium for the name and had to rebuild them and they still get your thumbs up? Boy, the power of marketing......

USA190520

Super Anarchist
No, actually, I have not purchased gear in eons, that said they were crew gear and I broke the zippers trying to get em on/off without fully dropping the zippers which were plastic.

The shorts are nice and are well designed and if not for my lack of care wouldn't need any repair.

As for marketing, I never would have known I liked the shorts had they not been handed to me.

Latest posts