Should the US clear the air over Ukraine?

βhyde

Super Anarchist
Beside Myself
Lend/Lease some F-22's and F-35's to the Ukes. Maybe toss in a few A-10's for fun, 'cuz nothing makes armor personnel shit their pants and want to defect more than that. The Ukrainian pilots (they won't really be Ukrainian) can fly out of Poland or Germany the way China did in Vietnam. Then once the skies are clear of Russian aircraft, start an air lift (ala Berlin) of much needed food and medicine (actually a shitload more weapons), and watch the Russians experience Afghanistan 2.0 with a long drawn out ground war for the next ten years.*

*Not really. I have no idea what to do. I'm not even sure what is going on or why any of this shit is happening. I am sure it's Biden's fault though.

It would be nice now that all the airlines have told Putin to fuck off, if we also denied entry to any country any person carrying a Russian passport. Also any Russians on work visas, green cards, etc. in the US and UK, and anywhere else that hates Putin (that would be everywhere except China and Syria), have tens days to get back to Mother Russia and let Putin know he just fucked over their careers/lives. That would be fun.

Steve

Anarchist
duluth, mn
I think all trade with Russia needs to cease, period. Any company (worldwide) that wants to do business of any kind with Russia should be banned from access to the rest of the free worlds markets. Their choice. Send them back to the stone age.

Mrleft8

Super Anarchist
Suwanee River
Just say no to nukes. Same rules as always. Don't go on/over Russian soil.
Putin says that the Ukraine doesn't exist, and that it's always been part of Russia, so to fly over the Ukraine, is to fly over Russia, in his fevered mind.... I'm afraid that the loser has infected Putin with some sort of advanced dementia.

badlatitude

Super Anarchist
Nato has activated its defense force for the first time in Nato history. 

Nato troops and equipment are moving into defensive positions.

Lets hope some vodka drunk Russian commander  doesn't lob a few missiles into the wrong country.
Wow, you've claimed the natural habitat of many species not necessarily native to Canada. I won't argue your claim, I have better things to do, but it does deserve to be called out as mostly fallacious.

Mrleft8

Super Anarchist
Suwanee River
I think all trade with Russia needs to cease, period. Any company (worldwide) that wants to do business of any kind with Russia should be banned from access to the rest of the free worlds markets. Their choice. Send them back to the stone age.
Sadly, it seems that MBS and the rest of OPEC are supporting Putin..... At the moment....

The Saudis are a murderous pack of jackals, and are more likely to stick with Putin, than betray the loser, and support Biden.

Sad, but they've been this way for thousands of years.

They have no morals, anymore than a Pentecostal televangelist, or a wall street hedge fund manager.

aA

Super Anarchist
norcal™
air superiority by america over ukraine right now starting mutually assured destruction of the planet notwithstanding, i believe the su-57 referenced in the op is a combat active fleet of two (four at most) for the entirety of rus at this time

Olsonist

Disgusting Liberal Elitist
New Oak City
Sadly, it seems that MBS and the rest of OPEC are supporting Putin..... At the moment....

The Saudis are a murderous pack of jackals, and are more likely to stick with Putin, than betray the loser, and support Biden.

Sad, but they've been this way for thousands of years.

They have no morals, anymore than a Pentecostal televangelist, or a wall street hedge fund manager.
I don't think MBS is supporting putain so much as just profiteering. I think China is looking at this as well and saying they have choices and Russia doesn't; so China will set the price, thank you. The UAE abstaining was weird but kind of pointless.

The Saudi are shits. We took a wrong turn back in the 50s. We should have done a deal with Mosaddegh rather than the goat fuckers.

Last edited by a moderator:

LB 15

Cunt
If NATO actually did something smart, they would have pulled Russia and Ukraine into the treaty after the USSR broke up. 

So now we're here with one terrorist attack away from the U.S. going to war with Russia. Can you imagine how busy the terrorists are right now? So much to do, so short of a window where everyone is confused and will fall for anything.
That’s the problem right there Mike. Obviously no one is as smart as you. Sure you may be a middle aged, short, fat, bald man with no friends and a failed osmosis project, but that shouldn’t deter you from wanting to rewrite history. 

So go hard dude. Drop and give me 10 000 words on the subject. 

Wow, you've claimed the natural habitat of many species not necessarily native to Canada. I won't argue your claim, I have better things to do, but it does deserve to be called out as mostly fallacious.
https://www.nato.int/cps/en/natohq/opinions_192408.ht

"Peace in our continent has been shattered. We now have war in Europe, on a scale and of a type we thought belong to history. 
We have just finished an emergency meeting of the North Atlantic Council to discuss the situation.
The Council also addressed the request by Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania and Slovakia to hold urgent consultations under Article 4 of the Washington Treaty.

This is a grave moment for the security of Europe.

Russia’s unjustified and unprovoked attack on Ukraine is putting countless innocent lives at risk.

With air and missile attacks.
Ground forces and special forces from multiple directions.
Targeting military infrastructure and major urban centres.
This is a deliberate, cold-blooded and long-planned invasion.

Despite its litany of lies, denials, and disinformation, 
the Kremlin’s intentions are clear for the world to see. 
Russia’s leaders bear full responsibility for their reckless actions and the lives lost.  

NATO Allies condemn Russia’s invasion of Ukraine in the strongest possible terms. 

This is a blatant violation of international law.
An act of aggression against a sovereign, independent and peaceful country. 
And a serious threat to Euro-Atlantic security.  

We call on Russia to immediately cease its military action. 
Withdraw its forces from Ukraine.
And choose diplomacy.

We fully support Ukraine’s sovereignty and territorial integrity. 
And Ukraine’s right of self-defence.

Russia is using force to try to rewrite history.
And deny Ukraine its free and independent path.

NATO’s core task is to protect and defend all Allies.
There must be no room for miscalculation or misunderstanding.
An attack on one will be regarded as an attack on all.
This is our collective security guarantee.

Today, the North Atlantic Council decided to activate our defence plans,
At the request of our top military commander, General Tod Wolters.

This is a prudent and defensive step to protect and shield Allied nations during this crisis.
And it will enable us to deploy capabilities and forces, including the NATO Response Force, to where they are needed.

In response to Russia’s massive military build-up, 
we have already strengthened our collective defence.
On land, at sea, and in the air.

In the last weeks, Allies from North America and Europe have deployed thousands of more troops to the eastern part of the Alliance.
And placed more on standby.

We have over 100 jets at high alert, protecting our airspace.
And more than 120 Allied ships at sea, from the High North to the Mediterranean.

All this shows that our collective defence commitment Article 5 is ironclad. 
And we will continue to do whatever is necessary to shield the Alliance from aggression.

I have called a virtual Summit of NATO leaders tomorrow, to address the way forward."

mikewof

mikewof
Putin is paranoid about NATO, not the Russian people. Get rid of Putin and NATO will dissolve for lack of need and the problem is solved.
NATO was around long before Putin, and will be around long after.

Putin already made explorations to ascend into NATO and then he shitcanned it when it was met by crickets from USA, Canada, Britain, Germany and France.

mikewof

mikewof
Lend/Lease some F-22's and F-35's to the Ukes. Maybe toss in a few A-10's for fun, 'cuz nothing makes armor personnel shit their pants and want to defect more than that. The Ukrainian pilots (they won't really be Ukrainian) can fly out of Poland or Germany the way China did in Vietnam. Then once the skies are clear of Russian aircraft, start an air lift (ala Berlin) of much needed food and medicine (actually a shitload more weapons), and watch the Russians experience Afghanistan 2.0 with a long drawn out ground war for the next ten years.*

*Not really. I have no idea what to do. I'm not even sure what is going on or why any of this shit is happening. I am sure it's Biden's fault though.

It would be nice now that all the airlines have told Putin to fuck off, if we also denied entry to any country any person carrying a Russian passport. Also any Russians on work visas, green cards, etc. in the US and UK, and anywhere else that hates Putin (that would be everywhere except China and Syria), have tens days to get back to Mother Russia and let Putin know he just fucked over their careers/lives. That would be fun.
So ... we have a country full of homeless people, sick people who can't get healthcare, working poor, and we're now supposed to get involved again in European problems?

What if we didn't do any of this? What if we let Ukraine and Russia settle their differences from the confines of the peace treaty they both want, and we focus on our own domestic failures for a while?

fastyacht

Super Anarchist
The fact is that their oil and gas are still flowing and the US is not stopping that--on purpose. They just do not say that on the news.

Hard On The Wind

Super Anarchist
GMT-8
So ... we have a country full of homeless people, sick people who can't get healthcare, working poor, and we're now supposed to get involved again in European problems?

What if we didn't do any of this? What if we let Ukraine and Russia settle their differences from the confines of the peace treaty they both want, and we focus on our own domestic failures for a while?
Because we supposedly stand up for democracy and against totalitarian dictatorship. 

Latest posts