Show me your blue boats!

Bull City

A fine fellow
North Carolina
Speaking of the color blue... I'm a soccer fan (I still play twice a week with other old farts) and I have noticed the difference in the U.S.A.'s "Red, white and blue," and France's "Bleu, blanc y rouge." The U.S. blue is a pretty dark Navy blue; the French bleu is lighter.

image.png

image.png

What has also caught my eye is that while Italy' flag has no blue:

image.png

the Italian national soccer team wears blue. In fact they are known as the "Azzurri." This is because it is the color of the Savoy family, the dynasty that reigned in Italy from 1861 to 1946. They must have sprung for the uniforms.

image.png

Last edited by a moderator:

kdh

Super Anarchist
I'm partial to a dark hull. This is Awlgrip Majestic Blue. Popular color for the later Hinckleys.

image.png

Jim in Halifax

Super Anarchist
Nova Scotia
This is a sistership to my (white) boat. Not sure what shade of blue this is. I think I'm sticking with white hull but I might use a light blue anti-skid when I re-do the decks (to go with the Pacific Blue Sunbrella on dodger and sailcover)...

Frigate 36 blue.jpg

Autonomous

Turgid Member
PNW
Blue boat hijack follows.

I'm requesting opinions on a stripe color for an upcoming dinghy. Which blue, actually which color, would you choose?

The colors:

GHBW-color-guide.jpg

The boat:

16.jpg

Zonker

Super Anarchist
Canada
Caribbean inspired blue and yellow. Yellow was Petit EasyPoxy *sucks / Blue is Brightsides.  (Our first boat)

image.png

Autonomous

Turgid Member
PNW
Blue and yellow is certainly popular in Noorhuvian countries too. The color combination isn't that common here in NA but it works. 

Sorry no pictures but our Pygmy kayaks have a rich yellow deck with a blue stripe over a white hull.