Show me your blue boats!

Cruisin Loser

Super Anarchist

LB 15

Cunt
My BH 41 just before it came out of the shed after it’s 20th birthday.

B86A87EB-45C9-4F4A-BF68-14E9AA8E4E29.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

accnick

Super Anarchist
In that bottom photo, is there really that much of a gap between the skeg and the balancing part of the rudder, or am I seeing something that isn't there? That look like an almost ideal lobster buoy catcher. 
If that's a Tartan 37, the original rudder configuration was a full depth skeg in front of the rudder blade. I've seen photos of boats with that skeg cracked right across at the lower edge of the skeg in this picture. Maybe that rudder arrangement was changed at some point. That gap looks like a pot catcher, for sure.

If that's a Tartan 37, the original rudder configuration was a full depth skeg in front of the rudder blade. I've seen photos of boats with that skeg cracked right across at the lower edge of the skeg in this picture. Maybe that rudder arrangement was changed at some point. That gap looks like a pot catcher, for sure.
There are several out there with a missing skeg. They break away easily on a hard grounding, as does the fairing on the ass end of the keel if the yard blocks it incorrectly. Mine is missing the skeg. The helm is more balanced without it and it does reverse better. So, I'm going to block in the gap in the rudder and build a small shoe fairing over the rudder plate to fair it all in. They all came with the skeg and I believe you can still pay out the nose and wait over a year to get a replacement from Tartan ;)  

ChrisJD

Boston, MA
Now launched in her new livery. Still waiting on a new stack pack that matches the rest of the canvas, but we certainly didn't want to wait to splash her for that.

Pinniped.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    130.5 KB · Views: 10

ChrisJD

Boston, MA
15 hours ago, Bull City said:

I posted this on "Show your boat sailing" and I thought I'd be a dip shit and post it here too.

Bull, was very jealous when I saw that post that you had a friendly fellow sailor with a drone! I've tried to figure out whether/how to make it worthwhile to get someone to take some nice sailing photos of Pinniped but haven't gotten there yet.

Bull City

A fine fellow
North Carolina
Bull, was very jealous when I saw that post that you had a friendly fellow sailor with a drone! I've tried to figure out whether/how to make it worthwhile to get someone to take some nice sailing photos of Pinniped but haven't gotten there yet.
It was simply good fortune.

The sailing club had an event, which I missed, and which was the primary focus of the drone owner. He was still "droning" when we sailed back to the marina a few hours later. He emailed everyone a few days later with a link to the files. I was thrilled to find the video.

Start a drones club:

image.png

Last edited by a moderator: