Show your boat not sailing

Zora

Cork
We drove past Hegartys a couple of times this July, I was tempted to stop but we had already exhausted our amazement quota for the day.

Baltimore is beautiful, we walked out to the eastern headland and the stone marker tower, wow!

View attachment 286475

View attachment 286476
The Beacon is a beautiful place. I have photos of her sailing past the Beacon on her maiden voyage as well, a dream backdrop and place to live.. 

bridhb

Super Anarchist
Jax, FL
A work in progress.....sailing now!  Not much early 80's IOR influence to this hull shape (sarcastic font on).  Hope it makes a good old man single handed cruiser in the sort of near future.

CIMG1395.JPG

nebe

RI
I’ll post some before and after pics if there’s interest. The companionway sliding hatch was delaminated and had lichen and moss on it, but now has been glued up and had about 5 coats o varnish on her... 

shaggybaxter

Super Anarchist
Australia
If boats look like their owners Cruiser, you seriously need to go on a diet.

And when you find a good one, lemme know will ya? 

IMG_0304_zpscvobly8s.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Kris Cringle

Super Anarchist
Stripping the sails at the end of last week I was the only boat at our public docks. Often the docks are pulled by the end of October, by our public works dept. The harbor master told me,

"Stay as long as you want. The public works guys are moose hunting until next week".  

index.php

Anomaly2

Anarchist
Rhode Island
Meanwhile, to the south of Maine, things were "kind of blue" the other evening. (thread relevance: my boat is out there. Not sailing.)

IMG-1730.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Kris Cringle

Super Anarchist
Wow, still a lot of leaves on your trees this late in the year, for your location.

Having spent most of my life in Vermont, the coast of Maine (same latitude), is a different climate. The old weather adage is "10 degrees cooler in the summer, 10 degrees warmer in the winter" is surprisingly accurate if you compare our weather to just 10 miles inland. The North Atlantic has much control over our weather. 

Seed catalogues that show the planting areas in temperature ranges often link the Boston planting season colored band as running right up through our area of the coast. 

Of course when the wind blows from inland, we can be just as cold - or hot - as anywhere. Luckily the prevailing winds usually mix the ocean climate with our weather. We have a Pin Oak out front that has just started to turn red. It won't drop it's leaves for weeks.  

IStream

Super Anarchist
Out here in balmy Seattle, our Big Leaf Maple has stayed true to itself, turning colors at the solstice and going completely bare with the first strong wind. It's also the last to get foliage in the spring. That sucker is a real sprinter. It has more dormancy than any tree in the yard but when it's active, it grows like a weed.