Singapore Does What We've All Been Thinking...

Rain Man

Super Anarchist
Wet coast.
While I understand why, that can lead to an awfully slippery slope.
Yes, hopefully this will be the only exception.  Shingles would be a good example - there is a vaccination available, should they pay to treat shingles in anyone who hasn't been vaccinated for it?

Kate short for Bob

Super Anarchist
Yes, hopefully this will be the only exception.  Shingles would be a good example - there is a vaccination available, should they pay to treat shingles in anyone who hasn't been vaccinated for it?
Why?  The vaccine is only effective for <50% of those aged 65 or older.

image.png

A

Amati

More of a nudge, given the privatized nature of their system.  Compared to the death cult approach here in the US, it seems oddly gentle at least for Singapore.  But hey, freedom!   ;)   

let’s tally up some of US freedoms-

freedom to die

freedom to infect

freedom to hide

freedom for the unmasked

freedom to bankrupt 

freedom to overwhelm medical care

Gosh!  The list goes on and on!  You’d almost conclude that consciousness doesn’t aid survival! But the Right here has traditionally been the unwitting tools of naked Darwinian brutalities

We failed containment,

We failed public health, which lead to pandemic,

And now we have been forced by an obstinate minority to endemic.  

Of course this entails vaccination for those outside the death cult.  And masking.  And hiding.  

The circle is unbroken.  

Repeat. (Look at the history of AIDS if you have any questions.)

EYESAILOR

Super Anarchist
Why?  The vaccine is only effective for <50% of those aged 65 or older.

View attachment 472712
Incorrect and out of date. Shingrix is 90% effective and remains 85% effective for those over 70.

You are thinking of older previous vaccines for shingles…..which might be relevant for you but for those who have contemporary doctors and don’t rely only on medication that was available prior to 1989, there are alternatives. 

danstanford

Anarchist
Lake Ontario
Singapore fixing that too, they just lift the age you can smoke every year so one generation will never smoke.
OK, suppose they refuse to treat your heart attack because you are fat and don't go the gym enough. 

Don't get me wrong, though I understand those who don't want to get vaccinated, I think there are/should be costs related to their decision. This solution seems like one of those costs they should bear but I cannot imagine the fallout if we started this.

All you folks should imagine your kids finding room in their hearts to pay into a national pension plan to support you if they don't believe they will ever be able to access it themselves. Sorry for the thread drift. 

accnick

Super Anarchist
Incorrect and out of date. Shingrix is 90% effective and remains 85% effective for those over 70.

You are thinking of older previous vaccines for shingles…..which might be relevant for you but for those who have contemporary doctors and don’t rely only on medication that was available prior to 1989, there are alternatives. 
Yep. We originally got an older shingles vaccine, but when Shingrix came out, we jumped on the opportunity.

My wife and I both had more reaction to Shingrix than we have had to almost any other vaccination. It was worth it to me. Having had chickenpox as a child, I am a prime candidate for shingles, and really don't want to go there.

A

Amati

OK, suppose they refuse to treat your heart attack because you are fat and don't go the gym enough. 

Don't get me wrong, though I understand those who don't want to get vaccinated, I think there are/should be costs related to their decision. This solution seems like one of those costs they should bear but I cannot imagine the fallout if we started this.

All you folks should imagine your kids finding room in their hearts to pay into a national pension plan to support you if they don't believe they will ever be able to access it themselves. Sorry for the thread drift. 
Paul Ryan Memorial Hospice for the intentionally unvaccinated?

And here’s another example, although this should have been called ‘The Trump Hospice for COVID patients’ (March 2020)

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/health/king-county-to-put-200-bed-field-hospital-on-shoreline-soccer-field-amid-coronavirus-outbreak/

Last edited:

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile

It's not "refuse to treat"
It's "Refuse to pay for"

And (in the US) if you think Med Insurance for the fat, or the old, or the infirm is the same price as the young and fit, well, you're wrong. Best you can do is join a group and hide your issues in the bigger risk pool.

EYESAILOR

Super Anarchist

All of you suggesting selective treatment of patients whether for covid or any other disease in the USA are being unrealistic.  Certainly there will be triage, always has been, always will…….but if someone ill can be treated and cured, I don’t know how you force a doctor to overcome a solemn oath and years of training …..and once you create a grey area, how difficult our lives then become.

Am I angry with someone who selfishly declines to be vaccinated? And then discovers they are not as risk less as they thought? Yes.   Would I treat them and try and save their life so that they can tell all their friends how it was just a tough bout of the flu? I am sorry but yes I would.