small sportboat demo day atlanta may 17

in the water demo day may 17 , starting at 10:00am at lake lanier sailing club just north of atlanta. there will be an sb3, a viper 640 and open 570's (any others???) for directions go to www.llsc.com questions-call or email justin or [email protected]

for planning purposes we would like to know how many might be coming so please give us a heads up.

flaps15

Super Anarchist
dna level c
in the water demo day may 17 , starting at 10:00am at lake lanier sailing club just north of atlanta. there will be an sb3, a viper 640 and open 570's (any others???) for directions go to www.llsc.com questions-call or email justin or [email protected]
for planning purposes we would like to know how many might be coming so please give us a heads up.
Great Idea, good luck.

Essex

Super Anarchist
New Jersey
sb3, vip640, u20, open570 ...may I suggest a round robin of 1/4 mile drag racing, start line 90deg to the wind ?

Last edited by a moderator:
sb3, vip640, u20, open570 ...may I suggest a round robin of 1/4 mile drag racing, start line 90deg to the wind ?
gee whiz, chill out!!!! the viper is rated 99 phrf here. the u20 and 570 are 150. why not put a m24 in the mix and kick every body's ass, better yet the m32!!!! not what this is all about. all of these boats have their plusses and minuses. it isn't just about which one is the fastest. if so there would be a shaw or thompson here too.

the reason we are having this demo day is to let folks compare the pro's and con's of each boat. the 570 suits me because i can comfortably sail with 2 up in 15 or so, and because i am an old fart. the young bucks might like the viper better 'cause it is more athletic and faster.

if i really want to go fast i get in the sea ray. there aren't any sailboats that are faster that that mofo. i just need the credit card........$$$$$$$$$$$

Atomic Wedgy

"the reason we are having this demo day is to let folks compare the pro's and con's of each boat. the 570 suits me because i can comfortably sail with 2 up in 15 or so, and because i am an old fart. the young bucks might like the viper better 'cause it is more athletic and faster. "

No question you each need to find the pros and cons that appeal to each of you and decide on a good overall compromise. Please understand though, although the Viper is significantly faster, it is NOT that athletic at all. We had a 60+ year old female helming this weekend in Savannah. She was not intimidated in 12-15 knots and LOVED the Hell out of it. You will not be hiking like in a laser, it's just a comfortable sit back with your feet in the straps.

Set all your inhibitions aside, enjoy the day and keep your eyes open. Savannah has been biten by the Viper. Hope you guys see what we see.

Essex

Super Anarchist
New Jersey
gee whiz, chill out!!!! the viper is rated 99 phrf here. the u20 and 570 are 150. why not put a m24 in the mix and kick every body's ass, better yet the m32!!!! not what this is all about. all of these boats have their plusses and minuses. it isn't just about which one is the fastest. if so there would be a shaw or thompson here too.
the reason we are having this demo day is to let folks compare the pro's and con's of each boat. the 570 suits me because i can comfortably sail with 2 up in 15 or so, and because i am an old fart. the young bucks might like the viper better 'cause it is more athletic and faster.

if i really want to go fast i get in the sea ray. there aren't any sailboats that are faster that that mofo. i just need the credit card........$$$$$$$$$$$
Sorry, didn't mean it to be a 'my boat is faster than yours' jab.

Just musing about fastest & funnest point of sail on a friday afternoon.

'Racing' back in after racing is something all of these boats can enjoy.

jsam31

Anarchist
Keep us posted on this. I'm trying to setup the same thing in SF Bay.
Schoonerman,

It looks like are soon going to have one more 570 in SF bay...When it happens, we can hope that 2-4 570s from So. Cal. will drive up to the bay and join the 2 570 in SF bay for one design racing.

In the meantime, if you can coordinate a comparison (not demo) day between 570, SB3, U20 and V640, that would be great. We should invite sailing magazines as well and have these guys compare each boats...it would be cool and good press releases for the 20 foot sportboats.

I will be in the bay this weekend, sailing with Paul and his gang on USA 190....watch for us: red hull, blue spinnaker !!!

Cheers

Jerome

Schoonerman

Super Anarchist
San Francisco
Schoonerman,
It looks like are soon going to have one more 570 in SF bay...When it happens, we can hope that 2-4 570s from So. Cal. will drive up to the bay and join the 2 570 in SF bay for one design racing.

In the meantime, if you can coordinate a comparison (not demo) day between 570, SB3, U20 and V640, that would be great. We should invite sailing magazines as well and have these guys compare each boats...it would be cool and good press releases for the 20 foot sportboats.

I will be in the bay this weekend, sailing with Paul and his gang on USA 190....watch for us: red hull, blue spinnaker !!!

Cheers

Jerome
I agree Jerome. I'm pretty sure Lat 38 will cover it well and perhaps we can get Kimball or someone out from the major media. Perhaps Ed or Clean will come up?

I think we should have as many sportboats there as possible, not just 20 ish. Nice to have a Tiger, and Antrim, Melges 24 and 32, etc... Be good if all the manufucturers would play nice and help coordinate this.. doubtful, but nice.

I'm racing at Larry's club on Sat and will ask if they are interested in hosting. Any members of GGYC reading this...wanna host?

See you out there Jerome...bring your sunscreen. Sposed to be 77° on Sat B)

MR.CLEAN

Not here
I agree Jerome. I'm pretty sure Lat 38 will cover it well and perhaps we can get Kimball or someone out from the major media. Perhaps Ed or Clean will come up?
I think we should have as many sportboats there as possible, not just 20 ish. Nice to have a Tiger, and Antrim, Melges 24 and 32, etc... Be good if all the manufucturers would play nice and help coordinate this.. doubtful, but nice.

I'm racing at Larry's club on Sat and will ask if they are interested in hosting. Any members of GGYC reading this...wanna host?

See you out there Jerome...bring your sunscreen. Sposed to be 77° on Sat B)
I bet you can get the Ed up there.

Latest posts