SN15 Flys -- And Lands! And Stays In One Piece! So far!

Charlie Foxtrot

Super Anarchist
Floriduh

Just doesn't seem like a Starship test... Without a CRUD.  At least they had the traditional post landing fire.  

Last edited by a moderator:

White Lightning2

Anarchist
PNW
That is awesome. Every time gets them one step closer to those being manned take offs and landings. While I do wish I was 30 years younger (or they did this 30 years ago) I am stoked to see mankind finally taking the steps to truly reach the stars.

WL

alphafb552

Super Anarchist
Fryslan boppe!
A lot of people think Elon Musk is nuts or worse, but I am really impressed with what he is achieving with Tesla and SpaceX...

And I really dig the 'trash can with a rocket strapped to it' approach to the Starship project - though I know I'm not doing the science and engineering of the project any justice with that description. But what the heck, that's what they look like!

Windward

Super Anarchist
I wonder why they gave up on the water sprinkler to hose off the landing pad.   Though it wasn't really near the flames, it seemed to be cooling the pad somewhat.  

Charlie Foxtrot

Super Anarchist
Floriduh
I wonder why they gave up on the water sprinkler to hose off the landing pad.   Though it wasn't really near the flames, it seemed to be cooling the pad somewhat.  
I was listening to a youtube feed where the commentator said SpaceX had run out of water for the water cannons before.  Maybe they didn't get that fixed for this flight.  I also looked like the water cannons weren't situated properly for where SN15 landed in the corner. One leg looked to be only inches away from the edge of the concrete. The fire was pretty much hidden from the water guns.  

I'm just happy we didn't get a second flight out of that fire.  Whew!

Last edited by a moderator:

Bump-n-Grind

Get off my lawn.
Chesapeake Bay/Vail
A lot of people think Elon Musk is nuts or worse, but I am really impressed with what he is achieving with Tesla and SpaceX...

And I really dig the 'trash can with a rocket strapped to it' approach to the Starship project - though I know I'm not doing the science and engineering of the project any justice with that description. But what the heck, that's what they look like!
I kinda dig it. The overall design of Starship reminds me of early sci-fi Flash Gordon kinda shit. He's not re-inventing any wheels, but creating a lot of new ones.