So apparently you can buy your own anarchy forum section now!

Willin'

Super Anarchist
The Burg, Maine
How is that worse than plastering your adverts all over the home page of each forum as a sponsor? It all equates to a new boat for scooter at the expense of our clicks.

As if the forum sections were enforced anyway. Between the gear/fix-it/cruising posts in general, the unnecessary split between ocean racing and shorthanded and clearly political threads outside of the containment zone, it's high time to start spamming West Wight Potters in Sportboat Anarchy and old black and whites of Endeavour and Rainbow in J Anarchy.

PaulK

Super Anarchist
New site owners are trying to monetize?  What makes SA better than many sailing sites is the activity on the different forums that group people together: all sorts of dinghy sailors, all sorts of cruising sailors, all sorts of shorthanded sailors...  There are not too many sections and the group cross-fertilizes itself with new ideas and viewpoints.  Creating too many sections divides posters into smaller and smaller groups so there is less activity and the forum looks dead. In this case the separate section creates in effect a mini club that, pulls people away from contributing to the other sections, so there is less cross fertilization and the original section sees less activity. Then, since there is little activity on the new site, people stop posting there and the forum dies.  It might be better for them to sponsor an existing section rather than creating something that will reduce activity instead of adding to it. 

AnotherSailor

Super Anarchist
SF Bay
well, so far it is a whopping success with one post and zero replies. 

Let's all keep it that way. 

We don't even need to boycott the section, it will happen anyway. He would have had more replies if it had been posted here, and I would not have noticed until next year that the section existed.

12 metre

Super Anarchist
English Bay
Most sections have a sponsor with ads. 

Nothing new - always been that way.

J/Boat Anarchy is "brought to you by J/Boats"

Fix It Anarchy is "brought to you by West Systems"

etc. etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sail4beer

Super Anarchist
Toms River,NJ
Henry saw the utility of a horseless carriage. Others saw the beauty of the horse and wanted to bestow that in the automobile. Henry did not agree at all. Stubborn as a mule, that man!

Snaggletooth

Morrelle Compasse
Henry saw the utility of a horseless carriage. Others saw the beauty of the horse and wanted to bestow that in the automobile. Henry did not agree at all. Stubborn as a mule, that man!
Richere than anney orthere mule.............      :)

fastyacht

Super Anarchist
Eat me!

Eat me raw!
I wrote that om the Chalkboard at. 3am doimg an allnighter. Fortunaately the next mor jng i wandered in late andcmyvprofessor had already blown his fuses and calmed down

Last edited by a moderator: