So you support gun proliferation, eh?

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
Yeah. The thread ended the day of Sandy Hook. Ten years indeed.

See you at the finish line.
I don't see how a politically convenient crime ended the thread. I saw your post in the fourth amendment thread and was able to find the original post from ten years ago just by doing that thing where I remember stuff and search The Ed's database.

Now you know how to find it, so when the urge to whine about my response hits you again, you'll be able to quote it and say whatever it is that was wrong way back then and has been bothering you so ever since.

jocal505

moderate, informed, ex-gunowner
near Seattle, Wa
I don't see how a politically convenient crime ended the thread. I saw your post in the fourth amendment thread and was able to find the original post from ten years ago just by doing that thing where I remember stuff and search The Ed's database.

Now you know how to find it, so when the urge to whine about my response hits you again, you'll be able to quote it and say whatever it is that was wrong way back then and has been bothering you so ever since.

What can I say. You are a weird guy who wants to shoot others.

Mrleft8

Super Anarchist
Suwanee River
What can I say. You are a weird guy who wants to shoot others.
I don't think that Tommy gun wants to shoot people. I think he'd like the opportunity to shoot people if the need arose.
That said, I see no reason why any citizen should own an assault rifle. They aren't hunting weapons. They aren't self defense weapons. They aren't target rifles. They are very clearly manufactured for assault.
I have no issues with shot guns for hunting. I see no problem with rifles for hunting deer/hogs/ other game. I can see the need for side arms for some people in certain situations. But no one needs an assault weapon. And don't even TRY to tell me that an AR15 is the same as a .22 squirrel rifle.
1670465228385.png
1670465018808.png

1670465309934.png

jocal505

moderate, informed, ex-gunowner
near Seattle, Wa
I don't think that Tommy gun wants to shoot people. I think he'd like the opportunity to shoot people if the need arose.

Maybe you are not paying attention. Here are several clear examples where Tom Dogballs Ray coaches choices to shoot others. Discretionary gunplay is ever being rehearsed in his mind.

No "need" here, x4, Lefty:
  • The Old Coot Cousin Killer did not need to set up two shootings in his basement.
  • The Burger King Gun Scramble manager did not need to get a gun from his car to shoot the employee who had just reacted to his paycheck with a shoving match.
  • The plebe in the Plebe's Revenge Shootout did not need to retrieve the gun in his car to shoot the offending fraternity members.
  • "Survivors will be shot" is a choice, in poor form, not a need.
Duty to retreat is the time-honored, civilized, higher road... and it is not on the map for @Pertinacious Tom

Last edited:

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
What have I ever said to lead you to believe I want to have my life put in danger just so I can kill someone? That's a very sick thought.

I have no issues with shot guns for hunting. I see no problem with rifles for hunting deer/hogs/ other game. I can see the need for side arms for some people in certain situations. But no one needs an assault weapon. And don't even TRY to tell me that an AR15 is the same as a .22 squirrel rifle.
It is if it's chambered in .22, because that's exactly what it would be.

If it has certain cosmetic features, a Ruger 10-22 is an assault weapon according to federal law. Even without those features, it's an assault weapon according to elected FL grabbers.

Similarly, a S&W Victory .22 handgun is an assault weapon.

So your statement makes no sense. You say you're OK with handguns but are apparently unaware that they can be assault weapons, even if they shoot .22. You say you're OK with hunting rifles and squirrel rifles, but seem unaware that a Ruger 10-22 is an assault weapon.

Really, I don't know how you could have missed those facts, but that's what they are. You could do that thing that I do and actually READ an "assault weapon" ban if you want to verify that things you "know" are actually wrong.

Latest posts