Sodeb'O RTW

born2sail

Super Anarchist
Will he or won't he..............get past the Cape of Good Hope? Sort of a gaudy tracker, IMHO <_<

chart11_18.gif

PorVida

Leftie File
I can only speak from my experience while sailing with Thomas Coville aboard Sodeb'O on a recent September day when the winds were wonderful and the Bay of Quiberon was perfect. If there is any skipper alive, on any boat in existence, that can take the RTW record from Joyon, it is Thomas Coville aboard Sodeb'O.

Standing alone out at the pulpit, while the boat was loafing along at 26 knots in 19 of breeze is one of the world's great E-Ticket rides. I felt no compunction to preach, or yell, just to soak-in the feeling of having been there while stashing the sensory understanding forever in my memory banks. Truly, an experience of a lifetime.

This man, Thomas Coville, is intuitive in his understanding of his boat, while remaining a beautiful soul who seeks to find his potential in concert with the sea.

What more can one ask.

Chris Ostlind

Lunada Design

www.lunadadesign.com

Cross-posted at Multihull Anarchy for world-wide coverage

marian

Super Anarchist
Solo said:
Solo said:
In which case, I presume you advocate that people should take the VOR and Vendee to Sailing Anarchy?
that's a really stupid presumption unfounded on facts that Volvo and Vendee are monohull races.

but that's ok, marian, we don't want you to start crying that people don't follow your thread.

s.
So monohull races are OK in Ocean Anarchy, but round the world multihull record attempts are not. Wonderful logic.

born2sail

Super Anarchist
Solo said:
Solo said:
In which case, I presume you advocate that people should take the VOR and Vendee to Sailing Anarchy?
that's a really stupid presumption unfounded on facts that Volvo and Vendee are monohull races.

but that's ok, marian, we don't want you to start crying that people don't follow your thread.

s.
If she hadn't started the Sodeb'O thread, I would have.

kokopelli

Anarchist
As much as I can't stand Marian's approach to journalism either, leave her be on this one. SODEBO's RTW attempt belongs here just fine. You guys had no problem with Joyon's thread.

I am interested, so thanks for starting the thread.

Mash

Lyon - Fr
How ironic that a Frenchman would have a screen name after a war TV show :lol:
Could it be that this specific frog has precisely a particular liking for, say, the irony of aforementioned movie ? :p

More to the point, we should set a bet on when Sodebo will start passing by Vendee boats. I didn't have a close look to the routing forecast, but the back of the pack should be in his crosshairs in no time now.

M