Some of my old sailing photos 2

Larry

Super Anarchist
Insight. Ben H. Garrett. Largo FL. Nelson-Marek 36. 1983 SORC Class F, rated IOR 28.3. St. Petersburg to Ft. Lauderdale Race.

Picture1-31.png

Reactions: Mid

Larry

Super Anarchist
Mistral. William R. Jacobs, Waukegan YC. Peterson 34. 1980 Chicago to Mackinac Race. IOR Section 5.

Mistral.png

Last edited by a moderator:

WiAlan

Wisconsin
Larry:

Any images of Cats Paw, I think a Serendipity 43 out of the Annapolis area from the 80's? Ed passed away a little while ago and we were just talking about him the other day.

Thanks for some great reminders of past sailing.

ars

Harnesscreek

Larry:

Any images of Cats Paw, I think a Serendipity 43 out of the Annapolis area from the 80's? Ed passed away a little while ago and we were just talking about him the other day.

Thanks for some great reminders of past sailing.

ars
Wasn't the boat named "That Cat"?

Thanks,

miked62372

Mpls
Insight in preceding photo looks like a Morgan 36 NM when they were trying to build race boats.
That is definitely the Morgan build of the N/M 36. Interesting that it has the race rig (3 spreaders) but the cruising cockpit.

Larry, do you have any more photos of the '83 Morgan N/M 36's? They are excellent boats that still are performing at the top of their fleets.

Enolte

Insight in preceding photo looks like a Morgan 36 NM when they were trying to build race boats.
That is definitely the Morgan build of the N/M 36. Interesting that it has the race rig (3 spreaders) but the cruising cockpit.

Larry, do you have any more photos of the '83 Morgan N/M 36's? They are excellent boats that still are performing at the top of their fleets.

Sailed against Insight in the northern gulf coast many times over the years. Can't remember her hometown, but she was always at the big regattas. I always likes the lines on her.

longy

Overlord of Anarchy
San Diego
Are you certain? There was a boat of that name (IIRC) that was a sistership to 'SECRET LOVE', a Peterson 45.Black hull, maybe? Pictured earlier in this thread.

Larry

Super Anarchist
Wunder Bear. Clarence Blackwell. AYC. CHT 48. Storm Trysail Week 1983, Block Island RI. IOR Class 1, rated 38.2.

WunderBeartoWeatherToo.png

What does CHT mean? I found the scratch sheet for 1983 STW, but it only has abbreviations for designers.

House Salad

Anarchist
WLIS
Wunder Bear. Clarence Blackwell. AYC. CHT 48. Storm Trysail Week 1983, Block Island RI. IOR Class 1, rated 38.2.

WunderBeartoWeatherToo.png

What does CHT mean? I found the scratch sheet for 1983 STW, but it only has abbreviations for designers.

It means Choate as in Choate 40.

Larry

Super Anarchist
Infinity. John Thomson. Storm Trysail Club. Holland 47. 1983 SORC Class B, rated IOR 36.2. Miami to Nassau Race.

Picture5-3.png

Latest posts