Southern Ocean Heating - re: "Irreversible" on SA headline

Marty Gingras

Mid-range Anarchist
CO2 is a life giving gas.
carbon monoxide from cars is pollution.
The settlers turn the mid usa into arid land by cutting down trees. That is a problem.
The scientist that started the weather channel says man made global warming is false. He may be wrong though because chem trails across the world since the mid 90's may actually be the problem...
ps. i would like to see some one re do the Cavendish experiment with the big lead balls in the shed and prove gravity.
wut

billy backstay

Backstay, never bought a suit, never went to Vegas
I had a friend who argued that emissions from Internal Combustion Engines (ICE) were not damaging the atmosphere. I am a fairly open minded fellow, so we decided to test his thesis. He agreed to be locked in his garage with the engine to his pick up running.

I will miss our conversations.

I noticed years ago that the tree leaves along the major highways turn colors in the fall sooner than trees not along the highways? Google has no answer for this?

dogwatch

Super Anarchist
South Coast, UK
Thanks Mark, the Corn Crop factoid is pretty amazing. If we could stop the runoff pollution from farming creating the dead zone in the Gulf that would be really good.

Here is an interesting article I bumped into while trying to look at the really big picture.

I'm afraid a little research shows the "Resonance Science Foundation" is a peddler of bogus pseudo-science.

huey 2

Super Anarchist
syd

CaptainAhab

Anarchist
South Australia
They forgot to mention the Southern Annular Mode(SAM). It's currently Positive and forecast to remain so for the next few months. It causes more rain in AU as well.

This year we are having the trifecta. SAM, La Nina, & IOD. The last time it happened was 2016. That was the wettest year in Adelaide ever recorded. The SAM was so positive that most of the winter storms were tracking south of Perth and hitting Adelaide. This year the La Nina is the bigger variable, therefore the East coast gets hit harder.

This year Sydney will blow past it's wettest year over this weekend. That's with 11 weeks to go.

I've noticed that in the last 5 years the winter Antarctic storms have gotten substantially bigger. This past year the baro pressures have been much lower as well. I figure it's because of the waters getting warmer down there.

CaptainAhab

Anarchist
South Australia
1665479993465.png

SAM

duncan (the other one)

Super Anarchist
Siderney
In OZ
Ist from august ..., 2nd just happened

This was so last decade.

PROFESSOR TIM FLANNERY: We're already seeing the initial impacts and they include a decline in the winter rainfall zone across southern Australia, which is clearly an impact of climate change, but also a decrease in run-off. Although we're getting say a 20 per cent decrease in rainfall in some areas of Australia, that's translating to a 60 per cent decrease in the run-off into the dams and rivers. That's because the soil is warmer because of global warming and the plants are under more stress and therefore using more moisture. So even the rain that falls isn't actually going to fill our dams and our river systems

david r

Anarchist
pond
CO2 gives life to plants and trees. Trees give off O2. See how there is a solution there? There are private companies scrubbing CO2 from the air while Iowa farmers need CO2 and say there is a shortage. Plus the companies are trying to put a CO2 pipeline thru the Iowa farmland, making lots of land un-farmable. Meanwhile indoor growers have to buy CO2 making machines to increase their yield.

Man has been doing weather modification with jets, HAARP arrays, and other techniques for many decades. By-products of that could easily look like climate change.

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
CO2 gives life to plants and trees. Trees give off O2. See how there is a solution there? There are private companies scrubbing CO2 from the air while Iowa farmers need CO2 and say there is a shortage. Plus the companies are trying to put a CO2 pipeline thru the Iowa farmland, making lots of land un-farmable. Meanwhile indoor growers have to buy CO2 making machines to increase their yield.

Man has been doing weather modification with jets, HAARP arrays, and other techniques for many decades. By-products of that could easily look like climate change.

Oh dear!
A CO2 shortage?? Really?!?!
That sounds serious.

danstanford

Anarchist
Lake Ontario
I noticed years ago that the tree leaves along the major highways turn colors in the fall sooner than trees not along the highways? Google has no answer for this?
I think you will find the trees along any 'edge' of a forested area will change colour earlier. This is possibly due to frost settling on these perimeters first.

Kiwi Clipper

I notice how whenever "climate change" is discussed, there is a tendency for the "deniers" to wander toward an argument that borders on fate, rather than free will, governs our life on the planet.
It's a religious view that has not served humanity well, and continues to wreak havoc with our ability to solve problems in a rational way.
The subject of climate change, and human survivability on earth, is actually quite simple. Man has the ability to wipe the human race from the face of the planet. In more than one way. Will we succumb to hand wringing, and praying, or will we take our place in the world.
The hand wringers and prayers may lose by winning.
I hope not.
I personally would rather we stop the leak, than sink with the ship.

The trouble with the climate argument is the monumental logical jumps made based on a single view of earth when multiple factors which could be far more significant and important are not being considered.
We know earth has gone through all kinds of natural cycles in the past. Are we assuming that the past fifty years of records forms a baseline for earth and we must maintain the earth at its exact temperature forever? I heard there were ice ages and warm ages. The finger lakes of New York were cut by ice glaciers. Do the scientists know what causes these cycles? The "science" of global warming says we could heat up the planet by a degree or so in x years. How many tens of degrees warmer or colder does the earth get during an ice age or warm period? What tiny percent of those changes does carbon heating constitute? And did earth survive? And how do we know that the temperature changes we have observed over 50-100 years have not arisen as part of one of these larger cycles? Heat increases/decreases from the sun? Volcanic activity?
Assuming America could go to zero carbon in X period of time. If China and India do not, what will be the environmental impact?
For the most part our armies and navies are powered by carbon. Are we giving up our deterrent role in the world? Is the plan to give up our hope for a world of demcracy and let Putin and Chee dominate the world? Now what has zero US carbon achieved? In fact, you can already give it credit for the start of the Ukraine War and the wiping out of Mariupol. Half a million people, a whole culture, dead.
The largest land masses in the world are far north. Would a five degree temperature increase be welcome in Siberia and the North West Territories and Greenland? Will the growing world population benefit from warming these lands? How about in Antarctica. Maybe the penguins would prosper more with a little more heat? We know that the deep ocean suffers from a lack of energy (heat). Would they benefit?
A much more cogent environmental question today is the four or more garbage vortices developing in the oceans (two in the pacific, one in the Atlantic, one in the Indian ocean). and made up of human made plastics in such quantities that they are blocking out the access of plankton to the sun and interfering with the life processes in the oceans.

Kiwi Clipper

I had a friend who argued that emissions from Internal Combustion Engines (ICE) were not damaging the atmosphere. I am a fairly open minded fellow, so we decided to test his thesis. He agreed to be locked in his garage with the engine to his pick up running.

I will miss our conversations.
This is the kind of mindless bs that blinds envirnmentalists to more serious questions. Clearly the density of CO focussed inside an automobile is not comparable to some co in the atmosphere. I had a friend that argued that water could be good for people. So we dropped him in Lake Superior. I will miss our conversations. Too much of anything may not be good for people.

Latest posts