Space X launch and Trump

Xlot

Super Anarchist
Rome
He’ll be back Saturday for the new launch attempt. Just remembered that Nixon watched the Apollo 11 launch from the White House

Saorsa

Super Anarchist
And, the significance is???

https://www.nasa.gov/50th/50th_magazine/10presidents.html

Following the moon walk, Nixon flew to the Pacific to greet the Apollo 11 astronauts aboard the USS Hornet after their return to Earth on July 24, 1969.

That November, Nixon became the first president to attend a space launch, the successful liftoff of the Apollo 12 crew, which began inauspiciously when the Saturn V rocket was struck by lightning shortly after liftoff.

Cal20sailor

Super Anarchist
Detroit
He’ll be back Saturday for the new launch attempt. Just remembered that Nixon watched the Apollo 11 launch from the White House
I'm sure Trump is a self-proclaimed expert on  space flight .  A reporter should ask him if he's for or against orbital mechanics.  His look would be like that of a dog when you fart.  But he never says he doesn't know something, so we would get an interesting response.  

Xlot

Super Anarchist
Rome
And, the significance is???
If it eludes you, afraid I can’t help

This Space X launch is technically irrelevant, it does carry a minor symbolism in terms of American regression

Last edited by a moderator:

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
Mismoyled Jiblet. said:
I think it carries pretty big symbolism of the transfer of wealth into the pocket of the few.
with some free advertising as the transfer vehicle is a Model X

d'ranger

Super Anarchist
Well Ivanka and the kids went and will be back on Saturday. NASA has asked that people not travel but that is just so much for the little people.  NASA takes this stuff seriously, I know some people involved and they have all had to quarantine for some weeks. Like real quarantine including family.

Wherever two or more shall meet a petri dish will create. MAGA

Mid

Blues Rule
Trump campaign removes space-themed ad amid complaints from former astronaut, others

President Donald Trump's re-election campaign pulled a space-themed ad from YouTube Thursday after complaints were raised that it violated NASA guidelines and at least one former astronaut objected to appearing in it without her consent.
The "Make Space Great Again" ad was several minutes long and included snippets of speeches from former President John F. Kennedy and Trump and shots of the astronauts who were launched into space last Saturday from American soil for the first time in nearly a decade, but NASA has strict regulations for advertisements posted on its website.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/05/politics/trump-campaign-ad-space-complaint/index.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twCNNp&utm_content=2020-06-07T11%3A00%3A07&utm_term=image

Latest posts